Lens A Tues 3rd Oct 8pm Champs Lge matchday 2

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Lens A Tues 3rd Oct 8pm Champs Lge matchday 2

Post by Gunner Rob »

The bookies for once haven’t cottoned on how shit we are.
Unbelievably despite the loss last night we are still the 8/1 4th favourites to WIN the Champions League :lol:

Realistically we probably should be about 50/1 to win our group

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:14 am
Unbelievably despite the loss last night we are still the 8/1 4th favourites to WIN the Champions League :lol:

We will either come 3rd (pray we do) or scrape through before getting dicked by anyone in the knockouts. 8-1 is ridiculous

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:38 pm
Not quite as easy as it looks to getting to the final of a European competition is it

I see what you did there :wink: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

I only seen the goals last night cos was at my lads gaelic match, but I;m neither shocked nor bothered

The thing about the fcuk up for the first goal is partially our own fault (the fans I mean) - I have frequently bemoaned the fact that nowadays keepers seem to be judged first and foremost on their ability to play like an outfield player, and its like that regular stuff like actually making saves is irrelevant :roll: Pep and klopp started this shite and the media have bought into 1000% and now gobshite fans all want a player with the skill of zidane playing as their keeper - the players arent stupid and they know that they are being judged on this more than anything else so they then take chances whilst trying to appear to be a maestro with the ball at their feet, but the problem is that there arent too many ederson's and alissons in this world, and the rest of the clubs are getting stuck with inferior quality. For years de gea was a quality keeper for the manc scum, but they turned on him cos he wasnt pele with the ball at his feet, and now they are stuck with a donkey who can neither save nor pass :roll: :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thierry giving his views on the Defeat to Lens , also about Saka now out Injured.

He doesn't actually 'Go in' on Arteta for the Saka injury, but you can read between the lines what he is thinking or perhaps implying; that Saka has been played too often without rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiTh8UVrBDE

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:14 am

Maybe they mean the Europa Cup! Because there is NO Way we are gaining to get that close to the CL Final :? :cry:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

City have to be favorites. I don't think Bayern are as strong as they were, although Kane would obviously get a pen against us! Madrid and Barça are not as strong as they have been in recent years either.
Thing is, if we played as well as we can do, we can beat any of those but we're not consistent. We can drop a 'Lens' performance at any time :banghead:
But if it all came together and Arteta actually rotated sensibly*..... We could do well.

*Bob Hope and no hope of that!!! :roll:

John F

Post by John F »

augie wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:52 am
I only seen the goals last night cos was at my lads gaelic match, but I;m neither shocked nor bothered

The thing about the fcuk up for the first goal is partially our own fault (the fans I mean) - I have frequently bemoaned the fact that nowadays keepers seem to be judged first and foremost on their ability to play like an outfield player, and its like that regular stuff like actually making saves is irrelevant :roll: Pep and klopp started this shite and the media have bought into 1000% and now gobshite fans all want a player with the skill of zidane playing as their keeper - the players arent stupid and they know that they are being judged on this more than anything else so they then take chances whilst trying to appear to be a maestro with the ball at their feet, but the problem is that there arent too many ederson's and alissons in this world, and the rest of the clubs are getting stuck with inferior quality. For years de gea was a quality keeper for the manc scum, but they turned on him cos he wasnt pele with the ball at his feet, and now they are stuck with a donkey who can neither save nor pass :roll: :oops:
Spot on. I have no idea whether Seaman, Lukic, Jennings, or Rimmer were any good at passing the ball out and I watched them countless times. If they were absolutely crap at it I might have remembered but it was never discussed where I stood. Does anyone know If Gordon Banks or Peter Shilton were any good at passing out?. The only other thing I can remember Shilton doing with his ball apart from the usual Goalkeeping stuff was showing it to Tina.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

John F wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:18 pm

Spot on. I have no idea whether Seaman, Lukic, Jennings, or Rimmer were any good at passing the ball out and I watched them countless times. If they were absolutely crap at it I might have remembered but it was never discussed where I stood. Does anyone know If Gordon Banks or Peter Shilton were any good at passing out?. The only other thing I can remember Shilton doing with his ball apart from the usual Goalkeeping stuff was showing it to Tina.
Jennings was very good with the ball at his feet often coming out with the ball and being a sweeper. Partly because he played GAA and was comfortable outside his area.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:23 pm
City have to be favorites. I don't think Bayern are as strong as they were, although Kane would obviously get a pen against us! Madrid and Barça are not as strong as they have been in recent years either.
Thing is, if we played as well as we can do, we can beat any of those but we're not consistent. We can drop a 'Lens' performance at any time :banghead:
But if it all came together and Arteta actually rotated sensibly*..... We could do well.

*Bob Hope and no hope of that!!! :roll:
:rubchin:

You wouldn't watch or be a fan of "The Detectorists" by any chance would you? 8)