POLL: How Will Arsenal Fare in 2023 - 2024 Season

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What Position Will Arsenal Finish In 2023 to 2024 Season?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:32 pm

Title Winners
16%
Second
16%
Third
35%
Fourth
16%
Fifth
11%
Outside Top Five
5%

Total votes: 37

Arsenal Till I Die

Re: POLL: How Will Arsenal Fare in 2023 - 2024 Season

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

If we keep going the way we’re going then around 8th.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I think we are bang in trouble. There is no balance in this side. We basically have no proper fullbacks.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:27 pm
I said 5th.

92% of us said top 4 :lol:
I really can’t see it somehow.
Other than City running away with it, all other challengers look ropey and will drop plenty of points (us included)
I’m still confident for top 4

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wibble wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:01 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:27 pm
I said 5th.

92% of us said top 4 :lol:
I really can’t see it somehow.
Other than City running away with it, all other challengers look ropey and will drop plenty of points (us included)
I’m still confident for top 4
I still think top 4 too, but it will be Pyrrhic victory at best because we'll be about 15 to 20 points behind champions citeh. :roll:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I've changed from 2nd to 5th.
Arteta will destroy the season with his team selection and tactics. We'll get better but it'll be too late.
He wants to be unpredictable...... But he's played the same way every game! Partey at RB inverting..... It's hardly difficult to plan how to get in behind our defence :banghead:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:57 am
I've changed from 2nd to 5th.
Arteta will destroy the season with his team selection and tactics. We'll get better but it'll be too late.
He wants to be unpredictable...... But he's played the same way every game! Partey at RB inverting..... It's hardly difficult to plan how to get in behind our defence :banghead:
So have i although outside top 5 for me!

im feeling very reactionary as per other threads after fulham so fucked off am i about the shoehorning of havertz in and seeing how shit he is in 3 games first hand.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I'm in the 6th-8th camp now :cry: Well know more after our next few games but after the first 3 I'm not confident one bit.

augie

Post by augie »

There is no getting away from the fact that this season el basque has made us weaker at right back, weaker at centre half, weaker at left full, and weaker in midfield - that is some feat considering we only got rid of a swiss turd that should have been flushed years ago

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I know someone said before they think this new way of playing will be Artetas downfall, and I think it could be. Not directly so to speak, I think that the Kroenkes have backed him massively and wouldn't get rid quickly at all, however, the media/pundits are already on the attack saying it's down to Arteta, it's clearly not working blah blah blah. If by Christmas we are around 6th place, playing poorly at times, doing badly in the CL and we have half a dozen well known pundits hammering Arteta it will increase the bad publicity and may cause some reaction from management a bit sooner than they may do otherwise. There's no way they'd sack him this season whatever happens imo, if he finishes 8th and goes out of the CL in the group stages, he'll get panned by the media but they won't get rid but if he starts the following season with some mixed/poor results then it could be it.
It's so baffling that we were head and shoulders the 2nd best team last season and now he's taken the team/tactics apart and started something new and unproven that is clearly not working. We have a better squad than last season (barring Havertz) but he changes everything? I think Artetas biggest fan is himself.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thing is TeeCee we all know there are long standing parts of the media and of Course plenty of pundits; old and newer who cannot wait to stick the knife into Arsenal at any opportunity and with the change in the way we are playing compared to some of the sublime games last season, you can bet they will do all they can to add to the doubts, criticisms and condemnations of Arsenal. Even though it might be all down to the manager they won't spare the rod and it isn't just the manager and team who will feel the pain from their vindictive, gobshyte, snide remarks and put down's but us Fans.

Arteta & the Team surprised everyone last season, that un-expected challenge for the title could come back and stab us in the back, especially as not only will there be an 'expectation' for something similar or better; with spending of £200million, but once again the scummy media will relish the opportunity to highlight the slightest slip or failure, something they are already doing with their condemnation of the signing of Havertz and their remarks concerning the signing of Raya.

The only way Arteta is going to come of of this un-scathed (and win over the majority of Gooners) is if we actually DO Produce the goods, with the signing of Havertz proving to be a smart move and with Ray's signing also being a success.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:31 am
Thing is TeeCee we all know there are long standing parts of the media and of Course plenty of pundits; old and newer who cannot wait to stick the knife into Arsenal at any opportunity and with the change in the way we are playing compared to some of the sublime games last season, you can bet they will do all they can to add to the doubts, criticisms and condemnations of Arsenal. Even though it might be all down to the manager they won't spare the rod and it isn't just the manager and team who will feel the pain from their vindictive, gobshyte, snide remarks and put down's but us Fans.

Arteta & the Team surprised everyone last season, that un-expected challenge for the title could come back and stab us in the back, especially as not only will there be an 'expectation' for something similar or better; with spending of £200million, but once again the scummy media will relish the opportunity to highlight the slightest slip or failure, something they are already doing with their condemnation of the signing of Havertz and their remarks concerning the signing of Raya.

The only way Arteta is going to come of of this un-scathed (and win over the majority of Gooners) is if we actually DO Produce the goods, with the signing of Havertz proving to be a smart move and with Ray's signing also being a success.

I don't know who this bloke Ray is that we've signed, but even if it's Ray Charles he'll be better than Havertz.

:lol: :wink:

KingHenry

Post by KingHenry »

OneBardGooner wrote:
but once again the scummy media will relish the opportunity to highlight the slightest slip or failure, something they are already doing with their condemnation of the signing of Havertz and their remarks concerning the signing of Raya.
The problem is the media are too easy on Arteta. Two 8th place finishes,blowing 4th place with a 4 point lead with 3 games to go and blowing an 8 point lead with 8 games to go. Is there an Gooner who thinks Havertz was a good signing? Arteta has spent over £600m

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

KingHenry wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:52 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
but once again the scummy media will relish the opportunity to highlight the slightest slip or failure, something they are already doing with their condemnation of the signing of Havertz and their remarks concerning the signing of Raya.
The problem is the media are too easy on Arteta. Two 8th place finishes,blowing 4th place with a 4 point lead with 3 games to go and blowing an 8 point lead with 8 games to go. Is there an Gooner who thinks Havertz was a good signing? Arteta has spent over £600m

Blimey, that's pretty stark when you see it written down. :(

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

KingHenry wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:52 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
For the moment, maybe. But he is the Manager of THE Arsenal and once they even think they smell blood they'll do all they can to Kick Him and Us in the Bollocks. "FACT".

Media and Politicians All Deserve Ugly Deaths with Lots of Pain.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I would suggest that that the injury to Timber has really thrown a spanner in the works; not that that is an excuse as Arteta / Edu should have a reasonable back-up player/s and plans in case. But it's affect on Team Selection, Playing System/s etc could so easily cause dropping more points than we might have if he were available and a part of the squad.

It has certainly dented my hopes (not expectations) as to how we will fare this season. :cry: