Welcome to The Arsenal, Ben White

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Welcome to The Arsenal, Ben White

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:33 am
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:49 am
Fucking massive hatchet job from that big nosed cunt Southgate which has been turned into a back page media witch hunt.
yes...hes done White no favours...every fuckin moron will be abusing him now

why did he not just say anything...hes thrown white under a bus

Tbf why should he ? He (southgate) is getting paid by the english fa not AFC so surely his priority is to them ? If there are other players out there now (or in the future) that are considering doing what white is doing, he and the fa will want them to see white get a load of abuse so that it makes them think twice before saying no, and that makes sense to me.
Lets be clear here and acknowledge that every player is entitled to do as they want when it comes to international football, and lets also admit that while it might be good news for AFC, lets take off our Arsenal blinkers and admit that it isnt a good look for the player himself. If he received the abuse and taunting that TA6 got back in the day, or that saka did when he missed the penalty then I would say fair enough to the player for walking away, but this guy simply wont go cos he isnt first 11 and that is poor imo

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Ben White is bang on the money here. What is the point in wasting time away from family to just make up the numbers. Southgate will pick the same underperformers regardless of form. He’s called it out. There are a few lemons on here backing Southgate. Delusional really. I would expect nothing less from them.

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:12 am
Ben White is bang on the money here. What is the point in wasting time away from family to just make up the numbers. Southgate will pick the same underperformers regardless of form. He’s called it out. There are a few lemons on here backing Southgate. Delusional really. I would expect nothing less from them.

Surely you aint including me in that statement - I dont give a flying fcuk about southgate, and I sure as shit dont care about the england national team either

I would say to you though that maybe you could take off your AFC blinkers for a few mins and look at this objectively - is white the best english right back available ? In my opinion he is behind walker and trippier (albeit that trippier is badly off form at the mo), and personally I still dont believe white is all that to begin with. This isnt a guy that has played at the top level for a number of years that is entitled to feel undervalued - if he is as good as he thinks he is, then he should be prepared to bide his time to come in and replace walker and trippier cos both are wrong side of 30. Everything about white screams entitlement - he doesnt believe in watching other matches or opponents and thinks that he should breeze into that england team without having the necessary commitment and focus to be a top level player imo. I still absolutely believe that a proper top manager would buy a quality left full this summer, and then next season Timber would be right back and white wouldnt even be in our first 11, but the cone boy bought him and loves him so I expect him to squeeze him into the team somewhere

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Some people on here hate Arsenal and hate England. Meanwhile my local pub side would give Ireland a game.

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:41 pm
Some people on here hate Arsenal and hate England. Meanwhile my local pub side would give Ireland a game.

Why you making this an anti england thing ? I said nothing negative about them. Over here in Ireland we are fully aware how shit our national team is at the mo. A lot of people on here hate "in the know" bu!!shit too, but that hasnt stopped you in the past :roll:

If you want to try and twist what I said, then knock yourself out

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The reason Ben White is right is because he is. What has not appeared in the press is the detail behind the argument with Holland. At the previous World Cup White had no chance of playing. When he joined up Holland and Southgate spent no time with him. It is standard for a player’s club data to be looked at between player and coaching staff. In other words, why they have been picked and what it is England have been monitoring within their performances. White’s data was not requested from Arsenal. All of the pre game analysis for White was not completed. He had no 1 to 1 chat. The rest of the squad did. White told Holland that unless England is serious and wants to do things properly then why should he believe that they want him to play. They don’t. He had zero chance of playing at the World Cup. When White called Holland out for the lack of data analysis of him as a player, Holland caused a row in front of the squad and claimed he hadn’t studied the opposition. In other words he hadn’t done his homework assignment. White was given no assignment. It was a hatchet job. Now White has made himself unavailable, Holland and Southgate have continued the hatchet job in the press. This has led to numpties on here believing what Holland and Southgate are saying over our own player. By all means read the red tops and the rest of the gutter press but if you don’t like your gullibility being called out then that’s on you.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Is that the pub side where you live or the "village" pub side? :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:19 am
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:33 am
Fucking massive hatchet job from that big nosed cunt Southgate which has been turned into a back page media witch hunt.
yes...hes done White no favours...every fuckin moron will be abusing him now

why did he not just say anything...hes thrown white under a bus

Tbf why should he ? He (southgate) is getting paid by the english fa not AFC so surely his priority is to them ? If there are other players out there now (or in the future) that are considering doing what white is doing, he and the fa will want them to see white get a load of abuse so that it makes them think twice before saying no, and that makes sense to me.
Lets be clear here and acknowledge that every player is entitled to do as they want when it comes to international football, and lets also admit that while it might be good news for AFC, lets take off our Arsenal blinkers and admit that it isnt a good look for the player himself. If he received the abuse and taunting that TA6 got back in the day, or that saka did when he missed the penalty then I would say fair enough to the player for walking away, but this guy simply wont go cos he isnt first 11 and that is poor imo
ok we differ i get that..in my opinon should have been more diplomatic in his comments....

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:31 pm
The reason Ben White is right is because he is. What has not appeared in the press is the detail behind the argument with Holland. At the previous World Cup White had no chance of playing. When he joined up Holland and Southgate spent no time with him. It is standard for a player’s club data to be looked at between player and coaching staff. In other words, why they have been picked and what it is England have been monitoring within their performances. White’s data was not requested from Arsenal. All of the pre game analysis for White was not completed. He had no 1 to 1 chat. The rest of the squad did. White told Holland that unless England is serious and wants to do things properly then why should he believe that they want him to play. They don’t. He had zero chance of playing at the World Cup. When White called Holland out for the lack of data analysis of him as a player, Holland caused a row in front of the squad and claimed he hadn’t studied the opposition. In other words he hadn’t done his homework assignment. White was given no assignment. It was a hatchet job. Now White has made himself unavailable, Holland and Southgate have continued the hatchet job in the press. This has led to numpties on here believing what Holland and Southgate are saying over our own player. By all means read the red tops and the rest of the gutter press but if you don’t like your gullibility being called out then that’s on you.

You call me gullible and yet I have never bought into or commentated on your in the know bollox that you peddle on here ? Even my gullibility has limits I suppose :roll:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:32 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Is that the pub side where you live or the "village" pub side? :lol:
You can add Trossard, Odegaard, Rice, Saka and Nelson to this local side as they would all qualify.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

augie wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:00 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:31 pm

You call me gullible and yet I have never bought into or commentated on your in the know bollox that you peddle on here ? Even my gullibility has limits I suppose :roll:
I’m telling you what has gone down with White. I don’t give a monkeys whether you accept it. Keep reading The Sun and The Mirror for the hot take on why White is wrong and Southgate is right.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:12 am
It should have all been dealt with in a private and professional manner. White has said nothing about England in the press and yet the ugly, big-nosed nobody cúnt has made it public to make him look like he's been let down and to stop any criticism coming his way. A simple phone call along the lines of "Are you making yourself available for England internationals?" "No. Because you're a cúnt and a shit manager." That's how it should have gone. That ugly waistcoat prick could have just said that White hasn't made himself available for selection and that's it. Instead, he makes a fucking deal out of it after years of allowing the victims, manure and cheaty to pull players out of squads. Fuck the FA as always.
Last edited by Perryashburtongroves on Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:54 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:19 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:06 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:37 pm

I understand that the obscene wages in club football has totally changed the dynamics in a footballers career these days, and I know I can be labelled old fashioned saying this, but imo players should still see playing for their country as a massive honour regardless of how good or shit their national team is - imo clubs are buying your time as long as you are playing for them but if they decide they want to get rid of you then you are gone and no longer one of theirs, but you are always (in whites case) an englishman and should respect that. I remember the bad vibes over here towards roy keane long before saipan cos ferguscum kept pulling him out of international squads (like he did with giggs). If white had put in a few years in englands squad without ever progressing to the first 11 (like spit the scouser did) then I could understand him walking away to concentrate on his club career, but white is a different story and is only interested in himself, his sunbad and his tats and it isnt a good look imo
He just needs to find an Irish grandparent just like all your best players in the 90s did :D

And like I keep reminding you, none of terry butcher, tony dorigo, john barnes or owen hargreaves (and there are others) were born in england and yet wore your shirt for years 8)
Also make no mistake, our best players in that "golden era" were brady, mcgrath, bonner and whelan and were all 100% Irish :barscarf:
Are you having a laugh? Butcher was born in Singapore because his Dad was in the Royal Navy.

The Irish specifically went out to look for tenuous links to Ireland. Cascarino had no actual link but he was welcomed onboard. His adoptive Grandfather was Irish and that was enough. :lol:
Get your history right you mug cùnt. :lol: :wink:

His granny was Italian but she had a pet Oirish Wolf hound and he qualified through that. :barscarf: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:

I understand that the obscene wages in club football has totally changed the dynamics in a footballers career these days, and I know I can be labelled old fashioned saying this, but imo players should still see playing for their country as a massive honour regardless of how good or shit their national team is - imo clubs are buying your time as long as you are playing for them but if they decide they want to get rid of you then you are gone and no longer one of theirs, but you are always (in whites case) an englishman and should respect that. I remember the bad vibes over here towards roy keane long before saipan cos ferguscum kept pulling him out of international squads (like he did with giggs). If white had put in a few years in englands squad without ever progressing to the first 11 (like spit the scouser did) then I could understand him walking away to concentrate on his club career, but white is a different story and is only interested in himself, his sunbad and his tats and it isnt a good look imo
He just needs to find an Irish grandparent just like all your best players in the 90s did :D
And the fucking Eighties! Don't forget the fucking Eighties! :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:44 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:54 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:19 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:

And like I keep reminding you, none of terry butcher, tony dorigo, john barnes or owen hargreaves (and there are others) were born in england and yet wore your shirt for years 8)
Also make no mistake, our best players in that "golden era" were brady, mcgrath, bonner and whelan and were all 100% Irish :barscarf:
Are you having a laugh? Butcher was born in Singapore because his Dad was in the Royal Navy.

The Irish specifically went out to look for tenuous links to Ireland. Cascarino had no actual link but he was welcomed onboard. His adoptive Grandfather was Irish and that was enough. :lol:
Get your history right you mug cùnt. :lol: :wink:

His granny was Italian but she had a pet Oirish Wolf hound and he qualified through that. :barscarf: :lol:
Is this supposed to be funny? Or is a Mod calling a poster the c word? A quick mail to the owner of The Gooner may be in order. Let me know which it is.