Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Aaron Ramsdale...worrying

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:47 pm
BBC: David Seaman On Ramsdale:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67485327
Fucking Seamo bleating on about Ramsdale's "Ingerland prospects" as usual. :roll:

I don't give a flying fuck about any player's interlull prospects. Their fucking priority should be to do the job for the people that pay their huge wages - the club ffs. :x :twisted:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:47 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:47 pm
BBC: David Seaman On Ramsdale:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67485327
Fucking Seamo bleating on about Ramsdale's "Ingerland prospects" as usual. :roll:

I don't give a flying fuck about any player's interlull prospects. Their fucking priority should be to do the job for the people that pay their huge wages - the club ffs. :x :twisted:
Quite, it’s not like Southgate has made him number 1 for England anyway

How were his England prospects at Sheffield United ?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Understand Arsenal have decided to seal David Raya deal in 2024 — it’s all guaranteed as buy option clause will be triggered for £27m.

Raya already signed potential long-term contract as #AFC player for June 2024 — all done. 🔴⚪️

Brentford accepted this structure due to FFP.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:11 pm
🚨 Understand Arsenal have decided to seal David Raya deal in 2024 — it’s all guaranteed as buy option clause will be triggered for £27m.

Raya already signed potential long-term contract as #AFC player for June 2024 — all done. 🔴⚪️

I mis read that as sell...ah nuts

Midz

Post by Midz »

xgtdec wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:13 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

:D :D

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Done and dusted then , transfer request coming up. Rightly so.
Arsenal's loss someone else's gain.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xgtdec wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:13 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

:lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thing is $hitty and the ScouseFilth have the 2 best Keepers in Ederson and Alisson and for me All the other keepers in the Prem; including Rambo & The Pug are Levels below them. So if we wanted to get a keeper anywhere near their level it would mean spending Big Bucks on a player from outside the UK and even then a Top Class goalie is hard to come by.

And so for me going on Rambo's performances (last season) and Pug's (so far) this season... Rambo is the Better of the two.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

The good thing is, with Onana making big boo boos every week at Old Shatford, Moan Utd are gonna be desperate for a new keeper in Jan/Summer and with the new part owner wanting to do a 'Boehly' and spend money, we should be looking at rinsing them for 50m for Ramsdale!!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:47 pm
The good thing is, with Onana making big boo boos every week at Old Shatford, Moan Utd are gonna be desperate for a new keeper in Jan/Summer and with the new part owner wanting to do a 'Boehly' and spend money, we should be looking at rinsing them for 50m for Ramsdale!!
:lol: :lol:

Trouble is, we'll loan him to them, while paying half his wages, then let his contract run down and he'll go there on a free. Well, that's what will happen if Wenger is coaching Lego Head the way I suspect he is.

Arsene's way.

augie

Post by augie »

I stand by my feeling that Ramsdale isnt good enough to be AFC Number 1 keeper, BUT if he isnt reinstated into the team for the next game and raya dropped, then he should beat the head off el basque and refuse to play for the club again as long as el basque is in charge - tonight should be the straw that breaks the camels back imo, but I fear nothing will change

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

FFS if Raya isn't dropped after tonight then we are fucked.

What sort of message will that send out to the rest of the team

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:51 pm

Rambo without lifting a finger has demonstrated he IS The Better Keeper.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:24 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:51 pm

Rambo without lifting a finger has demonstrated he IS The Better Keeper.
Of course he is, its not even funny. I have lost count of the number of mistakes that have led to goals from Raya. And not forgetting that last minute flap vs Sevilla that nearly cost us two points and having to go into the PSV game needing a result even if it was only to top the group.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:41 pm
I stand by my feeling that Ramsdale isnt good enough to be AFC Number 1 keeper, BUT if he isnt reinstated into the team for the next game and raya dropped, then he should beat the head off el basque and refuse to play for the club again as long as el basque is in charge - tonight should be the straw that breaks the camels back imo, but I fear nothing will change
Augie, no offence intended buddy, but I sometimes wonder about you.... :lol: :wink:

Seriously though what good would that do us? I think it's enough that Arteta has destabilised the team by shattering the confidence of two average to goodish keepers with Ramsdale now a shadow of the man he was last season and Pug Raya now possibly the worst keeper since Flappyhandski.... :| Do we really want a player acting the selfish cùnt?

I've always believed you play when you are picked and you train harder when you are dropped.