Injuries

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Injuries

Post by BobbyPires7 »

If Jesus was fit we would be playing him.

Fucking idiots.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:17 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:16 pm
This is bonkers. This doesn't usually happen.

These blokes should be at the training getting physio every day.

It does suggest that Augie's point is correct....that the players are pushing this. I suspect that Odegaard is close to fitness, so thinks he'll be ready to play for Norway, but Jesus can't be anywhere near ready. I know our medical dept has been suspect for years, but if they're saying he's out 'til December, then surely even they can't be that far wrong??

Or can they??........ :?
Well they did give us the green light to sign a guy with a broken back.... :lol: :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Ah yes, those final Wenger years, in all their glory. Whenever you thought that things couldn't become more bizarre, brainless and inexplicable, up would step Uncle Arsene and take the lunacy to a new level. :barscarf:

I'm trying to remember the broken back bloke's name....he was a Swede I think and his surname began with a "K"? I can't be bothered to look it up and I know the encyclopaedic Stuart L will fill in the blanks for us. :) :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Kim Kallstrom

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:50 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

It does suggest that Augie's point is correct....that the players are pushing this. I suspect that Odegaard is close to fitness, so thinks he'll be ready to play for Norway, but Jesus can't be anywhere near ready. I know our medical dept has been suspect for years, but if they're saying he's out 'til December, then surely even they can't be that far wrong??

Well they did give us the green light to sign a guy with a broken back.... :lol: :wink:

Ah yes, those final Wenger years, in all their glory. Whenever you thought that things couldn't become more bizarre, brainless and inexplicable, up would step Uncle Arsene and take the lunacy to a new level. :barscarf:

I'm trying to remember the broken back bloke's name....he was a Swede I think and his surname began with a "K"? I can't be bothered to look it up and I know the encyclopaedic Stuart L will fill in the blanks for us. :) :wink:
:rubchin:

Uhhhmmmmm

Krocked?

Kerknackered ?

Kapputten ?

Krap?

It was Kim Kallstrom and he injured his back playing Beach Volleyball whilst on his holidays... Hence TOF stepped in and saved his bacon and signed him om Deadline Day... some things are never forgotten... for All the Wrong Reasons. :?

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:54 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:50 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

:rubchin:

Uhhhmmmmm

Krocked?

Kerknackered ?

Kapputten ?

Krap?

It was Kim Kallstrom and he injured his back playing Beach Volleyball whilst on his holidays... Hence TOF stepped in and saved his bacon and signed him om Deadline Day... some things are never forgotten... for All the Wrong Reasons. :?
He scored a very decent penalty in the FA cup semi final v Wigan shootout - apart from that ( and his broken back ) I remember nothing about him.

https://www.youtube.com/

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Jesus fitness is not reliable enough for him to be our no.9.

He should be, as city used him, a great option on the wing to give Saka a rest or if form has dipped.

We need a new no.9 next season.

Midz

Post by Midz »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:37 pm
If Jesus was fit we would be playing him.

Fucking idiots.
Exactly!

Midz

Post by Midz »

Brazil are thinking to play Jesus against Argentina next week. One knock and he'll be out for weeks/ months rather than finishing his recuperation now during the lull.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Midz wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:24 pm
Brazil are thinking to play Jesus against Argentina next week. One knock and he'll be out for weeks/ months rather than finishing his recuperation now during the lull.
Surely they can only play him if he tells them he's pain free and ready to play? If he does that, then I'd transfer the fucker in January.

Of course, this could all be media speculation, but there's one or two things going on at the moment that might suggest some of the players aren't entirely behind El Basque. Maybe I'm just indulging in some scurrilous speculation myself, but I suspect the Havertz fiasco might be pissing off some of the better players. They must be looking and seeing that the team has gone backwards, as most of us on here have seen.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:47 pm
Midz wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:24 pm
Surely they can only play him if he tells them he's pain free and ready to play? If he does that, then I'd transfer the fucker in January.

Of course, this could all be media speculation, but there's one or two things going on at the moment that might suggest some of the players aren't entirely behind El Basque. Maybe I'm just indulging in some scurrilous speculation myself, but I suspect the Havertz fiasco might be pissing off some of the better players. They must be looking and seeing that the team has gone backwards, as most of us on here have seen.
Too fuckin' right.... Club First (we pay his wages) country second...especially when his presence IS needed. :cussing:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Some very good news ….

Arsenal Fanatics News
Favourites · 8m ·
🚨 Exclusive #arsenalfanaticsnews
Jurrien Timber is out of the Gym and training on grass...
He is showing no adverse signs to the injury.

augie

Post by augie »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:50 pm
Some very good news ….

Arsenal Fanatics News
Favourites · 8m ·

So how long more will he be out for then ? I thought that he was as good as gone for the season, but if he is back training on grass already it might suggest a return in a couple of months maybe ?

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

augie wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:43 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Some very good news ….

Arsenal Fanatics News
Favourites · 8m ·

So how long more will he be out for then ? I thought that he was as good as gone for the season, but if he is back training on grass already it might suggest a return in a couple of months maybe ?
Don't worry he's sure to have setback. It's the arsenal way

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

augie wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:43 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Some very good news ….

Arsenal Fanatics News
Favourites · 8m ·

Augie, I believe a possible January return has been mooted - obviously depending on how he carries on progressing and subject to any set backs, so yes a couple of months is viable.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Great News!

Thing is after such a serious injury there are always little niggles (No! I mean proper one's not TOF type little neegles) so maybe 2 - 3 months... It would be great to see him at LB for the closing part of the season! _ Be like a new Signing! Aah! Yes! Uhhhmm I mean... :oops: