Palass A Mon 21st Aug KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Palass A Mon 21st Aug KO 8pm

Post by rodders999 »

Fucking hell if this is the mood on here after 2 wins imagine what it will be like when we lose a game. I’ll have to tap out that weekend because this place will lose its mind.

Two ugly wins but 6 points on the board after the first week of the season that included a tough away game at Palace where we stood firm when down to 10 men to come away with a win and a clean sheet to boot.

You’d think we were in the relegation zone reading some of the comments on here. Here’s to more moaning and more winning :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:32 am
Fucking hell if this is the mood on here after 2 wins imagine what it will be like when we lose a game. I’ll have to tap out that weekend because this place will lose its mind.

Two ugly wins but 6 points on the board after the first week of the season that included a tough away game at Palace where we stood firm when down to 10 men to come away with a win and a clean sheet to boot.

You’d think we were in the relegation zone reading some of the comments on here. Here’s to more moaning and more winning :barscarf:

Tbf Rodders, if the manager was selecting the team properly and we scraped 2 wins like we have, I think the fans would be ok cos they would see it as that we just havent hit top form yet - fans are losing their shit cos we are being sabotaged from within, and there is no confidence that he will revert to the players and system that served him well last season, and that is a serious, serious worry imo

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Augie I have my concerns about the defensive team selection too, but as long as we keep winning that will do nicely for me. It’s not like we’ve been horrendous in both games, we dominated both for the most part, it’s just the we haven’t been firing on all cylinders yet either and we’ve been solid rather than spectacular which isn’t uncommon at the start of a season so I wouldn’t worry about things…..yet.

Arsenal is my drug of choice and winning games is my fix. Simple as that. But that’s just me and everyone’s different. For you, same drug, but I’d say your fix would be winning games, with the team selection you think is our strongest and under a manager you approve of.

That’s a fairly high bar to set to get your hit but at the end of the day we’re all just chasing that dragon!

Anyway I bought the green jersey this morning as a little “you deserve it Roddaz you fucking beautiful bastard” present for myself. You pull the trigger yet?

Oh and I saw you mention last night that you’re secretary for your local club, so am I for the schoolboys teams at mine for my sins. You suffering that Connect system for registering players? What an absolute shit show that is, on that alone I’d bet we’d agree!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:43 am
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:32 am

Tbf Rodders, if the manager was selecting the team properly and we scraped 2 wins like we have, I think the fans would be ok cos they would see it as that we just havent hit top form yet - fans are losing their shit cos we are being sabotaged from within, and there is no confidence that he will revert to the players and system that served him well last season, and that is a serious, serious worry imo
That’s exactly it…we’re self sabotaging. It’s fucking frustrating because with a couple of decent additions and not fucking about with the structure of the team, we could really have kicked on this season. As it is, the Havertz signing is wreaking havoc because Captain Black is prepared to wreck the structure of the side, particularly the defence, to shoehorn in his new favourite. Staggeringly stupid from Wenger Mk ll.
Last edited by Retro Gunner on Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Post Game BBC Interview with Arteta:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66577099

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:56 am
Augie I have my concerns about the defensive team selection too, but as long as we keep winning that will do nicely for me. It’s not like we’ve been horrendous in both games, we dominated both for the most part, it’s just the we haven’t been firing on all cylinders yet either and we’ve been solid rather than spectacular which isn’t uncommon at the start of a season so I wouldn’t worry about things…..yet.

Arsenal is my drug of choice and winning games is my fix. Simple as that. But that’s just me and everyone’s different. For you, same drug, but I’d say your fix would be winning games, with the team selection you think is our strongest and under a manager you approve of.

That’s a fairly high bar to set to get your hit but at the end of the day we’re all just chasing that dragon!

Anyway I bought the green jersey this morning as a little “you deserve it Roddaz you fucking beautiful bastard” present for myself. You pull the trigger yet?

Oh and I saw you mention last night that you’re secretary for your local club, so am I for the schoolboys teams at mine for my sins. You suffering that Connect system for registering players? What an absolute shit show that is, on that alone I’d bet we’d agree!

Ordered mine from UU Soccer (china) couple weeks ago

Even though our club has adult and schoolboys teams, I am only secretary of the adult section cos I refused point blank to deal with the corrupt c.unts running our local schoolboy league

We went to connect system halfway through last season and this season it seems to have morphed into connect/comet system, and you are right in that it seems to be a shitfest - we have to be police vetted over here and the system is telling me that I am secretary and telling me that my vetting has expired, but also wont let me go through the renewing vetting claiming that I am not registered on the system :? :shock: :shock:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah got my kids two home kits from knock off Nigel earlier in the summer - quality is unreal. Martineleli and Odegaard are their favourite players so the got their names on the back. I know you love Martin as much as me so thought I'd let ya know. :wink: Fakes all the way baby. I got myself the real green one mind, only the best sweat shop materials are touching the skin of this Adonis.

You'll have to tell the story of your falling out with the league to me sometime, that seems very out of character for you :lol:

:wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Watched ssn this morning and I may have .missed something but I didn't hear any mention that ayew shouldn't have even been on the pitch to get tommi sent off.

The pundits did however say that the second yellow was a joke as he never pulled ayew back.

They say football is a funny old game but I don't quite see the humour :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:12 am
Watched ssn this morning and I may have .missed something but I didn't hear any mention that ayew shouldn't have even been on the pitch to get tommi sent off.

The pundits did however say that the second yellow was a joke as he never pulled ayew back.

No mention of it by the pundits on Sky after the game last night either. It’s the obvious go to point and it’s all over twitter, but nope, not on Sky. Wankers.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:58 am
Yeah got my kids two home kits from knock off Nigel earlier in the summer - quality is unreal. Martineleli and Odegaard are their favourite players so the got their names on the back. I know you love Martin as much as me so thought I'd let ya know. :wink: Fakes all the way baby. I got myself the real green one mind, only the best sweat shop materials are touching the skin of this Adonis.

You'll have to tell the story of your falling out with the league to me sometime, that seems very out of character for you :lol:

The whole world’s gonna know it’s a knock off when they see that spelling on the back Rodders.
:lol:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:

No falling our Rodders - from day one I refused to deal with them. They used to have a system in place where the more teams you had in the league the more votes you have - in other words it was a corrupt system set up to allow the big clubs dictate all the time, and as a secretary of a small rural club I would not tolerate that shit. They now have a 4 person committee running the league and are complaining about not being able to get new people to join the league committee, but there is a kicker - if you are voted onto the committee now, you are only allowed by an ordinary committee member for the first 2 years (cant hold executive position) and are a non voting member ........ in other words you are a dogsbody there to do the menial work whilst the cartel members run everything in a way that suits them :evil: :evil: :evil:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:39 am

No mention of it by the pundits on Sky after the game last night either. It’s the obvious go to point and it’s all over twitter, but nope, not on Sky. Wankers.
Neither in thr mail today. Not that I read it!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:17 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:39 am

Neither in thr mail today. Not that I read it!
I didn't know you could read!!! :shock:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:42 am
rodders999 wrote:

The whole world’s gonna know it’s a knock off when they see that spelling on the back Rodders.
:lol:
Fuck sake Knock Off Nigel strikes again :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:43 am
rodders999 wrote:

No falling our Rodders - from day one I refused to deal with them. They used to have a system in place where the more teams you had in the league the more votes you have - in other words it was a corrupt system set up to allow the big clubs dictate all the time, and as a secretary of a small rural club I would not tolerate that shit. They now have a 4 person committee running the league and are complaining about not being able to get new people to join the league committee, but there is a kicker - if you are voted onto the committee now, you are only allowed by an ordinary committee member for the first 2 years (cant hold executive position) and are a non voting member ........ in other words you are a dogsbody there to do the menial work whilst the cartel members run everything in a way that suits them :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ours isn’t a closed shop like that but there is a lot of ego and older guys on a power trip at the top table for sure. It’s extremely rare to get a win or get one over on them and the most common response to any request, no matter how small or how much sense it makes is - no :roll:

I suppose a lot of these positions are held by fuckers for way too long and a definite master servant dynamic evolves over time. What we say goes.

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuunts.