VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: VAR

Post by OneBardGooner »

As Bobby said get Keith Hackett in. He would take No Shyte and if anyone got it wrong they'd be out on their ear for Good. These wankers do whatever they feel like...and as for the cuntyNicknames they call one another... I mean FFS how old are they Twelve!!??? Within it matter of 4 seasons they have Totally FUCKED Football. :cussing:

How is it we are the only League to mix the Refs/Lino's & 4th Officials with the vAR Teams???

They MUST be separate... No wink wink matey nick names.... Be "Professional" and "Honest" for Fucks Sake. Is it too much to ask? :?

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:28 am
As Bobby said get Keith Hackett in. He would take No Shyte and if anyone got it wrong they'd be out on their ear for Good. These wankers do whatever they feel like...and as for the cuntyNicknames they call one another... I mean FFS how old are they Twelve!!??? Within it matter of 4 seasons they have Totally FUCKED Football. :cussing:

How is it we are the only League to mix the Refs/Lino's & 4th Officials with the vAR Teams???

They MUST be separate... No wink wink matey nick names.... Be "Professional" and "Honest" for Fucks Sake. Is it too much to ask? :?
I think they hate the VAR interference so much that a lot of it is deliberate and intentional to create enough furore among the fans / managers to say it doesn’t work ( it does when correctly applied) that it gets removed.

Refs have no accountability and they love it, nobody else can get so many decisions wrong in their job and never be brought to task.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If it could all be put down to just sheer incompetence and not bias or worse still corruption we’d actually be a thousand times better off.

That way on the law of averages for every clanger that would go against us we’d get another one in our favour, the old - “these things balance themselves out” horseshit you used to hear bandied about before.

The only problem with that logic is we’re now 16 games into the season, try and name me one, just fucking one example, where we completely shit housed the opposition with a decision.

Where one of our players was incredibly not sent off, where a goal we scored was dodgy as fuck but given anyway or when the opposition scored a perfectly looking good goal against us yet somehow it got chalked off.

And when you can’t name one of those things (and you won’t be able to) come back and tell me it’s just incompetence.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:27 pm
If it could all be put down to just sheer incompetence and not bias or worse still corruption we’d actually be a thousand times better off.

That way on the law of averages for every clanger that would go against us we’d get another one in our favour, the old - “these things balance themselves out” horseshit you used to hear bandied about before.

The only problem with that logic is we’re now 16 games into the season, try and name me one, just fucking one example, where we completely shit housed the opposition with a decision.

Where one of our players was incredibly not sent off, where a goal we scored was dodgy as fuck but given anyway or when the opposition scored a perfectly looking good goal against us yet somehow it got chalked off.

And when you can’t name one of those things (and you won’t be able to) come back and tell me it’s just incompetence.
The most other clubs fans can come up with is the goals in added on time v Luton ( doesn’t both team get the time added on , if Luton had scored it wouldn’t have been mentioned ( 26 seconds extra, extra time )
The manc offside goal was tight, Gabriel just stepped up and held his body weight forward enough, but it was marginally correct.

We have had 2 blatant ( possibly 3 red cards for the opposition clearly ignored by VAR / Ref

2 forearms / elbows to the head, both off the ball and the city players’s2 potential ankle breaking challenges, last season we had Tomi stamped on the head, without even a yellow being given if I remember correctly, yet Martinelli booked twice for innocuous fouls ( probably both were fouls ) and Tomiyasu booked twice for a non foul and a throw in.
Add in Luiz sent off for the attacker’s studs grazing his kneecap and it’s pretty clear their is double standards / a set agenda in our matches.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yeah! The Martinelli bookings were within 20 seconds of each other by that c.unt Michael (I take bribes from the Saudi's) Oliver ... One was when Martinelli kicked the ball away the second was a foul (a Very Soft one at that).

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

2 defeats only this season and there is a case for saying VAR is instrumental in both.....

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:07 am
2 defeats only this season and there is a case for saying VAR is instrumental in both.....

True, but it also has to be said that we were woeful away in geordieland - last Saturday we were marginally the better team (both teams were poor tbh), but we cant say that in geordieland

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:57 am
Redarmy wrote:

True, but it also has to be said that we were woeful away in geordieland - last Saturday we were marginally the better team (both teams were poor tbh), but we cant say that in geordieland
Agreed Augie....we did not do enough against Newcastle, but they got away with murder even eddie howe said there plan was to create chaos..and our composure in front of goal cost us at villa....but that said goals change games

how might it have turned out if our disallowed goal at villa was allowed?

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

augie wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

What’s the relevance of this mate?

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:17 pm
augie wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Var cost us one point in geordieland - we wouldnt have won that game if we were there still, so yes they did screw us but they didnt screw us out of the win. My other point is that there is a narrative here lately that we are all guilty of, and that is blaming match officials and var for everything, but sometimes we need to take a step back and acknowledge that in a lot of games this season we havent played well, so we arent really doing all we can do to win either

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Anyone able to name me one favorable decision we got this season? Just one.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:09 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:17 pm
augie wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Var cost us one point in geordieland - we wouldnt have won that game if we were there still, so yes they did screw us but they didnt screw us out of the win. My other point is that there is a narrative here lately that we are all guilty of, and that is blaming match officials and var for everything, but sometimes we need to take a step back and acknowledge that in a lot of games this season we havent played well, so we arent really doing all we can do to win either
Nope that's horseshit. Have you read the match threads? The players and the manager get called out continuously. Every game. And rightly so.

The VAR cheating is a completey different issue.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Sorry Augie but I disagree.

Neither team were Good that day and a Draw would have been the Fair & Proper result; even considering the FatFivebellied BeheadingCUNTS used every dark art in the book and the Ref did Nada. By rights they should have been down to 10 or 9 men had the Ref officiated the game correctly - with 2 fouls Off the ball that neither He nor the *word censored* operating VAR did anything about.

As for against the JasperCarruttCunts - Their first goal was all down to Zinchenko - Who should NEVER be in our defence Ever! And of course (again) we controlled the game but couldn't score, nor would we have had we played 390 minutes!

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:45 pm
augie wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Sorry Augie but I disagree.

Neither team were Good that day and a Draw would have been the Fair & Proper result
; even considering the FatFivebellied BeheadingCUNTS used every dark art in the book and the Ref did Nada. By rights they should have been down to 10 or 9 men had the Ref officiated the game correctly - with 2 fouls Off the ball that neither He nor the *word censored* operating VAR did anything about.

As for against the JasperCarruttCunts - Their first goal was all down to Zinchenko - Who should NEVER be in our defence Ever! And of course (again) we controlled the game but couldn't score, nor would we have had we played 390 minutes!

Buddy, you say that you have to disagree with me, but then you go on to agree with me :lol: :lol: I said from my first msg that we were done out of one point in geordieland and that we werent the better team, and you said that you disagreed but that neither team was good and a draw was fair result - you beginning to think like me now :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If Bruno was sent of as he should have been and they went down to 10 for 60+ minutes we could have easily won that game, the cheating wasn't just confined to the shit show that was their "goal".