POLL: How Will Arsenal Fare in 2023 - 2024 Season

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What Position Will Arsenal Finish In 2023 to 2024 Season?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:32 pm

Title Winners
16%
Second
16%
Third
35%
Fourth
16%
Fifth
11%
Outside Top Five
5%

Total votes: 37

OneBardGooner

POLL: How Will Arsenal Fare in 2023 - 2024 Season

Post by OneBardGooner »

HOW WILL ARSENAL FARE IN THE 2023 - 2024 SEASON?

Select Your Choices in The Poll.

Poll: Where Arsenal will Finish at the End of 2023 -2024 Season

The Transfer Window is Open Till 11PM Friday September 1st 2023

Will Arsenal buy any more players?
Name Your Preferred THREE Choices:

Will Arsenal Sell Any Players?

What Position Will Arsenal Finish?
Title Winners:
Top Two:
Top Three
Top Four
Top Five
Outside Top Five (If So What Position)?

PLEASE COPY TEMPLATE And PLACE YOUR ANSWERS NEXT TO EACH QUESTION::

Will Arsenal Win Any Trophies? YES or NO If YES What Trophy/ies?

How Far Will Arsenal Get in The Champions League?

Who Will Be Arsenal's Top Scorer of The Season:

Who Will Be The Top Three Players of the Season:

1st:

2nd:

3rd:

Who Will Be The Worst Player of The Season?

Will Arteta Still Be Manager By The End Of The Season?

The Top Six Teams In Finishing Order:

1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
6th:

Who Will Be The FIRST Manager To Be Sacked?

What THREE Teams Will Be Relegated.

18th:
19th:
20th:

*** The Poll CLOSES On The Same Day The Transfer Window Closes ( Friday 1st September 2023 ***

*** So Voters Can Change Their Answers On Their ORIGINAL POST Till Then.
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

TeeCee

Re: POLL: How Will Arsenal Fare in 2023 - 2024 Season

Post by TeeCee »

Will Arsenal buy any more players?

Vlahovic, Kudus, Guehi

Will Arsenal Sell Any Players?
Pepe
Holding
Vieira

Will Arsenal Win Any Trophies? YES or NO If YES What Trophy/ies?
Yes, league cup

First knock out round

Saka

1st: Saka

2nd: Timber

3rd: Odegaard

Zinchenko

Yes

1st: Man City
2nd: Liverpool
3rd: Arsenal
4th: Man Utd
5th: Chelsea
6th: Villa

Lopetegui? Wolves

18th: Wolves
19th: Sheff Utd
20th: Luton
Last edited by TeeCee on Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

augie

Post by augie »

Will Arsenal buy any more players? Probably

Name Your Preferred THREE Choices: Toney, amrabat, vardy or mitrovic ( :oops: ) - before mocking those last 2 suggestions, can I say that I would much prefer us to go out and buy a top quality striker to be first choice number 9 but I simply do not see el basque upsetting jesus like that, so then my alternative is to sign a proven goal scorer who jesus wont see as a threat, but who will end up being better option.

Will Arsenal Sell Any Players ? Yes they will but not the ones I would sell - I expect several departures (inc loans) and sadly I am expecting tierney and smith-rowe to leave
Name Your Preferred THREE Choices: where to start - portugese pussy vieira, pepe, holding, cedric, odeargod (I'm nothing if not loyal to smith-rowe :wink: ), nketieh, tavares, el ninny

Will Arsenal Win Any Trophies? YES FA Cup

How Far Will Arsenal Get in The Champions League? First Knockout round

Who Will Be Arsenal's Top Scorer of The Season: Jesus 13 goals

1st: Saliba

2nd: Saka

3rd: Timber

Who Will Be The Worst Player of The Season? Havertz

Will Arteta Still Be Manager By The End Of The Season? Yes

1st: Citeeh
2nd: Victims
3rd: Geordies
4th: Brighton or Villa
5th: AFC
6th: manure

Who Will Be The FIRST Manager To Be Sacked? wolves manager will walk - maybe even before season kicks off

18th: sheff utd
19th: wolves
20th: luton

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm stickying this one. We'll see some fucking extremes on this thread! :lol: :wink:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:34 pm
I'm stickying this one. We'll see some fucking extremes on this thread! :lol: :wink:
We have already. Behind Brighton and villa...I mean ffs!

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Will Arsenal buy any more players? No
Mbappe
Van Dijk
Caceido

Will Arsenal Sell Any Players? Yes
Name Your Preferred THREE
Vieira
Runarsson
Pepe

Title Winners

Will Arsenal Win Any Trophies? YES
Community Shield
Premier League
European Cup

Winners

Martinelli

Saka
Martinelli
Smith Rowe

Vieira

Yes

1st: Arsenal
2nd: Manchester City
3rd: Chelsea
4th: Liverpool
5th: Manchester United
6th: Newcastle United

Ange Postecoglou

18th: Tottenham Hotspur
19th: West Ham United
20th: Luton Town

augie

Post by augie »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:41 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Firstly I fear that the champs league will stretch us thin

Secondly I think that both villa and brighton have recruited very well so far, and I have a sneaky feeling villa will come back in for smith-rowe, and he will lift them higher

I dont think it is wrong to say that this team has shown in both of the last two seasons that they have a tendency to buckle when the pressure is on them - the pressure is on from minute one this season whether they like it or not. Momentum in football is massive and last season when the momentum was with us we got wins and draws with late, late goals that dont often happen - this season if we arent flying it in same manner I worry that momentum will have a big negative part to play. We had a great season last year when we challenged citeeh for a long time when we werent expected to - having run them so close last season, and having spent over £200m SO FAR this summer, the expectation and pressure will be there, and I still dont see a difference maker in our signings that will lift us up a level. TBF to rice, in my opinion there are very few defensive midfielders that can make that difference, and imo Havertz is going to have a negative impact unless he hits the ground running when season kicks off - I still question if el basque knows where he is going to play him, but maybe that is because it is a move that never made sense to me

the playing mantis

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:37 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Secondly I think that both villa and brighton have recruited very well so far, and I have a sneaky feeling villa will come back in for smith-rowe, and he will lift them higher

I dont think it is wrong to say that this team has shown in both of the last two seasons that they have a tendency to buckle when the pressure is on them - the pressure is on from minute one this season whether they like it or not. Momentum in football is massive and last season when the momentum was with us we got wins and draws with late, late goals that dont often happen - this season if we arent flying it in same manner I worry that momentum will have a big negative part to play. We had a great season last year when we challenged citeeh for a long time when we werent expected to - having run them so close last season, and having spent over £200m SO FAR this summer, the expectation and pressure will be there, and I still dont see a difference maker in our signings that will lift us up a level. TBF to rice, in my opinion there are very few defensive midfielders that can make that difference, and imo Havertz is going to have a negative impact unless he hits the ground running when season kicks off - I still question if el basque knows where he is going to play him, but maybe that is because it is a move that never made sense to me
Smith Rowe won't go to villa there would be meltdown if he was sold this summer. Villa have made some decenrt signings but are in Europe so will be stretched thin as well no way will they be above us there squad is way thinner than ours anyway and not of the quality of ours.

Brighton are also in Europe so same applies to them have lost one of their best players likely to lose another and don't recall them signing any proven players, some bloke from championship and then a load of unproven and Milner...massive stretch to say will be better than us. Laughable in fact.

We all know you hate arteta and want him out but come on augie some of these points are straw clutching in the extreme.
I have no idea how we will do we should really be top 3 again, if we had a striker challenging properlet, but anything can happen but I would wager highly the 2 you mention won't be above us.

For once I'm not worried about scum, I think ange is a no mark and they have signed crap, but when I am worried they fail, so maybe this year when I'm not worried I should be.

Poch should sort Chelsea out a bit. I don't rate united bar Rashford either, and everyone says Liverpool will be back but I don't really see it and think salah is declining. Macallister is not a game changer.

Edit to add I agree re pressure but hope it improves we did OK last season at times when written off although ultimately buckled in the end but we are young and inexperienced and hope we will learn. Also agree re havertz.

augie

Post by augie »

Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:46 pm
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Smith Rowe won't go to villa there would be meltdown if he was sold this summer. Villa have made some decenrt signings but are in Europe so will be stretched thin as well no way will they be above us there squad is way thinner than ours anyway and not of the quality of ours.

Brighton are also in Europe so same applies to them have lost one of their best players likely to lose another and don't recall them signing any proven players, some bloke from championship and then a load of unproven and Milner...massive stretch to say will be better than us. Laughable in fact.

We all know you hate arteta and want him out but come on augie some of these points are straw clutching in the extreme.
I have no idea how we will do we should really be top 3 again, if we had a striker challenging properlet, but anything can happen but I would wager highly the 2 you mention won't be above us.

For once I'm not worried about scum, I think ange is a no mark and they have signed crap, but when I am worried they fail, so maybe this year when I'm not worried I should be.

Poch should sort Chelsea out a bit. I don't rate united bar Rashford either, and everyone says Liverpool will be back but I don't really see it and think salah is declining. Macallister is not a game changer.

Edit to add I agree re pressure but hope it improves we did OK last season at times when written off although ultimately buckled in the end but we are young and inexperienced and hope we will learn. Also agree re havertz.

Two things re the scum - firstly their squad is shit and is likely to get weaker when fat tongue leaves, but secondly ange is not a no mark cos he is an excellent manager imo. Firstly he will have them playing attacking football which will buy him some time with their scum fans, but more importantly he is a very shrewd manager who has won everywhere he has been.

I have seen some of Brighton's pre-season games and they have really impressed - Joao Pedro who I liked when he was with watford, has looked excellent for brighton in pre-season, but in general terms they have a system for identifying unknown quality players that is on a different level to any club I know. Their centre midfield is obviously going to be the major question mark if they lose caciedo, but that brings me back to their ability to sign players who we never heard of but who fit seamlessly into their team time and time again

Lastly re smith-rowe, it kills me to say it but I dont think there will be a meltdown if he is sold - fans are fickle and you can even see it on here over the past 6 months where some fans are already starting to blame him for not playing (fat, unfit, lack of application etc), and there will always be fans who want to mesmorised by the foreign signings (like odeargod) rather than focus on their homegrown but less glitzy players. The player himself has a dilemma imo - he wont factor much in el basque's plan (too many signings over past 12 months in front of him) and unless he wants to sit back and watch his career go down the shitter, he will need to push for a move and I reckon emery will be in like a shot if he is available

the playing mantis

Turn it up augie, ange has won with celtic and in Japan. Any of us here could win with celtic - rangers were awful last 2 years, and Japan...

He's also struggled at places.

The media (wonder why...) is driving this shrewd manager vibe and optimism about how attacking he is and the scum fans are lapping it up...ffs...its bllx...he's a cheapo appointment who levy can control... he may do well but his record is one thay any semi competent manager could do given the celtic job or bothering to coach in oz or nip.

I see your point on esr but feel just about our fanbase still just about would care big time and we wouldn't date sell...another season of not being fit then maybe...

You can't judge in preseason re Brighton! You yourself said preseason is no indicator. And soton for years had the model of selling and replacing with unknowns who did well, and their similar system worked, until it didn't. Yes it's a good model when it works but there's a big element of luck, and it won't always churn out gems.

BTW I'm here all week...housebound due to medical procedure and fam have all buggered off out so watching cricket posting bllx on various forums!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Sign Vardy or Mitrovic, sell last year’s player of the season and we’ll finish behind both Villa and Brighton.

If that was your first post on here I’d be calling you out as a WUM, Augie never change you fucking beautiful mental bastard :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Poll: Where Arsenal will Finish at the End of 2023 -2024 Season

Will Arsenal buy any more players? Unlikely

Name Your Preferred THREE Choices: Will buy one more max I reckon but that’s dependent on Partey fucking off which please god he will. As to who I’d like to sign, if I could pick one player that would turn us into instant title contenders it would be the crayon muncher.

Will Arsenal Sell Any Players? Yes, shit loads hopefully.

Banter Bob, Pepe and Cedric.

Title Winners:
Top Two
Top Three
Top Four
Top Five
Outside Top Five (If So What Position)?

3rd/4th

PLEASE COPY TEMPLATE And PLACE YOUR ANSWERS NEXT TO EACH QUESTION::

Will Arsenal Win Any Trophies? YES or NO If YES What Trophy/ies? Cup Lottery.

City will piss the league again (yawn) and will be red hot favourites to also win the champions league again (bigger yawn). That leaves the 2 domestic cups for the rest of the plebs to scrap over (city will also be favourites to win both of those too by the way :roll: )…be a lottery for us to win one. Fuck knows.

QF…..with a favourable draw we could sneak it a semi like all the shit Italian clubs did this season. The standard in Europe is piss poor ATM.

Saka

1st: Saka

2nd: Odegaard

3rd: Rice

Eddie if he hangs around.

Absolutely …..#TeamTets

1st: City
2nd: Liverpool
3rd: Arsenal
4th: Chavs
5th: United
6th: Head Choppers

For years I could rattle off the name of the manager of every club in the league but I’ve become some bitter towards anything other than Arsenal I’d be lucky to name 10 PL managers now. I wouldn’t know the name of any of the managers of the shit clubs down the bottom. If you gave me a billion quid to name the wolves manager I wouldn’t have a fucking scooby.

18th: Everton (please fucking please)
19th: Wolves
20th: Luton

*** The Poll CLOSES On The Same Day The Transfer Window Closes ( Friday 1st September 2023 ***

*** So Voters Can Change Their Answers On Their ORIGINAL POST Till Then.
[/quote]

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:18 pm
Turn it up augie, ange has won with celtic and in Japan. Any of us here could win with celtic - rangers were awful last 2 years, and Japan...

The media (wonder why...) is driving this shrewd manager vibe and optimism about how attacking he is and the scum fans are lapping it up...ffs...its bllx...he's a cheapo appointment who levy can control... he may do well but his record is one thay any semi competent manager could do given the celtic job or bothering to coach in oz or nip.

I see your point on esr but feel just about our fanbase still just about would care big time and we wouldn't date sell...another season of not being fit then maybe...

You can't judge in preseason re Brighton! You yourself said preseason is no indicator. And soton for years had the model of selling and replacing with unknowns who did well, and their similar system worked, until it didn't. Yes it's a good model when it works but there's a big element of luck, and it won't always churn out gems.

BTW I'm here all week...housebound due to medical procedure and fam have all buggered off out so watching cricket posting bllx on various forums!
I hope its nothing serious Mantis. Be well, mate.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:03 pm
Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:46 pm
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Two things re the scum - firstly their squad is shit and is likely to get weaker when fat tongue leaves, but secondly ange is not a no mark cos he is an excellent manager imo. Firstly he will have them playing attacking football which will buy him some time with their scum fans, but more importantly he is a very shrewd manager who has won everywhere he has been.

I have seen some of Brighton's pre-season games and they have really impressed - Joao Pedro who I liked when he was with watford, has looked excellent for brighton in pre-season, but in general terms they have a system for identifying unknown quality players that is on a different level to any club I know. Their centre midfield is obviously going to be the major question mark if they lose caciedo, but that brings me back to their ability to sign players who we never heard of but who fit seamlessly into their team time and time again

Lastly re smith-rowe, it kills me to say it but I dont think there will be a meltdown if he is sold - fans are fickle and you can even see it on here over the past 6 months where some fans are already starting to blame him for not playing (fat, unfit, lack of application etc), and there will always be fans who want to mesmorised by the foreign signings (like odeargod) rather than focus on their homegrown but less glitzy players. The player himself has a dilemma imo - he wont factor much in el basque's plan (too many signings over past 12 months in front of him) and unless he wants to sit back and watch his career go down the shitter, he will need to push for a move and I reckon emery will be in like a shot if he is available
The bit in red: maybe so, augie old buddy - but you have to qualify that with the fact he has only ever been in the lower level leagues like Australia, Japan, and the hilariously utter shit joke that is the Scottish Premier League. They may as well be done with that last pile of fucking herpes and call it the Celtic/Rangers league. And he had his success with Celtic when it was literally the Celtic league with Rangers fucked. :lol:

My money is on him being gone from the scum by Xmas, February at the latest if they are near the bottom.

the playing mantis

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:22 pm
Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:18 pm

I hope its nothing serious Mantis. Be well, mate.
O God no, reading back i made it sound dramatic, its elective...so my own fault/choice!

Thanks though, penis extensions don't come cheap as you all know...!

Just explaining why I was arguing with augie in case he got the hump as I was bored silly