Fulham FP H Sat 26th August KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kingralph

Re: Fulham FP H Sat 26th August KO 3pm

Post by Kingralph »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:11 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:05 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:59 pm
We'll win nothing with Arteta as manager.
Except we already have. :rubchin:
Wasn’t Artetas team though was it - and we won the FA Cup despite Arteta not because of him
I’m pretty certain when I watched the FA Cup final, he was the manager, and picked the team and tactics.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Only one person can be blamed here. Arteta. His ego is costing us and that was what cost us so dearly during the last decade of Wenger's reign: the manager's ego. :|

At home to ten man relegation fodder and lucky not to lose 2-3. Unacceptable. :censored:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:59 pm
Only one person can be blamed here. Arteta. His ego is costing us and that was what cost us so dearly during the last decade of Wenger's reign: the manager's ego. :|

At home to ten man relegation fodder and lucky not to lose 2-3. Unacceptable. :censored:
And it would have been a loss to their only 3 shots on target for good measure.

And while I’d love to just pin the blame on something - Arteta, Havertz, playing non full backs at full back, we’ve kept just 2 clean sheets in our last 13 home league games which leads me to think this is a bigger than just one issue - this is something deep rooted in us.

That’s a fucking awful statistic and from what I’ve seen in our first 2 home games isn’t going to get better any time soon.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Square pegs in round holes to accommodate Haventz,Partey at RB,no overlapping with Saka,
He should be doing this bullshit preseason not 3 games in…… :banghead:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

We got away with it in the first 2 games but we didn't today :cry: Havertz? Wtf is the point of this streak of pish? Remember the time a couple of seasons back when the Swiss fannybulge got injured and we went on a great run..we need something similar to happen here..65 fuckin million we paid for this cockhole :shock: 65 fuckiiiing million :shock:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

These are the last days of Arteta. Believe me he will be gone by Christmas.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:33 pm
Well it’s totally his squad now,so he has zero excuses,

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
[/quote
:lol: :lol:
You really think that the Kroenkes will sack him after he nearly took us to the title last season ?
Look how long it took to get rid of Wenger. He will stay as long as he wants.

TheBigBean

Post by TheBigBean »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:06 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

And it would have been a loss to their only 3 shots on target for good measure.

And while I’d love to just pin the blame on something - Arteta, Havertz, playing non full backs at full back, we’ve kept just 2 clean sheets in our last 13 home league games which leads me to think this is a bigger than just one issue - this is something deep rooted in us.

That’s a fucking awful statistic and from what I’ve seen in our first 2 home games isn’t going to get better any time soon.
I've done no statistical analysis, but I'd guess that a high press with a slow team leads to lots of goals conceded from counter-attacks.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Kingralph wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:11 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:05 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:59 pm
We'll win nothing with Arteta as manager.
Except we already have. :rubchin:
Wasn’t Artetas team though was it - and we won the FA Cup despite Arteta not because of him
I’m pretty certain when I watched the FA Cup final, he was the manager, and picked the team and tactics.
He was the manager yes but we won that FA Cup because Aubamayang was playing for a bumper new contract and Martinez had a purple patch in goal that summer.
We also won the FA Cup that season as I have pointed out on here before because covid hit just before the quarter finals, at which point we were struggling. It was all lucky circumstances, a bit like the start of last season when we played a load of league games pretty close together due to the World Cup starting in November. Combined with no European football we put a run together. That luck has now run out I think.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:

I doubt it Bob. It will have to be bottom half of the Prem for that to happen and even then I doubt it. He's their man and he's clever enough to keep them on the line with the old "process" bullshit.

Whatever happens, he'll be in place until season end. If we don't make CL qualification, it will be interesting to see what happens.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:13 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:11 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:06 pm
Trossard had to go
He didn't have a good first half for sure Rodders, but for me, Eddie on for Havertz was the decision to make. Sadly, the new favourite will be as untouchable as Xhaka was.
When it comes down to it, Trossard is more likely to score or create something than Havertz, you is fucking terrible.

Bit harsh Perry, I was making the same point.

:lol: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

1 nil down 2-1 up and I was buzzing. Then pop the whole weekend got deflated.

If Fulham had sprayed 4 passes around us before someone pinged it into the top corner it would have been gutting but at least easier to accept.

But to fucking pass them the ball for their second as we did for their first is soul destroying. The non existent marking at the corner compounds the shitness.

I’m 4 cans in now and feeling a small bit better, let’s see what tomorrow brings.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Not a chance.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:13 pm
1 nil down 2-1 up and I was buzzing. Then pop the whole weekend got deflated.

If Fulham had sprayed 4 passes around us before someone pinged it into the top corner it would have been gutting but at least easier to accept.

But to fucking pass them the ball for their second as we did for their first is soul destroying. The non existent marking at the corner compounds the shitness.

I’m 4 cans in now and feeling a small bit better, let’s see what tomorrow brings.
I'm popping an extra Oxycodone for my back of course, erm no other reason.... cough cough... :lol: :wink: