Fulham FP H Sat 26th August KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Fulham FP H Sat 26th August KO 3pm

Post by BobbyPires7 »

If you look at our last ten games and add it to our general performance level in the first few games this season. He is not getting us into Europe.

Come back to me at Christmas.

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:02 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:33 pm
These are the last days of Arteta. Believe me he will be gone by Christmas.

I doubt it Bob. It will have to be bottom half of the Prem for that to happen and even then I doubt it. He's their man and he's clever enough to keep them on the line with the old "process" bullshit.

Whatever happens, he'll be in place until season end. If we don't make CL qualification, it will be interesting to see what happens.
Like Wenger, he will choose the time of his departure. Although Wenger didn't ultimately choose, he clung on like a limpet, but eventually his position became became untenable and even as thick skinned as he was, he knew it. Last season wasn't a building process, it was more of an aberration. This season is going to be a struggle, it's going to be a Wengeresque top 4 fight, which I think we are going to lose. Never mind the so called top 6, there are teams like Brighton, Newcastle, or even Villa and WH who are going to trouble us. Imagine a trip up to Newcastle on a Monday night in January or Feb :shock: :shock:
Last edited by Reno Gooner on Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:57 pm
Game week 3 and I’ve already had enough.

This is exactly how I feel, except I was feeling it after the Palace game. The worst of it is not even the poor performances, it's the self harm from Legohead. Wenger Mkll, the same ego driven refusal to be wrong.

I was more confident and optimistic about our club this summer, than I had been since about 2005. Despite our poor end to last season, we'd achieved more than any of us thought possible and a style and structure was in place.

All I thought we needed to make us proper contenders at the very top level was a top level replacement for Partey and a bloke that didn't fall over his own feet to replace Xhaka. Then add a top level striker and we'd have been in business. The 200m spent ought to have been able to secure all three.

He buys Rice, which is fine (too expensive, but still), but then adds fucking Havertz! Timber looks a top player, but for me, the defence didn't need meddling with unless the others areas were fixed. He was never going to buy a striker, but it's a big mistake.

Worst of all, he decides to fuck about with the shape and structure of the side and disrupt a pretty stable defensive set up, just to accommodate fucking Havertz!! Partey at RB, drops Gabriel and fuck knows what's going on at LB?!

As others have said, we've gone massively backwards. Arteta was a 442 man and it was working. He's fucked things up and I fear that he isn't the sort to accept that and change back. We'll see. Captain Black can have no excuses...if we fail, it's on him.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

We were shit in our first two games yet came out with the 3 points but eventually that luck runs out. Arteta hasn't a fucking clue, putting out random team selections and trying to prove he is the cleverest in the room. If Chelsea had sold Havertz to Spurs, I'd have barely batted an eyelid and expected it to be a nothing transfer but to see him with us and 65 mil on top is negligence of the highest order. This season will end up in the toilet and Arteta will still amble on as though he has earned a job for life.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:21 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:13 pm
1 nil down 2-1 up and I was buzzing. Then pop the whole weekend got deflated.

If Fulham had sprayed 4 passes around us before someone pinged it into the top corner it would have been gutting but at least easier to accept.

But to fucking pass them the ball for their second as we did for their first is soul destroying. The non existent marking at the corner compounds the shitness.

I’m 4 cans in now and feeling a small bit better, let’s see what tomorrow brings.
I'm popping an extra Oxycodone for my back of course, erm no other reason.... cough cough... :lol: :wink:
I've taken 2 as a suppository 8)

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Arteta's just copying City again. Prep plays a'box' midfield with full backs out even center backs moving forward. Arteta has to copy Pep because he doesn't have his own ideas. If he doesn't go back to our defence of last season, we'll be out of the running for the title after 10 games. If he tries to save face by continuing to play Havertz, we won't get top 5

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

#ArtetaOut again I see. :roll: :lol: :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Kingralph wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:05 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:59 pm
We'll win nothing with Arteta as manager.
Except we already have. :rubchin:
I'm talking about the league or CL.

I don't care about the FA cup

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:26 pm
What did you expect this place is Arteta out even when we win FFS :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:39 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:26 pm
What did you expect this place is Arteta out even when we win FFS :lol:
Very true. How silly of me. :oops: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Can number 6, match? What fucking match.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:28 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:57 pm
Game week 3 and I’ve already had enough.

This is exactly how I feel, except I was feeling it after the Palace game. The worst of it is not even the poor performances, it's the self harm from Legohead. Wenger Mkll, the same ego driven refusal to be wrong.

I was more confident and optimistic about our club this summer, than I had been since about 2005. Despite our poor end to last season, we'd achieved more than any of us thought possible and a style and structure was in place.

All I thought we needed to make us proper contenders at the very top level was a top level replacement for Partey and a bloke that didn't fall over his own feet to replace Xhaka. Then add a top level striker and we'd have been in business. The 200m spent ought to have been able to secure all three.

He buys Rice, which is fine (too expensive, but still), but then adds fucking Havertz! Timber looks a top player, but for me, the defence didn't need meddling with unless the others areas were fixed. He was never going to buy a striker, but it's a big mistake.

Worst of all, he decides to fuck about with the shape and structure of the side and disrupt a pretty stable defensive set up, just to accommodate fucking Havertz!! Partey at RB, drops Gabriel and fuck knows what's going on at LB?!

As others have said, we've gone massively backwards. Arteta was a 442 man and it was working. He's fucked things up and I fear that he isn't the sort to accept that and change back. We'll see. Captain Black can have no excuses...if we fail, it's on him.
Well said that man. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:03 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:21 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:13 pm
1 nil down 2-1 up and I was buzzing. Then pop the whole weekend got deflated.

If Fulham had sprayed 4 passes around us before someone pinged it into the top corner it would have been gutting but at least easier to accept.

But to fucking pass them the ball for their second as we did for their first is soul destroying. The non existent marking at the corner compounds the shitness.

I’m 4 cans in now and feeling a small bit better, let’s see what tomorrow brings.
I'm popping an extra Oxycodone for my back of course, erm no other reason.... cough cough... :lol: :wink:
I've taken 2 as a suppository 8)
Oxycodone or cans of beer? :shock:

:lol: :wink:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Very disappointed with the team today.

I don't blame anyone in particular it's an Arsenal team fault and it's Arsenal that need to rectify it and bloody quickly. Arteta is doing a good job, he does the best he can. He's not perfect nor is any other manager.
C'mon Arsenal, shape up FFS!!

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Bollocks. :barscarf: :barscarf: