Kai Havertz

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Kai Havertz

Post by mcdowell42 »

I've seen it too,but various arsenal related journalists have rubbished it

augie

Post by augie »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:29 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:26 pm
Fcuk me - not alone have we vastly over paid on a transfer fee for this dud, but now he is the top paid player in the club too ????

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/22896359 ... -transfer/

Over 100k per week more than next highest earner :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yeah, I read that somewhere else too. If it's true, then it's absolutely staggering. I imagine that Saka, Martinelli and Saliba might well be knocking on Arteta's door.

How do you play shit/average for 3 seasons and then get a bumper pay rise on the back of it ???

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:05 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
augie wrote:
Fcuk me - not alone have we vastly over paid on a transfer fee for this dud, but now he is the top paid player in the club too ????

Yeah, I read that somewhere else too. If it's true, then it's absolutely staggering. I imagine that Saka, Martinelli and Saliba might well be knocking on Arteta's door.

How do you play shit/average for 3 seasons and then get a bumper pay rise on the back of it ???

If true 8)

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
augie wrote:

This guy hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet! FFS wait until he actually does something before making him a top earner. Absolutely ridiculous when then was no need to even offer him a high salary.
Please please please get some people in who can negotiate properly.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
augie wrote:

Beats me. :|

We don't know if it's true, but let's just say that it wouldn't surprise me if it is.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

If true

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Lets give the lad a chance eh?

He won't be the first player Chavski have ruined - so we can only hope its temporary. If they can make the likes of Shevchenko and Torres look shit in their pathetic pimped up history, then they can sure make someone who arrived age 21 playing their first years in England look shit. How many managers have the Chavs had in that time? Lost count to be honest.

In his last 2 seasons with Leverkusen he scored 29 Bundesliga goals in 64 games, with 9 assists. He's got 13 in 37 for Germany. There's a player in there for sure. My biggest concern is how we accomodate him in the present team - he isn't prolific enough to play regularly up top (mind you, neither is Jesus!) and playing him in behind means he'd be no more than a rotation option with Odegaard.

Lets see how it maps out

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:19 am
Lets give the lad a chance eh?

He won't be the first player Chavski have ruined - so we can only hope its temporary. If they can make the likes of Shevchenko and Torres look shit in their pathetic pimped up history, then they can sure make someone who arrived age 21 playing their first years in England look shit. How many managers have the Chavs had in that time? Lost count to be honest.

In his last 2 seasons with Leverkusen he scored 29 Bundesliga goals in 64 games, with 9 assists. He's got 13 in 37 for Germany. There's a player in there for sure. My biggest concern is how we accomodate him in the present team - he isn't prolific enough to play regularly up top (mind you, neither is Jesus!) and playing him in behind means he'd be no more than a rotation option with Odegaard.

Lets see how it maps out

And therein lies the rub Steve O -

We both agree that he isnt prolific enough to be first choice number 9, he def wont start ahead of odeargod in the 10, god forbid that he starts ahead of either saka or martinelli (our two key players imo), so that means he either starts in xhaka's position OR he is a very expensive back up player and that is unlikely. Obviously it will piss me off enormously if/when he pushes smith-rowe further down the pecking order, but I still believe that the money would have been far better used to go towards buying a quality number 9

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:35 pm
augie wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
augie wrote:

Beats me. :|

We don't know if it's true, but let's just say that it wouldn't surprise me if it is.
It Would surprise me... If those figures were true. But Footie Sold It's Soul Long Ago... So!??? :?

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Last night‘s cross and volley competition, seemingly confirms what we already knew, namely, that this guy couldn’t finish his dinner, let alone score, a goal.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:

I doubt it's true tbh. One, it's the Sun.... need I say more? :lol:

But two, I don't think the board - or Arteta and Edu - are stupid enough to bring in a guy that everyone knows has failed miserably to date, and then piss off the proven "talent" by paying him more than them. You'd have that "talent" and their agents kicking down the managers / chairman's door.

At least I hope its not true. But then not much stupidity surprises me anymore.... :|

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Kingralph wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:30 am
Last night‘s cross and volley competition, seemingly confirms what we already knew, namely, that this guy couldn’t finish his dinner, let alone score, a goal.
I think someone's pants may have been pulled down :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

And not in a Rodders (self-abuse) way.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Kingralph wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:30 am

Just watched it...fucking embarrassing. :banghead:

I said at the time that this signing makes absolutely no sense to me. I could understand a gamble on someone for 10 or even 20 million (although nothing about Havertz has given me any cause for spending any sum at all on him), but 65m on a three season flop? Beyond baffling. It tells you all you need to know when their fans are rolled up laughing about it.

I can't work out what Arteta thinks he's seen in this bloke, but we'll soon find out....or not.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Imagine judging your new signing on a charity competition :lol: