Kai Havertz

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: Kai Havertz

Post by A11M11 »

Or Merkyl for free movement .

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

So Havertz is up to 8 goals. 3 in his last 3 with 3 assists too.

He also has more league goal contributions this season than Bernardo Silva, Bruno Fernandes, James Maddison, Marcus Rashford, Luis Diaz, Cody Gakpo, Dominic Szoboszlai and Jeremy Doku…

Yet nobody can give him credit here when he plays well. Just odd

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Viv Andersons Tache wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:42 am

He also has more league goal contributions this season than Bernardo Silva, Bruno Fernandes, James Maddison, Marcus Rashford, Luis Diaz, Cody Gakpo, Dominic Szoboszlai and Jeremy Doku…

I have to say he impressed me last night

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:59 am

I didn’t watch the game last night, and only listened to 1st half commentary, but it seemed to me like every time he got the ball he either misplaced the pass, took too long to get a shot off, or scuffed his shot. Of course, apart from the goal. I’ve no idea how fair that is though.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Kingralph wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:22 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

I didn’t watch the game last night, and only listened to 1st half commentary, but it seemed to me like every time he got the ball he either misplaced the pass, took too long to get a shot off, or scuffed his shot. Of course, apart from the goal. I’ve no idea how fair that is though.
I can't really remember any of that. There was a lot going on in the first half :D

A goal and an assist so I can't fault the man

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

Kingralph wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:22 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

There was an argument he was our best player. Odegaard was MOTM though on sky though. His goal was a drilled robin van persie type finish very impressive and his movement and runs around the box caused chaos.

Don’t recall him missing many shots but he could have got a 2nd when a cross was drilled across the box and he just couldn’t get his foot to it in time.

I think he should start at the weekend. We look better with him up top. Gabby Jesus will have to play himself back into form.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Robbed Chelsea blind. Havertz is finding his feet, while Sterling for them is deciding on a new perm hairstyle.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Kai is getting partial credit at the moment, his finish v Sheffield was nice and he's most certainly contributing a lot more in recent games then he has since joining.

Perhaps its a confidence thing but i still reckon hes as liable to mis control a pass and sky it to row z then he is to take the ball and slot it past the keeper. and until that ratio tips over to the latter the jury will be out!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:49 am
Robbed Chelsea blind. Havertz is finding his feet, while Sterling for them is deciding on a new perm hairstyle.
Call that a fuckin' hair style!! :shock: :D I think he was just trying to change his appearance so his in-laws wouldn't find him after he beat-up his girlfriend (again) (allegedly). :proudtosay:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

I've said recently he seems to be having an impact on thr oppo causing confusion prob all cis he doesn't know himself what will happen.

I still see terrible passing, scuffed efforts and wasted chances amongst his contributions vs the cannon fodder of recent weeks

It's all well and good scoring and assisting when he's having multiple opportunities to do so ina game.

Key is doing it against decent oppo when he will only have 1 or 2 chances ...

augie

Post by augie »

wilson2.0 wrote:

This guy is a wum absolutely no doubt about it - I'll debate with anyone, but how can you rationalise shite like that ?? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:57 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
Call that a fuckin' hair style!! :shock: :D I think he was just trying to change his appearance so his in-laws wouldn't find him after he beat-up his girlfriend (again) (allegedly). :proudtosay:
Which is saying something about the ladyboy :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:22 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:

This guy is a wum absolutely no doubt about it - I'll debate with anyone, but how can you rationalise shite like that ?? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
First you take a handful of the best Micro-dot Acid Tabs (LSD) available, then drink a Quart of Top Tequila... Then Smoke some Top Grade Michoacan Ganja.....Then

.... maybe

:ihh:

God I miss Hlebby :cry:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Is at last showing some form and confidence

His control and lay off for White’s goal was great as was his finish drilled into the bottom corner for his goal, still miscued what looked like a relatively easy swivel from the six yard box.

Good lay off also across the pitch for me of the other goals 3rd ? Can’t remember

Week by week, maybe he is coming to terms with our shape and patterns of play as early on he looked lost and was getting in the way

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

He's played very well recently. Certainly offers more than Jesus who quite frankly is a bit of a liability in several ways. The team clearly functions well with Havertz in the team, let's hope he continues to improve and contribute/score more goals.