Everton A Sun 17th Sept KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Everton A Sun 17th Sept KO 430pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

It's really time for this lot to go down for their own good. Football from the dark ages and been just surviving for too long. They'll be missed by nobody, least of all us.

Relieved to get the win but we were far far superior. The worry is the lack of goals and there were chances today for Eddie that a decent striker doesn't miss. Having said that, Jesus when he came on was as thick as pig shit...whether it was giving away stupid fouls or giving the ball away at a time we were trying to kill it dead

Rice made one almost fatal mistake at the end but apart from that he was magnificent. How's that Caicedo chap doing?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Nobody wants them gone more than me steveo but they’ll stay up by default again I reckon :banghead:

Luton are already gone so that just leaves 2 spaces and Burnley and Sheffield United are equally as dog shit and both must be odds on to also go straight back down again.

They were dead and buried last year and Leeds fucking tanked it with 1 win from their last 11 the cuuuuuuunts :twisted:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Reading their forum “Grand Old Team” they reckon they are our peers. Are they fuck!

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Our goal today gets better and better when I see it more. The control of the ball on his left foot when coming across his body was immense.

Could have easily ended up going toward the corner flag on a different day

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:51 pm
Reading their forum “Grand Old Team” they reckon they are our peers. Are they fuck!
Just read a bit of that.
One of their posters put “we missed Iwobi today” :D

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

80% ball possession & we win 1-0. Need to create & convert chances we have. Still vomiting over Scum result. Hope Martinelli will be OK for next week. :barscarf: :barscarf:

RJG23

Post by RJG23 »

At least we're all surely in agreement that Vieira should start over Havertz

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Went to the game yesterday, there was some trouble a few minutes from getting in; when some scousers tried to "Mug & Rob" two young Gooners (mid-twenties), but some other Gooners caught-on to what was going down and "sorted" the ScouseFilth, then handed them over to the Plod.

The general consensus was we could and should have blown the scousers out of the water, but we were a tad ponderous and although more solid and focused in our play, we never really got out of first gear, whereas they are / were Woeful and under "The Ginger Cum Gargler " ©DB10 :wink:
they have now become the new Burnlaaaay!

The slowness of the game was reflected in the (usually Louder) Gooner fans/Support.

But 3 points IS 3 Point and happy with the Win, but Martinelli's injury is a worry and though Trossard played well and scored a very classy goal, he is no Left Winger.

Everyone saying they were glad (& somewhat relieved) to see Raya handed his first start. Also general consensus is We Have Yet To Get Into 3rd Gear in any of our games and with The Scum playing Well AND Getting the Rub of the Green and assistance from VAR & the Time keepers we Will NEED To play much better than we have so far this season.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Early on in this thread, Rodders said that Everton had not been as bad this season as their points tally (or lack of it!) would suggest, because they had been the better side in 2 or 3 of their losses and I shared that view. However, even though they have been a poor side for years, I couldn't believe how fucking dire they were yesterday. I genuinely don't think I've ever seen such a dreadful performance from a PL team, even those that have been relegated with only a handful of points. Their sole tactic was to get everyone behind the ball from the first minute and they had absolutely zero idea what to do when they had the chance to get forward. Their attacking tactic was purely Pickford launching long balls over the top.

Trouble is, as dire as they were, we struggled to a stressful 0-1 win. For the first 30 mins , they barely had a touch of the ball, but despite having 80% possession in that period, we had managed only 2 shots on goal...of which maybe only 1 was on target. It was like watching a Wenger performance, all possession, but across the park and back and fuck all cutting edge up front.

I'll take the win, but we aren't playing well and we've struggled in every game so far, despite a soft start to the season, even including a very sub par Utd.

Fucking worried about next week, because if we carry on as we have been, then we'll get turned over by that lot.

augie

Post by augie »

RJG23 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:59 am

Six of one, half a dozen of the other - both are utter dogshite and shouldnt be near this team :twisted: I couldnt believe the pro vieira comments after one twenty minute cameo where he set up a goal - like that one cameo after 13 months of dogshite means that he is now worthy of being picked ?? Is he fcuk - he is a useless cowardly whiny fcuker who shouldnt even be in the matchday squad imo

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:53 pm
RJG23 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:59 am

Six of one, half a dozen of the other - both are utter dogshite and shouldnt be near this team :twisted: I couldnt believe the pro vieira comments after one twenty minute cameo where he set up a goal - like that one cameo after 13 months of dogshite means that he is now worthy of being picked ?? Is he fcuk - he is a useless cowardly whiny fcuker who shouldnt even be in the matchday squad imo

Thing is Augie, I doubt many on here (probably none) would have Vieira in the side, but given that Arteta doesn’t seem interested in playing Trossard in that advanced midfield role and that there’s more chance of Luton winning the PL than ESR getting a start in anything other than the League Cup (if he’s lucky), then it looks like a straight choice between Vieira or Havertz.

If that’s the case, then I wouldn’t hesitate to pick Vieira. ESR light years ahead of both, but no point us harping on about that, because he’s finished at our place. Should have insisted on a move in the summer, because I think he’s 23 now and needs to be playing or his career will be fucked. The last 2 years should have been a vital learning curve but he’s hardly kicked a ball and injury is only part of the story.

I think that Arteta has the Wenger streak….a youngster that he doesn’t want to play, but too cowardly to let him go in case he proves himself a major asset elsewhere and makes a mug of him.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:14 am
Went to the game yesterday, there was some trouble a few minutes from getting in; when some scousers tried to "Mug & Rob" two young Gooners (mid-twenties), but some other Gooners caught-on to what was going down and "sorted" the ScouseFilth, then handed them over to the Plod.

The general consensus was we could and should have blown the scousers out of the water, but we were a tad ponderous and although more solid and focused in our play, we never really got out of first gear, whereas they are / were Woeful and under "The Ginger Cum Gargler " ©DB10 :wink:

The slowness of the game was reflected in the (usually Louder) Gooner fans/Support.

But 3 points IS 3 Point and happy with the Win, but Martinelli's injury is a worry and though Trossard played well and scored a very classy goal, he is no Left Winger.

Everyone saying they were glad (& somewhat relieved) to see Raya handed his first start. Also general consensus is We Have Yet To Get Into 3rd Gear in any of our games and with The Scum playing Well AND Getting the Rub of the Green and assistance from VAR & the Time keepers we Will NEED To play much better than we have so far this season.
Absolute fucking scum that whole city. Fucking bunch of cûnts all of them. Presumably, the old bill released them a few hours later through lack of evidence or receiving death threats to to their families or whatever usual shit they all do up there in that fucking filth hole.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:12 pm
Early on in this thread, Rodders said that Everton had not been as bad this season as their points tally (or lack of it!) would suggest, because they had been the better side in 2 or 3 of their losses and I shared that view. However, even though they have been a poor side for years, I couldn't believe how fucking dire they were yesterday. I genuinely don't think I've ever seen such a dreadful performance from a PL team, even those that have been relegated with only a handful of points. Their sole tactic was to get everyone behind the ball from the first minute and they had absolutely zero idea what to do when they had the chance to get forward. Their attacking tactic was purely Pickford launching long balls over the top.

Trouble is, as dire as they were, we struggled to a stressful 0-1 win. For the first 30 mins , they barely had a touch of the ball, but despite having 80% possession in that period, we had managed only 2 shots on goal...of which maybe only 1 was on target. It was like watching a Wenger performance, all possession, but across the park and back and fuck all cutting edge up front.

I'll take the win, but we aren't playing well and we've struggled in every game so far, despite a soft start to the season, even including a very sub par Utd.

Fucking worried about next week, because if we carry on as we have been, then we'll get turned over by that lot.
Bang on Retro, that was comfortably their worst performance of the season, everything I feared pre kick off, raucous atmosphere, high tempo, high intensity football, with the crowd baying for blood and their players flying into everything as if their lives depended on it failed to materialise (thankfully).

They seemed to come out with the mindset of damage limitation from minute one and hope to catch us out with one of dinosaur arms numerous hoof balls up the field.

That was the most un-Goodison atmosphere I can ever remember, you could hear a pin drop all day and they barely even registered a murmur of approval for the corrupt offside decision.

Delighted to come out of a fixture that’s haunted us for so long with all 3 points and a pretty dominant display. We’ve been fairly comfortable in all our games but the fact our forward line has yet to properly bang this season has meant the score line has never reflected that and every game has been in the balance for the last 10 minutes.

We have to turn our dominance into goals because there will be many more stings in the tail like the Fulham one if we don’t.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:24 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:14 am

Absolute fucking scum that whole city. Fucking bunch of cûnts all of them. Presumably, the old bill released them a few hours later through lack of evidence or receiving death threats to to their families or whatever usual shit they all do up there in that fucking filth hole.
I thought 'those days' in Scouse land when we had to go incognito were over... The 2 lads were quite shaken by it... but once they'd spoken to The Plod & given their statements etc... They joined in with the Gooners at the gates and were okay, I saw them at half-time and they were enjoying the game.

It was nice to Rub it in on the way out & home singing 'SingThe Arsenal One Nil' ! :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:18 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:12 pm

Bang on Retro, that was comfortably their worst performance of the season, everything I feared pre kick off, raucous atmosphere, high tempo, high intensity football, with the crowd baying for blood and their players flying into everything as if their lives depended on it failed to materialise (thankfully).

They seemed to come out with the mindset of damage limitation from minute one and hope to catch us out with one of dinosaur arms numerous hoof balls up the field.

That was the most un-Goodison atmosphere I can ever remember, you could hear a pin drop all day and they barely even registered a murmur of approval for the corrupt offside decision.

Delighted to come out of a fixture that’s haunted us for so long with all 3 points and a pretty dominant display. We’ve been fairly comfortable in all our games but the fact our forward line has yet to properly bang this season has meant the score line has never reflected that and every game has been in the balance for the last 10 minutes.

We have to turn our dominance into goals because there will be many more stings in the tail like the Fulham one if we don’t.

Exactly Rodders. Not the usual blood and thunder approach that this lot reserve for us and they were limp wristed all game, but for the first half an hour they looked scared stiff. As you say, the crowd were really withdrawn, but again, that first 20-30 mins they were completely mute. I sat there wondering if it's a sense of resignation, as though the crowd (and maybe the players too), know that this is the season that their number is up. Mind you, as you've said elsewhere, there's always 3 teams that end up with a worse points total, even if they aren't a worse team (if you know what i mean? :? ).

As for us, I'm worried. We've played no one yet but have limped to victory or the Fulham draw, every time. We all know that we needed a top striker, but even without that, we look more impotent than last season. Something is missing and i can't put my finger on it. i know that Vieira isn't the answer, but we looked more fluid with him rather than Havertz in the line up, but there's still no threat or cutting edge. I know it's not easy when you're playing against sides with everyone behind the ball and sitting deep, but fuck me, we ought to be creating far more chances than we're doing when we've got 70 odd % possession.

Hate to say this, but next weekend will be our first proper test. The scum won't sit deep, they'll press high up the pitch and they will get quickly forward when they have the ball. That ought to create some space for us to play and get behind them, but we'll see. I fucking hate the games against that lot. :(