Welcome to The Arsenal, Ben White

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Welcome to The Arsenal, Ben White

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ben White was on the receiving end of a verbal dressing-down from England’s assistant manager Steve Holland during the World Cup in Qatar.

Holland referenced an old White interview where the defender mentioned he has no interest in football unless he's playing.

Holland and White had an angry exchange in front of the entire team which likely lead to the player leaving the camp early and not being recalled to the England squad since.

[@TheAthletic]

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:00 pm
Ben White was on the receiving end of a verbal dressing-down from England’s assistant manager Steve Holland during the World Cup in Qatar.

Holland referenced an old White interview where the defender mentioned he has no interest in football unless he's playing.

Holland and White had an angry exchange in front of the entire team which likely lead to the player leaving the camp early and not being recalled to the England squad since.

[@TheAthletic]
Englands loss, particularly given his understanding with Saka and his ability to get up for the overlap, albeit often used to take a defender away from Saka.
Less matches for him, less chance of injury

Win / Win for AFC :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:32 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

[@TheAthletic]
Englands loss, particularly given his understanding with Saka and his ability to get up for the overlap, albeit often used to take a defender away from Saka.

White told Holland that the squad has too many Southgate favourites and he won’t be part of the squad until that changes. Edu rang Southgate to tell him not to bother with White unless he is going to be played in games. Arsenal announced his contract as a fuck off to Southgate/Holland.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Fucking massive hatchet job from that big nosed cunt Southgate which has been turned into a back page media witch hunt.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:49 am
Fucking massive hatchet job from that big nosed cunt Southgate which has been turned into a back page media witch hunt.
The cùnt should go back to doing Ali G, it was far funnier than this "Mike Bassett England Manager" rip off he's doing at the moment. :lol: :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I've got my money on Gareth "Red Rum" Southgate in the Gold Cup today. I'm sure he'll win by a nose.

augie

Post by augie »

I understand that the obscene wages in club football has totally changed the dynamics in a footballers career these days, and I know I can be labelled old fashioned saying this, but imo players should still see playing for their country as a massive honour regardless of how good or shit their national team is - imo clubs are buying your time as long as you are playing for them but if they decide they want to get rid of you then you are gone and no longer one of theirs, but you are always (in whites case) an englishman and should respect that. I remember the bad vibes over here towards roy keane long before saipan cos ferguscum kept pulling him out of international squads (like he did with giggs). If white had put in a few years in englands squad without ever progressing to the first 11 (like spit the scouser did) then I could understand him walking away to concentrate on his club career, but white is a different story and is only interested in himself, his sunbad and his tats and it isnt a good look imo

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:32 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

[@TheAthletic]

:high5:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:37 pm

I understand that the obscene wages in club football has totally changed the dynamics in a footballers career these days, and I know I can be labelled old fashioned saying this, but imo players should still see playing for their country as a massive honour regardless of how good or shit their national team is - imo clubs are buying your time as long as you are playing for them but if they decide they want to get rid of you then you are gone and no longer one of theirs, but you are always (in whites case) an englishman and should respect that. I remember the bad vibes over here towards roy keane long before saipan cos ferguscum kept pulling him out of international squads (like he did with giggs). If white had put in a few years in englands squad without ever progressing to the first 11 (like spit the scouser did) then I could understand him walking away to concentrate on his club career, but white is a different story and is only interested in himself, his sunbad and his tats and it isnt a good look imo
He just needs to find an Irish grandparent just like all your best players in the 90s did :D

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:06 pm
augie wrote:

He just needs to find an Irish grandparent just like all your best players in the 90s did :D

And like I keep reminding you, none of terry butcher, tony dorigo, john barnes or owen hargreaves (and there are others) were born in england and yet wore your shirt for years 8)
Also make no mistake, our best players in that "golden era" were brady, mcgrath, bonner and whelan and were all 100% Irish :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Well done Ben White. Club before country every time.

I stopped watching Internationals probably 10 years ago, I can't remember exactly but I fucking hate them. I think more of our players should refrain from playing for their country. >>>>> Les chance of injury <<<<<<< Gabriel Jesus for example.

This is simply my opinion, others may have different views which is fine.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

augie wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:19 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:

And like I keep reminding you, none of terry butcher, tony dorigo, john barnes or owen hargreaves (and there are others) were born in england and yet wore your shirt for years 8)
Also make no mistake, our best players in that "golden era" were brady, mcgrath, bonner and whelan and were all 100% Irish :barscarf:
Are you having a laugh? Butcher was born in Singapore because his Dad was in the Royal Navy.

The Irish specifically went out to look for tenuous links to Ireland. Cascarino had no actual link but he was welcomed onboard. His adoptive Grandfather was Irish and that was enough. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:54 pm
augie wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:19 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:

Are you having a laugh? Butcher was born in Singapore because his Dad was in the Royal Navy.

The Irish specifically went out to look for tenuous links to Ireland. Cascarino had no actual link but he was welcomed onboard. His adoptive Grandfather was Irish and that was enough. :lol:

Dont knock the ice cream man - did a great job for us :lol: :lol: :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

yes...hes done White no favours...every fuckin moron will be abusing him now

why did he not just say anything...hes thrown white under a bus

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Whites right about boring Southgate, he's just like every other England manager I remember....... Always picks the same players in the big games, even if they were literally never playing for their clubs......Maguire, Henderson etc.

Southgate is a massive nose...... Sorry, prick! This story was all about fucking up Arsenal. Be prepared for more anti-, Arsenal media as the big games get closer for us. :evil: