Forest H Sat 12th Aug KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Forest H Sat 12th Aug KO 1230

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:49 pm
Unable to watch the game; had to travel to attend the Funeral of a friend :(

But having looked at some of the comments on here - It sounds like we started Bright then through a(nother?) bit of defensive foolishness allowed them back into the game. That is something we need to Put A Stop To.

Just watched the 2+ minute Highlights and that turn and pass by Martinelli must up there with assist of the season already...LOVE Him!

Eddie took his goal well and the goal by Saka was something"Special".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvNa9ChY7Yw

Hope Timber's injury isn't serious because he is a Fucking "Baller".
Sorry for your loss, buddy. :(

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thanks mate, also Rodders & Midz - only 56yrs old and Cancer of the spine .... 4 months and he's gone .... His daughter is / was? getting married next year ... Sorry too much To
drink :banghead: ....... :goingtobed:
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Just watched the highlights.
Saliba was at sea for the early Forest chance..because he was played out of position

3 of our back 4 today were playing out of position. Despite players being available for all 4 positions.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I thought we missed Xhaka. :mrgreen:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I thought we missed Xhaka
He was playing mate just under a different name..... Havertz! :banghead: :banghead:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

At least 3 of our back 4 were in Forest's 6 yard box for the corner that led directly to their goal

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Getting the win was the main thing but there was such a lack of control about that performance that it was almost Wengeresque. We ambled through the 2nd half like it was the Emirates Cup and proceeded to almost fuck it up. Happy with Rice's performance and Timber looked quality until his injury but the real talking point is Havertz. He just seems like a pointless footballer, ambling around doing fuck all and somehow still staying on. I hope I'm wrong but I get the feeling we'll be taking a huge loss on that 65 million when he's proven to be dogshit and is sold in a few years.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

One day........we'll stop taking players from the Chavs. Someone has to learn a lesson surely? :roll:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:14 pm
Thanks mate, 56yrs old and Cancer of the spine .... 4 months and he's gone .... His daughter is / was? getting married next year ... Sorry too much To
drink :banghead: ....... :goingtobed:
Ah shit, that sucks big time.

Sorry for your loss buddy 🍻

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thanks Stuart Much appreciated.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DoubleClick! DOH! :duh: :oops:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Midz wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:17 pm
Sorry to hear about your friend OBG.

Your summation was pretty much what happened in the game. It started great but wore thin and desperate towards the end.
Dito :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Appreciated.

Just watched the highlights on MOTD - as many have said on here what is the point of having Squad Depth if we don't utilise it 'Properly' - Arteta has many skills, but presently he seems to lack In Game Management skills; I wonder if that has anything to do with the reason Steve Round suddenly left. I don't think they've publicly announced a replacement; unless Arteta is doing a Wenger and has decided to Do Everything. :cry:

Yes it was the first game of the season and Hugely Important we got the Win, but it could have gone So Very Wrong once they'd got a goal.

And yes, we have CL games coming up, but don't tell me that he's keeping Tierney, ESR and Nelson in reserve for those games.

I hope to god he isn't turning into another WenkerDespot. We all know TOF had his favourites and played them regardless of whether they were in or out of form (all players go through that) or whether they gave a shyte or not.

Havertz is good at holding up the ball and finding space between the oppo's defensive lines, so maybe that's something they'll be putting more and more into the patterns of play ?

What I see and hear is that there are a Lot of Gooner's scratching their heads wondering WTF is going on and where he's going with this.

We NEED a Striker (Proper) and someone on the Coaching Team to Tell Arteta if / when he's Wrong.

Time will tell I guess :?

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:12 am
Thanks Stuart Much appreciated.
Sorry to hear of your friends passing mate

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Condolences OBG.