Streaming Advice

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Streaming Advice

Post by rodders999 »

Cheers Clummo, hope to see you back posting more regularly on here amigo.

I shelled out for Express VPN last year, didn’t mind paying the years subscription for the safety of been hidden but the fact I have to turn it off 9 times out of 10 to get the channel to load (fuck knows why it does work the very odd time) means I’m not going to renew when the subscription is up in February, bit pointless really.

Everything else streams perfectly with VPN turned on just not my IPTV. Will just have to see how long I can get out of it before the FBI come in through my wall 8)

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:56 pm

I shelled out for Express VPN last year, didn’t mind paying the years subscription for the safety of been hidden but the fact I have to turn it off 9 times out of 10 to get the channel to load (fuck knows why it does work the very odd time) means I’m not going to renew when the subscription is up in February, bit pointless really.

Everything else streams perfectly with VPN turned on just not my IPTV. Will just have to see how long I can get out of it before the FBI come in through my wall 8)
Try connecting to a server close to home, even in Ireland if they have one.

Also download a speed test app and run a test with the vpn on and one with it off.

Don't know what speeds your ISP is giving you but remember everything that connects to your Internet at home is using bandwidth. So if you're watching footy, the Mrs is watching Netflix and the kids are gaming or watching YouTube that's all taking up bandwidth and you only have a specific amount available.

Also unplugging your router for a couple of minutes before kick off flushes the dns cache. You'll be surprised how often that solves any issues.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:11 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Also download a speed test app and run a test with the vpn on and one with it off.

Don't know what speeds your ISP is giving you but remember everything that connects to your Internet at home is using bandwidth. So if you're watching footy, the Mrs is watching Netflix and the kids are gaming or watching YouTube that's all taking up bandwidth and you only have a specific amount available.

Also unplugging your router for a couple of minutes before kick off flushes the dns cache. You'll be surprised how often that solves any issues.
Rodders normally flushes his cache pre match ……

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:19 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:11 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Rodders normally flushes his cache pre match ……
And then empties his SAC when we score.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah One Bard there’s a lot going on round mine throughout the 90 minutes, some good, some absolutely horrific 8)

Cheers Clummo, I’ll have a mess around with the settings and connect to different countries and see what the outcome is. Turn it off and turn it back on again, rule 101. If I can get it working with the VPN on I’m laughing!

Speeds shouldn’t be an issue, averaging around 6-700MB.

DB’s mates in the fraud squad are most likely every bit as incompetent at cracking down on illegal streaming as he is at modding so fuck all to fear hopefully

:wink:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

The main point I'm making is you may be getting 6-700 from your ISP but your connecting to a vpn server that is throttled at just 10 or 20. Worth spending a bit of time doing speedchecks on various locations.

Good luck mate.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:46 pm
Yeah One Bard there’s a lot going on round mine throughout the 90 minutes, some good, some absolutely horrific 8)

Cheers Clummo, I’ll have a mess around with the settings and connect to different countries and see what the outcome is. Turn it off and turn it back on again, rule 101. If I can get it working with the VPN on I’m laughing!

Speeds shouldn’t be an issue, averaging around 6-700MB.

DB’s mates in the fraud squad are most likely every bit as incompetent at cracking down on illegal streaming as he is at modding so fuck all to fear hopefully

:wink:
:lol: :lol:

If I was just the fraud squad we'd all be fine rodders. They are mongs. :lol:

But this is Big Government and they have lawyers, IT Consultants (proper ones, not Internet bullshitters), policy makers, Dept of Justice people, etc all involved.

The problem here is also that Oireland prides itself on being at the forefront on IT tech development in Europe and we have the most aggressive data protection commissioners in the world, so they have the impetus, the people, the skills to basically make it a crime to access these sites without paying for a licence, which of course is what it is all about, an extra tax. They will use data protection laws, the GDPR, and copyright law to stop us accessing the streaming sites that show football and movies in particular.

Enjoy it while we can, but I guarantee that one year from now, two years tops, we will not have the free and cheaper access we have now. Absolutely not.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ok we better milk dat mudder for all she’s worth and for as long as we can so :cry:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Internet bullshitters. :lol: :lol:

You know nothing about me. You don't know what I do for a living etc cos I don't keep dropping it into posts unlike you and your supercilious attitude.

You really are a know all cùnt aren't you. :oops:

The authorities worldwide have been trying to stop all this since it began with the advent of the Internet in the 90's (which is how long I've been doing this shìt myself btw) and they haven't come close in 30 years of trying. They're just chasing their tail.

There are places on the dark web where people work together. You think it all happens on WhatsApp where the authorities can listen in? :lol:

Ban me, do whatever mate. You'll be doing me a favour actually. It will just stop me trying to help the decent people on here like Rodders, Perry and Bard.

Have a good evening. I won't be back on tonight cos I've "flounced off" again. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:25 pm
Internet bullshitters. :lol: :lol:

You know nothing about me. You don't know what I do for a living etc cos I don't keep dropping it into posts unlike you and your supercilious attitude.

You really are a know all cùnt aren't you. :oops:

The authorities worldwide have been trying to stop all this since it began with the advent of the Internet in the 90's (which is how long I've been doing this shìt myself btw) and they haven't come close in 30 years of trying. They're just chasing their tail.

There are places on the dark web where people work together. You think it all happens on WhatsApp where the authorities can listen in? :lol:

Ban me, do whatever mate. You'll be doing me a favour actually. It will just stop me trying to help the decent people on here like Rodders, Perry and Bard.

Have a good evening. I won't be back on tonight cos I've "flounced off" again. :barscarf:
:oops:

I'm thinking I'm not the one that's the "know all". :lol:

I'm warning people in Ireland about what will be happening here in the next year or so. Guaranteed. Nothing to do with any dark net horseshit, just the facts that the government here will be going after streaming site access.

Nothing to do with you. How you think you know what's happening in another country is just bullshit.

You strike me as the type that hates to be proven wrong. A small minded self important little nerd that can joke at others expense but gets offended when they joke about you.

As for bannjng you? Any more personal insults or abuse and I will ban you. Fucked if I'm gonna take that from the likes of you. That's your one warning. Otherwise carry on as you were.

Also if you are gonna storm off in a huff again, man up and just go, don't hide behind some bullshit like you're just "trying to help the decent people on here". :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:25 pm
Ok we better milk dat mudder for all she’s worth and for as long as we can so :cry:
Milk the living shit out of it. :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Will the ban hammer come at 1.09pm or 2.09pm tomorrow? :lol:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Match tomorrow night is on Amazon prime - will Drogon show it too ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:19 pm
Match tomorrow night is on Amazon prime - will Drogon show it too ?
It is listed on Drogon..but worth keeping an eye on... I'll let you know if there's more info mate.

ALSO:

BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67551131

TEAM NEWS

Luton defenders Tom Lockyer and Teden Mengi both face fitness tests after being forced off at Brentford with respective back and knee problems.

Alfie Doughty may return from a hip injury but Albert Sambi Lokonga is ineligible against his parent club.

Arsenal will monitor Takehiro Tomiyasu, who was withdrawn as a precaution against Wolves because of a muscle issue.

Thomas Partey, Emile Smith Rowe, Fabio Vieira and Jurrien Timber remain out.

Arsenal

The Gunners have won three league away games 1-0 this season, matching their combined total from the previous three seasons.
They have kept four Premier League clean sheets on the road this term, the highest figure in the top flight, and conceded just three away goals, fewer than any other side.

Arsenal have won their last seven Premier League matches in December.

Mikel Arteta's side have won their past five games in all competitions and have the chance to record four successive Premier League victories for the first time since a run of seven victories ended in April.

Bukayo Saka is set to make his 200th appearance for Arsenal in all competitions. Aged 22 years and 91 days, he would become the second youngest English player to reach the milestone for the Gunners, bettered only by Cliff Bastin in 1934.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Been reading lately that this new TV deal that's been agreed will mean more focus on the illegal streamers and their sevices but the reality is it's becoming a bit like the 80s "War on Drugs" where there's lots of noise about dealing with it but an acceptance that it's very hard to even put a dent in. Apparently, it's all to do with the fact that some territories still have no laws in place at all to deal with anything related to media rights through the internet and so of course, can't do anything about it. All you need to do is set yourself up there and off you go. I also read a piece a few years back with a group who supply a lot of free sport via streaming and they made the point that the more that tv companies charge for sports, the more determined people are to ensure that people can get it for free. There's still a load of Internet people out there who don't believe in making money out of live sport and don't agree that it should have a copyright attached to it. If you can't copyright a news event, you shouldn't be allowed to copyright and limit the broadcasting of sporting events as they should fall under the category of public interest and news and people have a right to view it for free. If I knew anything about the Internet or media law, I'd probably be on their side.