Odegaard appreciation thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: Odegaard appreciation thread

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:58 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:18 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:37 pm
Got burgled this week in broad daylight.

Considering half of the squad are his neighbours it could affect team morale.
If that affects the team morale then they don't deserve to win anything.
Have you ever had your house burgled?
No but shitty things have happened to most of us and we get through it.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I think Ode has been superb since Dubai. It's hard to think of another creative midfielder performing anywhere near his level at the moment apart from De Bruyne/Foden maybe (and Saka of course).

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

If he moves the ball fast he is good. If he reverts to holding on to it too long as he was pre Christmas it fcks is up

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:43 pm
If he moves the ball fast he is good. If he reverts to holding on to it too long as he was pre Christmas it fcks is up
true...... but against the better teams hes closed down quickly...does not have time to get his head up and pick a pass...so dwells on the ball...slowing play or loosing possession

Recently hes been very, very impressive..

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:12 am
true...... but against the better teams hes closed down quickly...does not have time to get his head up and pick a pass...so dwells on the ball...slowing play or loosing possession

Recently hes been very, very impressive..
Also needs to have someone making the right movement for him to pick the pass.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

On the run we are on, and with the way he has been playing, (both superb btw) I'll be really interested to see how he plays against man cheateh. Will he dictate the play or disappear?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:15 pm
On the run we are on, and with the way he has been playing, (both superb btw) I'll be really interested to see how he plays against man cheateh. Will he dictate the play or disappear?
All depends if Rodri will be allowed to kick the fuck out of him.

If :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:49 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Ain't that the truth. Rodri gets away with absolute murder. Always at it, blocking, pulling and where necessary blatantly fouling. The times he gets away with fouling to stop a break away is fucking outrageous, rarely booked for it. Gets away with more than Fabinho did at the scousers and that's saying something.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:11 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:49 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Ain't that the truth. Rodri gets away with absolute murder. Always at it, blocking, pulling and where necessary blatantly fouling. The times he gets away with fouling to stop a break away is fucking outrageous, rarely booked for it. Gets away with more than Fabinho did at the scousers and that's saying something.
^^^This 1,000% ^^^

Yes he is obviously a very good player and I'd love to have him and Rice play side by side (whether it would work or not is another matter) but Yeah! He's a Right Dirty Fucker.. AND get's Away With It Week after Week.... Part of the elitist thing that goes with playing for Cheaty I guess, where the Refs are afraid their Brown Envelope won't be waiting for them in the changing room after the game...

EssexGooner1981

Post by EssexGooner1981 »

He was awesome last night. And that pass for LT19 last night was like a fuckin scalpel.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

EssexGooner1981 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:22 am
He was awesome last night. And that pass for LT19 last night was like a fuckin scalpel.
He absolutely has the ability. His problem I think has been the consistency. If he can get that consistency down tight he could be world class.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:49 am
EssexGooner1981 wrote:
He absolutely has the ability. His problem I think has been the consistency. If he can get that consistency down tight he could be world class.
agreed definetly got the abiiity...hes was brilliant all through the game...when not in possession he was chasing down opponents...in possession his passing at times is unreal...and put a real shift in ...

augie

Post by augie »

EssexGooner1981 wrote:

I thought that on the ball last night he died a death (he wasnt the only one) around the 75th minute mark, but I will say that the work closing down he does and the ground he covers is outstanding

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

If Esr could learn to chase , we have the perfect 20 minute sub to give Odegaard the rest after 70 minutes.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I must praise Odegaard on his brilliant performance yesterday. I hope he finds consistency because he truly does have the ability.