Brentford bulbeyes A Fri 13th Aug KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Brentford bulbeyes A Fri 13th Aug KO 8pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:47 am
I'm dreading this entire season. A non existent transfer window and a clueless prick like Arteta leading us to mid-table mediocrity. The over hyping of our shit squad by some of our delusional fan base is also doing my head in, how much evidence do people need that we are by and large just shit. As for this one, it will be a long 90 minutes as will most of the season. Wake me up at Christmas when Arteta has been given the boot.
Ain't that the truth.

Kieran Tierney, Saka, and ESR are the only ones I think any other top club eyes up.....and possibly Martinelli in the future. When all is said and done about Leno, Bellerin, Gabriel, White, Xhaka (the Swiss supremo), any of the other kids, Laca and Auba.......how many top clubs do you see sniffing around any of them? The odd rumour about Bellerin and that's about it

Think back to when we had PV4, TH14, Cashley Hole, the famous backline, Pires etc. There wouldn't be a window that passed without several of our top players being eyed up by Chavski, Man Ure, Citeh or the Barcawhores. Now we can't fucking offload anyone to Leicester !

Says everything about where we are today as a club. A bloated squad like mid 90s-mid 00s Liverpool - a massive wage bill with loads of no mark *word censored* stealing a living from a once proud club

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:15 pm
BFG4 wrote:
I'm dreading this entire season. A non existent transfer window and a clueless prick like Arteta leading us to mid-table mediocrity. The over hyping of our shit squad by some of our delusional fan base is also doing my head in, how much evidence do people need that we are by and large just shit. As for this one, it will be a long 90 minutes as will most of the season. Wake me up at Christmas when Arteta has been given the boot.
Ain't that the truth.

Kieran Tierney, Saka, and ESR are the only ones I think any other top club eyes up.....and possibly Martinelli in the future. When all is said and done about Leno, Bellerin, Gabriel, White, Xhaka (the Swiss supremo), any of the other kids, Laca and Auba.......how many top clubs do you see sniffing around any of them? The odd rumour about Bellerin and that's about it

Think back to when we had PV4, TH14, Cashley Hole, the famous backline, Pires etc. There wouldn't be a window that passed without several of our top players being eyed up by Chavski, Man Ure, Citeh or the Barcawhores. Now we can't fucking offload anyone to Leicester !

Says everything about where we are today as a club. A bloated squad like mid 90s-mid 00s Liverpool - a massive wage bill with loads of no mark *word censored* stealing a living from a once proud club
Which is still the hangover of Wenger , shit players on bloated wages nigh on impossible to shift. Until we move them on we are gonna struggle to create space for better players especially post covid. I honestly haven't got a clue how we move them on.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:17 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
Ain't that the truth.

Which is still the hangover of Wenger , shit players on bloated wages nigh on impossible to shift. Until we move them on we are gonna struggle to create space for better players especially post covid. I honestly haven't got a clue how we move them on.
Shit like kolasinac and the rest (theres loads of them) ...just terminate their contract..or give them a free...just get rid
I would do the same with Xaha take any offer...get rid....we can never move on till we shift the shit

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

gooner265 wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:17 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
Ain't that the truth.

Agree mate - the supposed Great Economist who spunked 35m on Mustafi who can't even find a club now! Kolasinac, Xhaka, Ozil......honestly, the list is endless. Hasn't helped that Edu & Arteta have loaded us up with another prize c.unt in Willian who nobody will take off our hands now

If you go on most social sites you'll see our overseas superfans still knocking one out over Wenger and how he achieved top four consistently with no money to spend. When you list Mustafi, Xhaka, Ozil, Lacazette and Aubameyang as five players costing over 200m they seem to suffer memory loss. Chuck in Alexis for 30m+, Chambers for 16m, Perez for 17m etc and the memory loss extends even further.

I said when he left that his last decade had done more damage than the good of the first 12 years and I stand by that, as his legacy is still a massive factor in where we are today and sinking fast. He had a MASSIVE financial advantage over Spurs, Leicester and Liverpool in his latter years and blew it completely. The Spurs side that finished above him at the end of his reign had a wage bill of less than half of ours. Fucking shameful c.unt

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Agree with that 1,000%.

The spectre of wenger will haunt us for many years to come - even to the point where we get relegated...all because of his Greed, Arrogance and megalomaniac like insistence on being in charge of Everything...He stole a living in his last 10 years and now we continue to pay the price; and then some. :banghead:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Okay, who agreed to start our most important season in 25 years on Friday 13th? :banghead: :banghead: :?: :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:45 pm
Okay, who agreed to start our most important season in 25 years on Friday 13th? :banghead: :banghead: :?: :banghead:
how do you work that out ?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:37 pm
Agree with that 1,000%.

The spectre of wenger will haunt us for many years to come - even to the point where we get relegated...all because of his Greed, Arrogance and megalomaniac like insistence on being in charge of Everything...He stole a living in his last 10 years and now we continue to pay the price; and then some. :banghead:
You can't keep blaming Wenger now.
The continued problems are still there - Stan Kroenke and son.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:09 am
Nos89 wrote:
We are out of European competition for the first time in 25 years. We absolutely must finish or qualify for CL or Europa League football next season. We simply cannot go two seasons without European football. Either win a domestic trophy to qualify like 2020, or finish in top 4. Failure to achieve this will mean we will fall into Leeds / Newcastle territory for next 6-8 season's

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Her name is Hazel The HedgeWitch - and what she says Goes.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:39 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
We are out of European competition for the first time in 25 years. We absolutely must finish or qualify for CL or Europa League football next season. We simply cannot go two seasons without European football. Either win a domestic trophy to qualify like 2020, or finish in top 4. Failure to achieve this will mean we will fall into Leeds / Newcastle territory for next 6-8 season's
Exactly right - sadly I think its too late anyway. This important season was only ever going to improve with a new manager and about six new players. Stuck with El Brent and three signings. I'm afraid we are about to become the Everton of London

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:10 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Exactly right - sadly I think its too late anyway. This important season was only ever going to improve with a new manager and about six new players. Stuck with El Brent and three signings. I'm afraid we are about to become the Everton of London
Imagine how different our history would have been if after losing the CWC final in '95, and finishing 12th, no european competition we did not sign Bergkamp and Platt in that summer window?

Back them European football wasn't as big as a priority it is now for players. However, times move on. But we need a Bergkampesque and Platt signing now, just to get us back in CL and then take it from there. Preferably with Conte in charge.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Looking for a latterday Platt , a player not highly skilled but with an ability to read the game and anticipate chances , that turns up at the right time coming late into the box and scores goals .
Now let me see .
Oh yes we've just sold one that has the possibility of doing just that.

As for getting a Bergkamp player , he doesn't exist.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

We should probably stroll this, but won't. 1-1 with us scoring early, missing a load of easy chances and them equalising in stoppage time from a corner which no other team in the world would concede.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:05 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:10 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Imagine how different our history would have been if after losing the CWC final in '95, and finishing 12th, no european competition we did not sign Bergkamp and Platt in that summer window?

Back them European football wasn't as big as a priority it is now for players. However, times move on. But we need a Bergkampesque and Platt signing now, just to get us back in CL and then take it from there. Preferably with Conte in charge.
Arteta obviously thinks Ben White is the man to lead us back to the glory days!

Conte would whip this bunch into shape but don't think Wiggy would have a manager like him