Kai Havertz

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Kai Havertz

Post by OneBardGooner »

I concur. :high5:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:09 pm
I concur with your concurring.

Where’s Falky, it’s his turn.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:41 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

I concur that it's Falky's turn.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:08 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:54 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:16 pm
:lol:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:02 am
I'm sorry he didn't cost £50 million........oh, wait a minute..............

So far the Two goals he has scored have cost £34Million Each!!!

Let's not forget the £14.5 million base salary per year. :( :cussing:
Aaaaand don't forget the £3Million Bonus if he scores 12 or more!

So already he's a sixth of the way there! :banghead:
Was that a Bon Jovi chorus that didn’t catch on ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:02 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:08 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:54 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:16 pm
:lol:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:02 am
I'm sorry he didn't cost £50 million........oh, wait a minute..............

So far the Two goals he has scored have cost £34Million Each!!!

Let's not forget the £14.5 million base salary per year. :( :cussing:
Aaaaand don't forget the £3Million Bonus if he scores 12 or more!

So already he's a sixth of the way there! :banghead:
Was that a Bon Jovi chorus that didn’t catch on ?
Dunno mate, seeing as I'm 'Livin' on the edge of a prayer' by supporting Arsenal. but there again 1,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I am now thinking that he is an upgrade on Xhaka.

ok the bar was set very low but still .... :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:37 pm
I am now thinking that he is an upgrade on Xhaka.

ok the bar was set very low but still .... :D
Jaysus Rob. Signing nobody would have been an upgrade on Lobotomy Clive ffs. :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I could have sworn that we were only a week away from Christmas, but it’s clearly 1st April.

Fucking hilarious. It’s either top level wumming, or Kidd has no right to be working as a football journalist. Probably a scum fan who’s keen for us to keep Havertz in the side. Tosser.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Thing is our top scorer has only scored 8 and Havertz has 5. oh dear, oh dear. We definitely need a striker. :D

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:18 pm

I could have sworn that we were only a week away from Christmas, but it’s clearly 1st April.

Fucking hilarious. It’s either top level wumming, or Kidd has no right to be working as a football journalist. Probably a scum fan who’s keen for us to keep Havertz in the side. Tosser.
He has scored the odd goal, had a couple of half decent games but on the whole does not do a single thing that stands out in my opinion.

He is tall, but gangly, not a powerhouse, not great at headers ( missed a good chance on Saturday )
Doesn’t t appear quick, doesn’t posses tricky feet to bamboozle opponents and hasn’t so far produced in terms of lay offs / assists.
Doesn’t look like he does anything with conviction or confidence …..

So far, his biggest asset has been he is not Xhaka !

He does on occasion win the ball back with a long leg, and now has a decent song 🎶 I can see that having an option to hit longer, on occasion to beat opposition press is useful / desirable but even from goal kicks hit long he doesn’t hold up anywhere near as well as Smith or Giroud used to for example.

I’m not a hater, but not yet seen what he brings as opposed to many other players we could have brought it.
Last edited by Stuart L (2) on Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:25 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:

He has scored the odd goal, had a couple of half decent games but on the whole does not do a single thing that stands out in my opinion.

He is tall, but gangly, not a powerhouse, not great at headers ( missed a good chance on Saturday )
Doesn’t t appear quick, doesn’t posses tricky feet to bamboozle opponents and hasn’t so far produced in terms of lay offs / assists.

He does on occasion win the ball back with a long leg, and now has a decent song 🎶 I can see him having an option to hit longer, on occasion to beat opposition press is useful / desirable but even from goal kicks hit long he doesn’t hold up anywhere near as well as Smith or Giroud used to for example.

I’m not a hater, but not yet seen what he brings as opposed to many other players we could have brought it.
Agreed. I hope he keeps scoring and develops into the striker we need. But I honestly cannot see that happening. :(

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:06 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

I concur with the concurring of the concurring but don't know what the fuck I'm concurring with :D :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:37 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:06 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

I concur with the concurring of the concurring but don't know what the fuck I'm concurring with :D :barscarf:
Don't worry Falky mate None Of Us Do. :wink:

John F

Post by John F »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:25 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:

He does on occasion win the ball back with a long leg, and now has a decent song 🎶 I can see that having an option to hit longer, on occasion to beat opposition press is useful / desirable but even from goal kicks hit long he doesn’t hold up anywhere near as well as Smith or Giroud used to for example.

I agree with most of that. He has gone from poor to average and is doing the minimal amount you would expect from a 300 G-a-week player. What he does well at is getting into good positions. When Rice did that solo run against Brighton, if you look at Eddiie running alongside he positioned himself with two defenders between him making it hard for him to receive the ball from Rice. That is why Eddie will never be a top striker. Havertz would have found space and then probably missed.