THE Arsenal vs Man City H Sun Oct 8th 16:30. Prem.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: THE Arsenal vs Man City H Sun Oct 8th 16:30. Prem.

Post by Gunner Rob »

Ok fair enough - 2 weakened sides.

We are at home …we should get at least a point OR at the very least make the game competitive.

Another tame surrender really would show we are going backwards again.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:47 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:44 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:07 am
Loving the positivity here..

:lol: :lol:

Actually think we'll draw this, mainly because they're missing Rodri and KDB, 2-2 would be my guess.

Defeat would completely deflate our season so we need to avoid this.
I’m still not convinced we will get a point BUT you make a valid point about City being weakened. If we don’t get at least a draw today then we might as well get rid of Arteta now because the reality is he won’t get a better chance than today.
Well... Yes and No... Martinelli being out and Saka - Don't know if he will play or not, But is nowhere near at 50% - so whilst they have 2 Big players missing so do we... and then of course there is Timber who would have(I hope) been Immense as a LB. I am not disagreeing with you, but they have a weakened side as do we.

Something tells me there will be 'Hand Bags' am someone will get Red Carded...hopefully one of theirs...
Don’t be so sure that Martinelli and Saka are out :wink: :barscarf:

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:35 pm
Ok fair enough - 2 weakened sides.

We are at home …we should get at least a point OR at the very least make the game competitive.

Another tame surrender really would show we are going backwards again.
We lost twice to them last season. And that is when we were going forward? The reality is, is that this is a mental problem as much as it is anything else. Is there anyone in this squad who will give a stirring team talk, be a leader, have the ability to fire the team up? The answer is no. On the contrary, I expect Odegaard, the captain, to go missing after about 20 minutes. We'll fall behind and then we'll get the inexplicable, nonsensical changes in the 2nd half when we start chasing the game. And then fall further behind. But it's City, so it's ok.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Is there anyone in this squad who will give a stirring team talk, be a leader, have the ability to fire the team up
Biggus Deccus but he's not technically the captain and won't want to step on Odes toes so to speak. Rice should be captain.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:20 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:47 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:44 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:07 am
Loving the positivity here..

:lol: :lol:

Actually think we'll draw this, mainly because they're missing Rodri and KDB, 2-2 would be my guess.

Defeat would completely deflate our season so we need to avoid this.
I’m still not convinced we will get a point BUT you make a valid point about City being weakened. If we don’t get at least a draw today then we might as well get rid of Arteta now because the reality is he won’t get a better chance than today.
Well... Yes and No... Martinelli being out and Saka - Don't know if he will play or not, But is nowhere near at 50% - so whilst they have 2 Big players missing so do we... and then of course there is Timber who would have(I hope) been Immense as a LB. I am not disagreeing with you, but they have a weakened side as do we.

Something tells me there will be 'Hand Bags' am someone will get Red Carded...hopefully one of theirs...
Don’t be so sure that Martinelli and Saka are out :wink: :barscarf:
I hope you are right mate, we have missed Martinelli's Toil, Pace and Endeavour badly.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

No saka,Martinelli on the bench

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:04 pm
Is there anyone in this squad who will give a stirring team talk, be a leader, have the ability to fire the team up
Biggus Deccus but he's not technically the captain and won't want to step on Odes toes so to speak. Rice should be captain.

100% :high5:

Thing is that stubborn streak that Arteta has that sadly reminds me of Wenker won't allow himself to be shown as being wrong; not that it would be (Wrong) just that a player with better abilities to Captain the team has come into the squad.

Especially as I don't see Rice hiding or going missing even when he isn't having the best of games, whereas we've all witness Odegaard becoming invisible when we have needed him in the big games the most to Step Up. :?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨Full Arsenal XI:

David Raya (GK), William Saliba, Ben White, Gabriel Magalhães, Oleksandr Zinchenko, Martin Odegaard (C), Jorginho, Declan Rice, Gabriel Jesus, Eddie Nketiah, Leandro Trossard.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:17 pm
No saka,Martinelli on the bench
Damn!

No surprise really I guess, Extremely Bad Player Management of Saka by Arteta and the Coaching / Medical Teams and so now we may well pay the price.

:banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:20 pm
🚨Full Arsenal XI:

David Raya (GK), William Saliba, Ben White, Gabriel Magalhães, Oleksandr Zinchenko, Martin Odegaard (C), Jorginho, Declan Rice, Gabriel Jesus, Eddie Nketiah, Leandro Trossard.
Missing our 2 best attacking players but at least Klive isn't starting. :?

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Powder puff front three and no pace in midfield. Don’t expect to score today lads.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Totally serves Arteta right for picking Saka in midweek.
To go into the biggest league game of the season without your best player is really bad management.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

City still available at 7/5 to win the match

I can’t even see us scoring now

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If they score early doors things could get ugly as they defend really well and hit us on the break. :? :banghead:

We MUST Keep it "Tighter" than Kylie's minge at the back.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Yet again no ESR or Nelson, shows them and us he has no faith in them by picking Eddie over them.

Havertz on bench curious.. we could have had a £65m striker instead of a bench warmer. 🙄🙄