VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: VAR

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:52 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:45 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:57 am
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:07 am
2 defeats only this season and there is a case for saying VAR is instrumental in both.....

True, but it also has to be said that we were woeful away in geordieland - last Saturday we were marginally the better team (both teams were poor tbh), but we cant say that in geordieland
Sorry Augie but I disagree.

Neither team were Good that day and a Draw would have been the Fair & Proper result
; even considering the FatFivebellied BeheadingCUNTS used every dark art in the book and the Ref did Nada. By rights they should have been down to 10 or 9 men had the Ref officiated the game correctly - with 2 fouls Off the ball that neither He nor the *word censored* operating VAR did anything about.

As for against the JasperCarruttCunts - Their first goal was all down to Zinchenko - Who should NEVER be in our defence Ever! And of course (again) we controlled the game but couldn't score, nor would we have had we played 390 minutes!

Buddy, you say that you have to disagree with me, but then you go on to agree with me :lol: :lol: I said from my first msg that we were done out of one point in geordieland and that we werent the better team, and you said that you disagreed but that neither team was good and a draw was fair result - you beginning to think like me now :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf:
:lol:

:shock:

:rubchin:

:suicide:

:wink: :wink: :wink:

If I do then I know we're All in BIG trouble! :D :wink: I didn't read the posts/msg's before that last post.

Anyway... as much as we sometimes play poorly other times well; which unfortunately is the way of it... the reffing and VAR have been Utterly Inept; the odd mistake or error can be forgiven, but as has been said we keep getting screwed by both refs and VAR, to the point it cannot be by chance or the law of averages as there is no 'Averaging out'.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Hate VAR anyway for taking away the joy of celebrating a goal.....always watching for VAR to get involved...does my head in

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:52 am
Hate VAR anyway for taking away the joy of celebrating a goal.....always watching for VAR to get involved...does my head in
Beyond anything else, this is the worst thing VAR has done. It has ruined the best part of the game. :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67697738

That CorruptCUNT Webb dodges the other parts of the Havertz Handball against the Villains; he fails to mention that the Ball Came of Cash's hand and that was how it came to hit Havertz arm/hand...

Webb is 100% CORRUPT... The smug, grinning cock-sucker Fuckknuckle piece of Filth.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:03 pm
Source BBC:

That CorruptCUNT Webb dodges the other parts of the Havertz Handball against the Villains; he fails to mention that the Ball Came of Cash's hand and that was how it came to hit Havertz arm/hand...

Webb is 100% CORRUPT... The smug, grinning cock-sucker Fuckknuckle piece of Filth.
And why aren't the cúnts doing this propaganda nonsense asking him to explain Cash's handball and asking for the reason the foul on Jesus in the box wasn't a penalty? Fucking pathetic.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:33 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:03 pm
Source BBC:

And why aren't the cúnts doing this propaganda nonsense asking him to explain Cash's handball and asking for the reason the foul on Jesus in the box wasn't a penalty? Fucking pathetic.
Fuckin unaccountable for their decisions.....Jarret scouse fan fucked us up ........ Liverpool go top :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:31 am
Redarmy wrote:
Beyond anything else, this is the worst thing VAR has done. It has ruined the best part of the game. :censored:
I’ve always had a soft spot for Barnet. They were on ITV last night. Although they got tonked by Newport County, Barnet scored a goal to make it 1-3 which was both offside and a blatant Maradona style handball. It didn’t matter though because there was no VAR. Bloody brilliant it was. No concern it would be disallowed. It was a goal, however dodgy it was. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:35 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:31 am
Redarmy wrote:
I’ve always had a soft spot for Barnet. They were on ITV last night. Although they got tonked by Newport County, Barnet scored a goal to make it 1-3 which was both offside and a blatant Maradona style handball. It didn’t matter though because there was no VAR. Bloody brilliant it was. No concern it would be disallowed. It was a goal, however dodgy it was. :lol:
:lol:

And I'd take that every day over this current shit! :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Anyone else seen this load of Utter BOLLOCKS!!?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/67727747

Yet again another Sanitised Interview; just like the one of Sky (ref watch I think it's called) Why wasn't he pushed and challenged on:

How is it that they are Targeting certain teams/ Clubs: Like Arsenal and Wolves?
About VAR Teams Utter Ineptitude and Inability to run a System that All the other leagues can & do?
What would the cun.t say about Growing Suspicions of Corruption
Why aren't Referee's required to explain their decisions and are not answerable to anyone
Why is The Prem the only Leading League in Europe that doesn't have Separate Reffing and VAR Teams?
Why isn't there an Independent Body available who can Investigate PGMOL & The FA and its Individual employees?

Oh! And Why Is he such an Odious Arrogant Prick (Who looks and sounds like he is up to his eyes in Corruption and Fraud.).

Another Golden Opportunity for him and the PGMOL to be called to Book. Obviously the whole thing was pre-choreographed with the questions pre-arranged and agreed so as to not go anywhere near the Truth.

C.U.N.T.S :cussing: :box:

Perryashburtongroves

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:17 pm

Yet again another Sanitised Interview; just like the one of Sky (ref watch I think it's called) Why wasn't he pushed and challenged on:

How is it that they are Targeting certain teams/ Clubs: Like Arsenal and Wolves?
About VAR Teams Utter Ineptitude and Inability to run a System that All the other leagues can & do?
Why aren't Referee's required to explain their decisions and are not answerable to anyone
Why is The Prem the only Leading League in Europe that doesn't have Separate Reffing and VAR Teams?
Why isn't there an Independent Body available who can Investigate PGMOL & The FA and its Individual employees?

Oh! And Why Is he such an Odious Arrogant Prick (Who looks and sounds like he is up to his eyes in Corruption and Fraud.).

Another Golden Opportunity for him and the PGMOL to be called to Book. Obviously the whole thing was pre-choreographed with the questions pre-arranged and agreed so as to not go anywhere near the Truth.

I totally agree with you there. More and more people are getting fed up of the same lines being trotted out each time. "Errors" "clear obvious" "mistakes" "blah fucking blah". This prick is so far out of his depth, it's becoming more and more embarrassing every week. He's getting like a North Korean proganda minister who spouts the party line and pretends to believe it all when it's clearly bollox. They are not asking the right questions. He keeps going on about "clarity" and "transparency" but then they hide behind lies and incompetence and we don't see any consequences for poor performances. If we have 40 decisions overturned or whatever this season, that tells us that the referees aren't good enough and aren't in positions to make correct decisions- if it follows, that they have to be clear and obvious errors to be overturned, then 40 times, referees have been unable to make simple, basic decisions. That isn't acceptable or good enough for highly paid professionals who we keep being told are the best available. Start asking the cûnt why the referees weren't able to make the right decision. Either they are not good enough or their training isn't good enough. VAR wouldn't be needed if the referees could actually do the simple fucking job they are paid a fortune to do. The game had to introduce VAR because they were incompetent cheating cûnts most weeks and it was becoming embarrassing.
How they can let this fucking twat sit there and get away with the same shit every time is laughable. Ask the proper questions, ask why there is no accountability, ask why some decisions are still fucking wrong after millions of pounds has been spent on technology to help them, ask why we still see basic mistakes and why supporters suspect corruption. Ask the prick whether he thinks having refs fuck off to Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia could be seen as a conflict of interest. But they don't, they let the slippery northern cûnt sit there and play the victim card time and fucking time again. Fucking disgraceful on every level.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:39 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

I totally agree with you there. More and more people are getting fed up of the same lines being trotted out each time. "Errors" "clear obvious" "mistakes" "blah fucking blah". This prick is so far out of his depth, it's becoming more and more embarrassing every week. He's getting like a North Korean proganda minister who spouts the party line and pretends to believe it all when it's clearly bollox. They are not asking the right questions. He keeps going on about "clarity" and "transparency" but then they hide behind lies and incompetence and we don't see any consequences for poor performances. If we have 40 decisions overturned or whatever this season, that tells us that the referees aren't good enough and aren't in positions to make correct decisions- if it follows, that they have to be clear and obvious errors to be overturned, then 40 times, referees have been unable to make simple, basic decisions. That isn't acceptable or good enough for highly paid professionals who we keep being told are the best available. Start asking the cûnt why the referees weren't able to make the right decision. Either they are not good enough or their training isn't good enough. VAR wouldn't be needed if the referees could actually do the simple fucking job they are paid a fortune to do. The game had to introduce VAR because they were incompetent cheating cûnts most weeks and it was becoming embarrassing.
How they can let this fucking twat sit there and get away with the same shit every time is laughable. Ask the proper questions, ask why there is no accountability, ask why some decisions are still fucking wrong after millions of pounds has been spent on technology to help them, ask why we still see basic mistakes and why supporters suspect corruption. Ask the prick whether he thinks having refs fuck off to Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia could be seen as a conflict of interest. But they don't, they let the slippery northern cûnt sit there and play the victim card time and fucking time again. Fucking disgraceful on every level.
Superb posts from both of you Perry and OneBard. Agreed with every word. 8)

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:

Disagree with that part hugely - var is sometimes needed cos the referee's view is blocked off by other players and that to me is fair enough, HOWEVER imo the biggest reason why var was brought on is because we live in a society now that demands 100% accuracy and has no tolerance for any mistakes, The problem now though is that var is a bigger problem than the match officials ever were, and that is partially down to the reasonable expectation that var should get every decision correct, but also cos it is being run by complete incompetent fcukwits

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

augie wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:28 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Disagree with that part hugely - var is sometimes needed cos the referee's view is blocked off by other players and that to me is fair enough, HOWEVER imo the biggest reason why var was brought on is because we live in a society now that demands 100% accuracy and has no tolerance for any mistakes, The problem now though is that var is a bigger problem than the match officials ever were, and that is partially down to the reasonable expectation that var should get every decision correct, but also cos it is being run by complete incompetent fcukwits
And now that Sly, TNT & Beeb have been awarded new contracts to show Prem league, no way will they want to upset the apple cart :cussing:

Perryashburtongroves

augie wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

I know what you mean about the demand for complete accuracy and I will accept that this has driven the decision about VAR usage. It is however, a two way thing; if we want to have live top quality football broadcasts then we will see issues clearly and questions will be raised about the ability of the refs to spot things. We had all had enough of the terrible offsides or woeful penalty decisions or the ball bouncing way over the line and play carrying on. People started to point the obvious out more and more. Why should we have to put up with shit decisions when there's an alternative which could and should make the game fairer? We'd had years of refs cheating to help Manure or Liverpool by pretending to not see fouls in the box or putting the flag up when an opposition player was clean through and clearly onside. We'd all had enough of the two-footed tackles being ignored from players like Scholes or Terry or donkeys like Kevin Davies throwing their elbows into the temples of defenders and nothing happening. The game needed VAR because the refs were being shown up week after week and it was starting to cost teams money far too often. Something had to change but we're still stuck with terrible refereeing standards and now an appalling interpretation of how to use video technology to improve fairness and equity. The very least the punters should expect when they go to watch a game is that the people officiating it know the laws of the game and how to administer them. Right now, they can't even do that properly most weeks.
I can see your point about positioning but a good ref would be in a position that has kept up with play and which enables him to see. Far too often over the years, we saw these unfit blobs 50 yards behind the play, wheezing and puffing and then just guessing. If we are to believe that they are the best trained and best referees in the country, then surely a fundamental part of that training and experience is knowing where to stand and where to position yourself at any given moment. I will still hold that it's an easy job at the highest level. The standard of play is so high that you don't have to deal with many of the incidents that happen at an amateur level, they have two qualified linesmen who they are in constant radio contact with and a 4th official to do all the admin work on the side of the pitch. They also have the complete security and safety of police and stewards around them and a million cameras to record everything that means they full protected from any personal danger. Really, their only job is to keep up with play, look in the right direction and hold players to account if they abuse them. For which, they are paid a fortune in comparison to the average job. It's the blokes in the park on a Sunday morning on their own, being paid 15 quid to put up with abuse and threats of violence every week that have it hard. They're the ones who suffer from the complete breakdown of the relationship between referees and supporters/amateur players. If the refs at the top of the game actually did a good job, showed some humility, weren't total fucking cowards when it came to dealing with big decisions and started to be held to account when they were shown up to be incompetent, I really do feel that things would improve and supporters would be more understanding.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:09 pm
augie wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

I know what you mean about the demand for complete accuracy and I will accept that this has driven the decision about VAR usage. It is however, a two way thing; if we want to have live top quality football broadcasts then we will see issues clearly and questions will be raised about the ability of the refs to spot things. We had all had enough of the terrible offsides or woeful penalty decisions or the ball bouncing way over the line and play carrying on. People started to point the obvious out more and more. Why should we have to put up with shit decisions when there's an alternative which could and should make the game fairer? We'd had years of refs cheating to help Manure or Liverpool by pretending to not see fouls in the box or putting the flag up when an opposition player was clean through and clearly onside. We'd all had enough of the two-footed tackles being ignored from players like Scholes or Terry or donkeys like Kevin Davies throwing their elbows into the temples of defenders and nothing happening. The game needed VAR because the refs were being shown up week after week and it was starting to cost teams money far too often. Something had to change but we're still stuck with terrible refereeing standards and now an appalling interpretation of how to use video technology to improve fairness and equity. The very least the punters should expect when they go to watch a game is that the people officiating it know the laws of the game and how to administer them. Right now, they can't even do that properly most weeks.
I can see your point about positioning but a good ref would be in a position that has kept up with play and which enables him to see. Far too often over the years, we saw these unfit blobs 50 yards behind the play, wheezing and puffing and then just guessing. If we are to believe that they are the best trained and best referees in the country, then surely a fundamental part of that training and experience is knowing where to stand and where to position yourself at any given moment. I will still hold that it's an easy job at the highest level. The standard of play is so high that you don't have to deal with many of the incidents that happen at an amateur level, they have two qualified linesmen who they are in constant radio contact with and a 4th official to do all the admin work on the side of the pitch. They also have the complete security and safety of police and stewards around them and a million cameras to record everything that means they full protected from any personal danger. Really, their only job is to keep up with play, look in the right direction and hold players to account if they abuse them. For which, they are paid a fortune in comparison to the average job. It's the blokes in the park on a Sunday morning on their own, being paid 15 quid to put up with abuse and threats of violence every week that have it hard. They're the ones who suffer from the complete breakdown of the relationship between referees and supporters/amateur players. If the refs at the top of the game actually did a good job, showed some humility, weren't total fucking cowards when it came to dealing with big decisions and started to be held to account when they were shown up to be incompetent, I really do feel that things would improve and supporters would be more understanding.
Exactamondo Perry! :high5:

btw: I LOVE a Quote Tower. :lol: