POLL: How Will Arsenal Fare in 2023 - 2024 Season

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What Position Will Arsenal Finish In 2023 to 2024 Season?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:32 pm

Title Winners
16%
Second
16%
Third
35%
Fourth
16%
Fifth
11%
Outside Top Five
5%

Total votes: 37

OneBardGooner

Re: POLL: How Will Arsenal Fare in 2023 - 2024 Season

Post by OneBardGooner »

As long as that useless Prick ZinCunto is in the squad we are Winning NOTHING.

It Really IS The Hope That Kills.

:suicide:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

2nd or 3rd about 6-8 PTS behind City as we will shite our shorts another 2 or 3 times(at least) between now and last day..Well todger Everton up the fartpipe on the last day playing champagne football..Boabied out of the big lugs by Bayern..Yawn.

augie

Post by augie »

If we lose to bayern Wednesday night, we could see a collapse that would make last season's collapse look like a blip in comparison - we still have to go to wolves who are performing very well, go to the scum where their scum fans will turn it very hostile, and go to old toilet which will also be hostile, and after yesterday's shit show I'm not sure these players or manager can be trusted to get back on track if bayern knock us out. I talked up villa since last august and tipped them for top 4 (despite much derision :roll: ), but yesterday was all about us not them, and we are still the same shirkers and bottle jobs, and still managed by the same clueless arrogant numpty that we seen last season, so our away run in worries me tbh

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I feel completely deflated after the shit show against the vaginas. I think we will now go into full collapse mode again just like last season and tbh I don't really fucking care that much now. :roll:

The same stupid mong fans that hero worship every manager and every player just because they are at Arsenal, no matter how shit they are, will still be all over Twatter and the intwebs etc hailing our "genius elite manager" and our "world class" players. :oops:

The same stupid mong players like CliveChenko will still be here stealing a living, no matter what happens because nowadays its unfair to actually you know punish shit performances. :x

And the same stupid ego driven but quite average manager will be here for years to come getting top four (in a shit league that has basically 4 maybe 5 teams rich enough to get top 4) but never actually winning a major trophy.... fucking yaaaaawn.

:yawn: :roll:

I hope I am completely wrong in all of that and would love to be proven wrong. But I bet I'm not. :|

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:56 am
If we lose to bayern Wednesday night, we could see a collapse that would make last season's collapse look like a blip in comparison - we still have to go to wolves who are performing very well, go to the scum where their scum fans will turn it very hostile, and go to old toilet which will also be hostile, and after yesterday's shit show I'm not sure these players or manager can be trusted to get back on track if bayern knock us out. I talked up villa since last august and tipped them for top 4 (despite much derision :roll: ), but yesterday was all about us not them, and we are still the same shirkers and bottle jobs, and still managed by the same clueless arrogant numpty that we seen last season, so our away run in worries me tbh
Back on track to what?? 2nd, 3rd.....??

I don't see full collapse if our history is anything to go by. I see a loss to Bayern.....a regroup of sorts with some stumbling and point dropping, until all hope is officially over, then a full blown " back on track" performance from the "lads." It is all so predictable and boring.

As an aside, no matter how high my hopes get, I always look at about 3 players, and our bench, and think we cannot win it......can we, can we, maybe....??? And every year, eventually it happens....NO, we CAN'T!!

Hope dies last.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:09 pm
augie wrote:

I don't see full collapse if our history is anything to go by. I see a loss to Bayern.....a regroup of sorts with some stumbling and point dropping, until all hope is officially over, then a full blown " back on track" performance from the "lads." It is all so predictable and boring.

As an aside, no matter how high my hopes get, I always look at about 3 players, and our bench, and think we cannot win it......can we, can we, maybe....??? And every year, eventually it happens....NO, we CAN'T!!

Hope dies last.
The worst part is we are only 3 top players away from a really decent side. Yes the squad is thin, but add in 3 top players, and those other kind of mid level players become subs rather than starters.

Arteta has improved us from where we were when he took over but I genuinely think he won't take us any further. A pity. But that's life.

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:02 pm
Reno Gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

Hope dies last.
The worst part is we are only 3 top players away from a really decent side. Yes the squad is thin, but add in 3 top players, and those other kind of mid level players become subs rather than starters.

Arteta has improved us from where we were when he took over but I genuinely think he won't take us any further. A pity. But that's life.
I agree 100%. You are never going to have a team full of world class players, nobody does........you need three, maybe four. But the rest have to be decent players, good solid, mentally strong players who know what they are doing......and the world class players make them better. You cannot have 3 or 4 really weak players with a bench that is arguably even worse. And that is what we have. To think you can win major titles carrying players is lunacy.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:10 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Reno Gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

Hope dies last.

I agree 100%. You are never going to have a team full of world class players, nobody does........you need three, maybe four. But the rest have to be decent players, good solid, mentally strong players who know what they are doing......and the world class players make them better. You cannot have 3 or 4 really weak players with a bench that is arguably even worse. And that is what we have. To think you can win major titles carrying players is lunacy.
That's the key thing there mate and you said it much more succinctly than I did. 8)

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:26 pm
Reno Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Reno Gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

Hope dies last.

That's the key thing there mate and you said it much more succinctly than I did. 8)

But when you look at the total amount spent on transfer fee's by the cone boy, and look at the individual fee's paid for these players, there is no way that we should have a weak bench and I really cannot understand how the spotlight isnt shone on that more - we have wasted so much money on sub-standard shite like vieira and it is hard to put up an argument that overall we have been good in the transfer market

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:44 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Reno Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Reno Gooner wrote:

Hope dies last.

But when you look at the total amount spent on transfer fee's by the cone boy, and look at the individual fee's paid for these players, there is no way that we should have a weak bench and I really cannot understand how the spotlight isnt shone on that more - we have wasted so much money on sub-standard shite like vieira and it is hard to put up an argument that overall we have been good in the transfer market
I agree. Over 700 million spent and millions every month (every week?) in wages and we have a paper thin squad and are two probably three players short of a top first eleven. It's not good enough. But worse, Arteta can't - or refuses to - see that.

Havertz should never have been signed. Yes he has improved but the bar was so low for him he could only get better. Hes not good enough to be a starter in a team going for the title. Ditto Jesus. Jesus should never have been signed. He's a decent enough technical footballer but not a goal scorer and his contribution really is minimal. CliveChenko should not have been signed. An utter fucking shitsplat of a player. We have to ask ourselves: why would the chav$ and Man cheateh sell players to us their rivals? No manager or owner will sell top players to their rivals.

Just think if we took their transfer fees and the salaries we've paid them and signed a top striker or a really good striker on the verge of becoming a top striker...... :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:48 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:44 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Reno Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I agree. Over 700 million spent and millions every month (every week?) in wages and we have a paper thin squad and are two probably three players short of a top first eleven. It's not good enough. But worse, Arteta can't - or refuses to - see that.

Havertz should never have been signed. Yes he has improved but the bar was so low for him he could only get better. Hes not good enough to be a starter in a team going for the title. Ditto Jesus. Jesus should never have been signed. He's a decent enough technical footballer but not a goal scorer and his contribution really is minimal. CliveChenko should not have been signed. An utter fucking shitsplat of a player. We have to ask ourselves: why would the chav$ and Man cheateh sell players to us their rivals? No manager or owner will sell top players to their rivals.

Just think if we took their transfer fees and the salaries we've paid them and signed a top striker or a really good striker on the verge of becoming a top striker...... :|
But ... But ... But .... That is Too Sensible ... a Suggestion, Idea, .... I mean ... Oh! You know what I mean...

Perhaps a bit pre-emptive on the Up and Coming Summer Transfer Window... But in for a Penny In For a Pound...Here's a suggestion or Ten:

The following SHOULD go in The Summer But those with an asterisk (* ) Will probably stay and continue to Steal a Living..- (*) That's for some of our Posters - In case they don't know what Asterisk is or a Transfer Window. :wink:

Rambo - Not because he is a 'Bad' Goalie but has a tendency to do a 'Zinny' and wander off into La La Land while the game is in play.

Vieira - Where does one start? Physically Weak and a Chicken shit Coward when it comes to a 50/50 Tackle, or to quote a bloke down the pub.. "I've seen more meat on a jockey's whip".

Zinchenko (*) - A direct replacement in the Fucking UselessCunt Category, for CliveElCunto (Xhaka) Who should NEV ER Be Allowed to wear the Arsenal shirt again; not even for the purpose of having a Photograph taken.

Cedric - Non-existent waste of money on the wage bill.

Raya (*) - Not Good Enough to command the number One spot in goal, make an okay(ish) number two.

Nketiah - Just Fuck-Off and die you lazy money grabbing grinning-even when we're losingCunt

Reiss-Nelson - Tries his best when he gets a few minutes, but nowhere near good enough to even be on the bench.

Tomas Partey - A fucking Fraud and Sick-Note of Abou Diaby levels, who is just a drain on the Wage Bill.

Gabriel Jesus (*) Skilled ? Yes, Robust? No and yet again another 'Sick Note' we need to get off the Wage Bill.

Havertz (*)... Has improved since his very poor start, but as DB has rightly said "The Bar Was So Low He Didn't Have Far To Reach" (Or words to that effect.

ESR - Decent player, with Natural Skills who loves to Attack the opposition and can do it! Also and nice lad etc, but under Arteta will never again see the light of day in terms of proper Game-time... Needs to go for his own sake :cry:

In-Coming:

And finally to echo that well know; but somewhat cringey phrase by TOF:

(We Need ) a Tup, Tup, Qualiteee Goalie (Like Martinez; even though he's aCunt as a bloke)

(We Need ) a Tup, Tup, Qualiteee Striker

(We Need ) a Tup, Tup, Qualiteee Defensive Midfielder so that Rice, Rice Baby can move forward in the Formation

(We Need ) a Tup, Tup, Qualiteee: Right Winger to compete with Saka 'Realistically'. (The drop-off in Saka's form is worrying; He Has been overplayed, but also he has lost that ability & willingness to 'Skin' Defenders; whether that is because e he has been told not to or if it's down to confidence is another matter, but he 'Needs' to be challenged.

(We Need ) a Tup, Tup, Qualiteee & Versatile Two Footed Defender who CAN Cover RB/ CB or LB (I think Timber Will Be a Success, But Until He has at least 10 games under his belt, we won't know how Badfly the Cruciate Injury has affected him and his Game)

Some would say we also need a New Manager... But I think Arteta has One More Season (To get shot of the Dead Wood, get in the Players we All Know We are Lacking and Desperately Need (3 - 4 New Players would do it) to prove himself; ie: Win The Prem or CL AND another Trophy FA or League Cup or if not then Sayonara.

Who the fuck we could replace him with I have absolutely No Idea. Though I think some on here will have a Name Or Three. :rubchin: