Welcome Declan Rice

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Do you want Rice at Arsenal

Poll ended at Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:51 pm

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 27

DB10GOONER

Re: Welcome Declan Rice

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:16 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:57 am
I really don't like this "I told you so" attitude calling posters out on posts made months ago based on facts available now. We could all do that. Its poor form.

Personally I thought 105million was too much and to be honest I still think we overpaid. If he drives us onto a PL trophy then yep the 105million was good value. If he doesn't, then we deffo overpaid.

Now before anyone pisses their knickers in outrage I will say that I think Rice is ten times the player now for us than he was for wet sham where he often drifted through games taking the easy Denilson five yard pass option and only occasionally showing true class and drive in his play.

He has proven to be a top player with us and he'd be the first name on my teamsheet along with Saliba.

I see Oirish Deckers as future captain material.
It was / is just a bit of "Banter" DB... You knowww 'Fun'... taking the Michael... as we all do and are all subject to also... You're being rather pernickety & a tad cranky on occasions these days mate... Whassup!? :D :wink: :wink:
Not in the slightest mate. But those type of posts can provoke a negative response from people and then I have to deal with the fallout. I find it's always better to try defuse these things before they get too pissy and it ends up in someone overreacting and getting banned.

Like with syphilis, prevention is better than cure. :lol:

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
I really don't like this "I told you so" attitude calling posters out on posts made months ago based on facts available now. We could all do that. Its poor form.

Personally I thought 105million was too much and to be honest I still think we overpaid. If he drives us onto a PL trophy then yep the 105million was good value. If he doesn't, then we deffo overpaid.

Now before anyone pisses their knickers in outrage I will say that I think Rice is ten times the player now for us than he was for wet sham where he often drifted through games taking the easy Denilson five yard pass option and only occasionally showing true class and drive in his play.

He has proven to be a top player with us and he'd be the first name on my teamsheet along with Saliba.

It was / is just a bit of "Banter" DB... You knowww 'Fun'... taking the Michael... as we all do and are all subject to also... You're being rather pernickety & a tad cranky on occasions these days mate... Whassup!? :D :wink: :wink:
Probably watching too much wimmins football and now has time of the month :shock: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:23 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Not in the slightest mate. But those type of posts can provoke a negative response from people and then I have to deal with the fallout. I find it's always better to try defuse these things before they get too pissy and it ends up in someone overreacting and getting banned.

Like with syphilis, prevention is better than cure. :lol:

Fair enough, but that wasn't the intention... I've lost count of the the times I've called things wrong on here like when I said Augie was a right miserable barsteward or when I called Natalie Sawyer a Chubster... :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nick Nack wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:39 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Probably watching too much wimmins football and now has time of the month :shock: :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: That explains it! :D :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: Never had Syphillis so I wouldn't know... But had to accompany a friend of mine Big Malkie to the Pox clinic back in the 70's - He was 6' 4" but afraid of Needles....

Mind you when I saw the size of the needle the nurse was going to use I nearly Feinted... the spiky thing must have been at least 6 inches long...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:23 pm
ps: Never had Syphillis so I wouldn't know... But had to accompany a friend of mine Big Malkie to the Pox clinic back in the 70's - He was 6' 4" but afraid of Needles....

Mind you when I saw the size of the needle the nurse was going to use I nearly Feinted... the spiky thing must have been at least 6 inches long...
I once had a catheter put in post surgery. Halfway through I actually said "fucking please kill me know!" :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:24 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:23 pm

I once had a catheter put in post surgery. Halfway through I actually said "fucking please kill me know!" :lol:
You sure it was a Catheter? :D :wink: :wink: :wink: put it this way were either Sid or Spuddy in the vicinity? :D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Dekkers hitting all time high G/A stats with the business end of the season still to come.

What a fucking bargain at £105m. Nearly scored another screamer last night.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:45 am
Dekkers hitting all time high G/A stats with the business end of the season still to come.

1,000% :high5:

I Love Deckers! :cheekkiss:

Midz

Post by Midz »

We robbed West Ham, I feel guilty and suggest we have a whip round so we can pay them a bit more. :D :D :D :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:06 pm
We robbed West Ham, I feel guilty and suggest we have a whip round so we can pay them a bit more. :D :D :D :D
Naaaaaaah! Fuck em the murderingCUNTS. :box: :box: :box:

Stuart L (2)

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:46 pm
Rice could well be the next England captain once Kane’s ankles finally succumb

Just think of all the major decisions we would get ……. :rubchin: :roll: :evil:
:wink:

Midz

Post by Midz »

He's destined to become captain for both Arsenal & England.

Rice Rice Baby!! :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:45 am

I stand by what I said last summer that £105m is way too high for a defensive midfielder - luckily for us, rice is playing his best football in the 8 position and it is far easier to justify the price tag now than if he was just sitting in front of the back 4.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A true Englishman captaining his country with pride.....and an absolute snip at £105m!

If City had signed him everyone would be moaning that he was exactly the sort of top quality signing we should be in the running for. Honestly, even those people who thought the price was too much back then, can't honestly say that now? He's been superb in almost every game. Our previous attempts at filling that position were the club footed c.unt who cost us >£30m 7 years ago, and the permacrock Partey for £45m or whatever it was - he's worth 10x either of those two c.unts!

Forget the fact he doesn't formally have the armband - he's the best leadership figure we've had on the field since PV4 left

How's Caicedo getting on by the way?