THE Arsenal vs Man City H Sun Oct 8th 16:30. Prem.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

THE Arsenal vs Man City H Sun Oct 8th 16:30. Prem.

Post by OneBardGooner »

Okay so we've got this lot at Home on Sunday 8th October - Kick-Off 16:30pm.

We play tonight away to Lens - They play tomorrow night Away to RB Leipzig; which hopefully won't be the usual 'walk in the park' for them... and who knows perhaps they'll get a few more injuries.

So an extra days recovery time for us. (Every Lidl helps!) :D

They made mugs of us last season, though we did have some vital players missing, especially Saliba. We beat them in the Charity Shield so hopefully providing Arteta Doesn't Tinker or do anything equally as foolish with the squad we stand a very decent chance of Winning.

Unfortunately Martinelli; one of our best, if not our best attacking option is a Big Miss, so with any luck Trossard will get picked ahead of havertz; though of course seeing as Arteta manufactured his first goal via a penalty against Bournemouth it is now highly likely Havertz will start. :roll:

The Fans can play a Huge part in this...We need to come out of the blocks Fast right from the beginning and stay solid in midfield and at the back...Rice will be of huge importance in this, especially as they have Rhodri and De Bruyne missing.

Heart says 3 - 1 to THE Arsenal
Head says 2 - 1 to THE Arsenal

#COYG :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Re: THE Arsenal vs man city H Sun Oct 8th 16:30. Prem.

Post by DB10GOONER »

This is a big test for Oirish Deckers. It's one thing to look good against the minnows, but can he replicate it against Oil Bastards FC?

My money is on yes he can. I hope. :wink:

Would love to beat these pimped nobodies but it's a tough ask. :box:

2-1 to us with VAR making a huge fuck up at some point. :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

We don't stand a fucking chance against these lot even if they have an off day.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Forget it

1-4

This helmet has lost the plot completely and this leaderless ragbag XI are going to cop the usual bottlejob hiding against the team Wolves worst XI in a decade just rolled over

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB, can you capitalise the “m” and the “c” in the title? It’s driving my OCD nuts! :shock: :shock: :lol:

Re the game, we are going to get violated worse than Harvey Weinstein‘s secretary.

John F

Post by John F »

We always have one of those months where it all collapses. I have a feeling it is going to be October this season. 0-2

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I can see this being a turdholing :cry: 1-3 or 1-4 I think

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

City odds against to win this - bet of the season.
We have absolutely no hope of winning this ( I hope I am proved wrong but I’m pretty sure I won’t be)

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:49 pm
City odds against to win this - bet of the season.
We have absolutely no hope of winning this ( I hope I am proved wrong but I’m pretty sure I won’t be)
Just checked and they are 7/5 in places :shock: fuck me with our record against them that is buying money surely :rubchin:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

A couple of early half chances for us, 10 continuous minutes of the Super Mik Arteta chant, then silence after they score with their first meaningful attack and then finish us off early in the 2nd half followed by lots of clueless sideways passing

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:02 pm
A couple of early half chances for us, 10 continuous minutes of the Super Mik Arteta chant, then silence after they score with their first meaningful attack and then finish us off early in the 2nd half followed by lots of clueless sideways passing
Saka will start on crutches and ESR will be sent on after 93 minutes to shit miracles when it's 1-4

Rinse and repeat till 2028

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

:lol: :lol:

I can't fucking help it, but I love this place when things implode on the pitch. This forum was the only place that kept me going (just) during the long, drawn out, darkest Wenger years. As pissed off and fucking furious as I'd be with the Old Fraud and the inept senior management of the club, the gallows humour on here was always fantastic. As grim as things could get, there were always things on here that would make me laugh out loud, even back when I would read the forum, but hadn't joined it.

This thread is already starting to go through the gears and I've been having a chuckle at the comments. No matter what chaps, there's something about Arsenal supporters, we have that streak of grim resignation and low expectations and the ability to make it humourous. I remember reading Fever Pitch when it first came out and although Hornby is older than me, it seems that we started going to games at about the same time. He explains that his parents were going through a divorce and his dad, who was a Chelsea supporter, decided to take him to football one weekend. Chelsea were away, so he reluctantly takes the kid to the Arsenal. The club had been through some barren years and the team wasn't too clever and Hornby says that the downbeat, unexpectant, resigned manner of the supporters chimed with his own homelife at that time and against his old man's wishes, Hornby was smitten by the Arsenal bug. He describes that drab first game against Stoke, where we won with a penalty from Terry Neill, which the keeper (Gordon Banks) saved, but Neill scored from the rebound. I was at that fucking game. Hornby is right about the atmosphere in those days and the fatalistic nature of the supporters and it does seem to be in our DNA.

Forgive the story, but just my way of highlighting who we are....don't change fellas, I fucking love it.

As for the game on Sunday, of course we'll fucking lose. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:28 pm
DB, can you capitalise the “m” and the “c” in the title? It’s driving my OCD nuts! :shock: :shock: :lol:

Re the game, we are going to get violated worse than Harvey Weinstein‘s secretary.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just for you... I have edited the title thread.. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Re: THE Arsenal vs Man City H Sun Oct 8th 16:30. Prem.

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:47 pm
Okay so we've got this lot at Home on Sunday 8th October - Kick-Off 16:30pm.

We play tonight away to Lens - They play tomorrow night Away to RB Leipzig; which hopefully won't be the usual 'walk in the park' for them... and who knows perhaps they'll get a few more injuries.

So an extra days recovery time for us. (Every Lidl helps!) :D

They made mugs of us last season, though we did have some vital players missing, especially Saliba. We beat them in the Charity Shield so hopefully providing Arteta Doesn't Tinker or do anything equally as foolish with the squad we stand a very decent chance of Winning.

Unfortunately Martinelli; one of our best, if not our best attacking option is a Big Miss, so with any luck Trossard will get picked ahead of havertz; though of course seeing as Arteta manufactured his first goal via a penalty against Bournemouth it is now highly likely Havertz will start. :roll:

The Fans can play a Huge part in this...We need to come out of the blocks Fast right from the beginning and stay solid in midfield and at the back...Rice will be of huge importance in this, especially as they have Rhodri and De Bruyne missing.

Heart says 3 - 1 to THE Arsenal
Head says 2 - 1 to THE Arsenal

#COYG :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Having witnessed Last Nights Total Fiasco against Lens... The now seemingly Long Term injury to Saka... we are fucked...

and Man City will steam Roller us into submission..

Heart says 1- 2
Head says: 1 - 5

:wailer: :wailer: :wailer:

mcdowell42

Re: THE Arsenal vs Man City H Sun Oct 8th 16:30. Prem.

Post by mcdowell42 »

Both teams to score ,city to win 10/3 with PP