THE Arsenal vs Man City H Sun Oct 8th 16:30. Prem.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: THE Arsenal vs Man City H Sun Oct 8th 16:30. Prem.

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:34 pm
As Rodders correctly said Oliver the ref gave 2 Yellow cards to Martinelli within 20 Seconds of each other for 2 innocuous reasons let season yet specifically decided Not to give a Red Card to Kovacic for a Shin High Dangerous challenge on Odegaard and then 2 minutes later he lunges in on Rice who doesn't go down easy by any means and waved it away... It was on par with the giving off-side to the Bin Dippers last week but will he be 'stood down' :roll: for any length of time? Will he bollocks.

There are too many reffing wrong decisions going against us for it to be coincidence.

On a side note I had to drive some 180 miles early today to visit a relative (on their last legs sadly) BUT usually I would play music etc on such a long drive but decided to play the BBC5Live Commentary of yesterday's game and they had the ex-manure GK Peter Schmeichel as the pundit; you know the same RacistCUNT that called Ian Wright some derogatory names (1997? ) when the teams were headed down the tunnel...Anyway - Why is it when ever we play an important game the BBC always dig up an ex-player to be the pundit when that player has an Anti-Arsenal bias.

Every other (Punditry) comment was a vague dig at Arsenal from the DullardCUNT - I say Dullard because he really does speak like someone who's had a Lobotomy.

It's bad enough with Sly and their Media Love-in for the Scum, The Victims and manure... but this is just yet another version of the Media & Broadcasters not being Neutral.

:proudtosay:
I cannot understand how that cúnt has been allowed anywhere near the media after what he said to Ian Wright. It was all covered up at the time by the press and FA because they didn't want to upset Ferguscum and couldn't be bothered to deal with it all. Racism was just a bit of a laugh and banter or whatever back then. Almost like Wright and other black players deserved it by just existing. Wrighty mentions it in his most recent autobiography and says that it was all shut down and nobody cared even though they all knew what that fucking cúnt had said to him. Very much like that kerb-crawling sex offender, Pleat, it's fucking disgusting how the BBC or whoever continue to employ him. Fucking piece of shit.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:21 am
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:36 am
Look at the soft as fuck red card Tomi got at Palace and compare it to the shit that went down yesterday - absolute joke.

Luckily we’ve won all 3 games they’ve tried to screw us in this season - Palace, Everton and yesterday but at this rate it’s only a matter of time before they do us.
It was horrendous. Absolutely appalling from the referee. I'm wiling to put money on the fact that they decided in advance that after last week, they weren't going to send anyone off unless it was something like a fight or pulling the a man down when clean through. That was one of the clearest second bookings you will ever see and he didn't want to give it, knowing full well that nobody could do anything about it. These are the decisions that need more scrutiny because they are the ones which slip under the radar and the ones which can have a huge impact on matches. We should have been playing against ten for an hour and they should have him suspended for the next game. I fucking thrilled we won against eleven and the ref because it keeps the focus on our win rather than the ref but this cúnt needs suspending for incompetence.

Not only was he the ref :censored: that booked Martinelli twice within 30 seconds
He was living it up in the UAE last week refereeing……Anyone know who City are owned by ? :rubchin:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:19 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:34 pm
As Rodders correctly said Oliver the ref gave 2 Yellow cards to Martinelli within 20 Seconds of each other for 2 innocuous reasons let season yet specifically decided Not to give a Red Card to Kovacic for a Shin High Dangerous challenge on Odegaard and then 2 minutes later he lunges in on Rice who doesn't go down easy by any means and waved it away... It was on par with the giving off-side to the Bin Dippers last week but will he be 'stood down' :roll: for any length of time? Will he bollocks.

There are too many reffing wrong decisions going against us for it to be coincidence.

On a side note I had to drive some 180 miles early today to visit a relative (on their last legs sadly) BUT usually I would play music etc on such a long drive but decided to play the BBC5Live Commentary of yesterday's game and they had the ex-manure GK Peter Schmeichel as the pundit; you know the same RacistCUNT that called Ian Wright some derogatory names (1997? ) when the teams were headed down the tunnel...Anyway - Why is it when ever we play an important game the BBC always dig up an ex-player to be the pundit when that player has an Anti-Arsenal bias.

Every other (Punditry) comment was a vague dig at Arsenal from the DullardCUNT - I say Dullard because he really does speak like someone who's had a Lobotomy.

It's bad enough with Sly and their Media Love-in for the Scum, The Victims and manure... but this is just yet another version of the Media & Broadcasters not being Neutral.

:proudtosay:
I cannot understand how that cúnt has been allowed anywhere near the media after what he said to Ian Wright. It was all covered up at the time by the press and FA because they didn't want to upset Ferguscum and couldn't be bothered to deal with it all. Racism was just a bit of a laugh and banter or whatever back then. Almost like Wright and other black players deserved it by just existing. Wrighty mentions it in his most recent autobiography and says that it was all shut down and nobody cared even though they all knew what that fucking cúnt had said to him. Very much like that kerb-crawling sex offender, Pleat, it's fucking disgusting how the BBC or whoever continue to employ him. Fucking piece of shit.

I think it might be in the job description as ‘desirable but not essential ‘ to be a kerb-crawling sex offender to get a job at the Beeb.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I was actually really impressed with Schemichel yesterday. I was listening to him on 5 live on my walk down to the pub yesterday and on my walk back.

Both times very complimentary about the Arsenal. I suppose it dates back to the great rivalry between the clubs 20 years ago

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:15 pm
Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:21 am
rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:36 am
Look at the soft as fuck red card Tomi got at Palace and compare it to the shit that went down yesterday - absolute joke.

Luckily we’ve won all 3 games they’ve tried to screw us in this season - Palace, Everton and yesterday but at this rate it’s only a matter of time before they do us.
It was horrendous. Absolutely appalling from the referee. I'm wiling to put money on the fact that they decided in advance that after last week, they weren't going to send anyone off unless it was something like a fight or pulling the a man down when clean through. That was one of the clearest second bookings you will ever see and he didn't want to give it, knowing full well that nobody could do anything about it. These are the decisions that need more scrutiny because they are the ones which slip under the radar and the ones which can have a huge impact on matches. We should have been playing against ten for an hour and they should have him suspended for the next game. I fucking thrilled we won against eleven and the ref because it keeps the focus on our win rather than the ref but this cúnt needs suspending for incompetence.

Not only was he the ref :censored: that booked Martinelli twice within 30 seconds
He was living it up in the UAE last week refereeing……Anyone know who City are owned by ? :rubchin:
Fucking ridiculous isn't it. So fucking full of corruption and they don't even fucking care. Out there, lunch or dinner in the all expenses paid hotel with a man who works for Prince so and so. "His Highness is very keen on football and would be very willing to make more contributions to your chosen 'charities' if you make sure his team has every advantage and that you don't make any, let's call them 'unfortunate decisions' against his players. Does he make himself clear? He can make sure that the charity you chose is based right here in our tax-free country in an account at one of our very own banks and he'll ensure that nobody knows anything about how much that charity receives from us every week. Now, shall I book the family in for a little holiday over the winter? All on his Highness' personal expenses, of course."

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Apparently the Refs were 'Given' (As a 'Thank-You' for all their Hard Work) Rolex's and £10k a GAME!.. Plus all kinds of travel expenses and free Bling and Clothes etc...Wined and Dined (ETC :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: )

Makes you want to Puke! :puke:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Pony game from both sides, but something stood out for me. I fully expected us to get beaten as usual against this lot, for the very reason that I was talking about last season....namely that we play a very similar style of football as City, but less well and with lesser players. However, Arteta has so far refused to adjust our style for the game and has insisted on taking them on in a toe to toe, purist fashion. Wenger used to do exactly the same thing in the same stubborn manner and got the same duff results.

I think the analogy I used previously was that it was like two classical boxers going up against each other, where the more gifted will always win. Teams that have done reasonably well against City have, or employ a different style for the game and tend to sit deep and spring occasional fast attacks, with strikers that can finish half chances, which we definitely don't fucking have. To continue the boxing analogy, it's the classical boxer against the slugger, who can absorb the shots and might be able to land a couple of heavy rights to KO the other guy.

While we didn't exactly spring fast attacks with lethal strikers :roll: , at least on this occasion we played a less expansive game and sat deeper and made sure to get into a good, tight defensive position. We offered little threat, but City posed little threat in return, which enabled us to stay in the game and nick a deflected winner. Maybe, just maybe, Arteta had learnt something and approached it differently, but I'll wait for the game at their place before getting carried away about that.

As for our boys, the two centre halves were top notch, which goes to show how fucking ridiculous the decision to bench Gabriel was at the start of the season. He and Saliba make a good partnership, which will only improve the longer they play together. Gabriel gets some stick on here, but I've always like him and he always gives 100%. Saliba is quality and if we can keep him at the club, that partnership can run and run for years.

Rice was solid and strong in centre mid, something we haven't had for years. give him a top level partner and we're in buisness. Martinelli made a big difference and in my book is a more important player than Saka (who I also rate highly).

The game showed again how desperately we need a proper goal scoring striker. We all knew it was vital to add one in the summer, but Arteta was never going to do that and sadly, I doubt he will in Jan. It will be our undoing.

As for Raya, fuck me, he better get his finger out a bit sharpish, or we need to put Ramsdale back in...which is quite a statement from me! I knew fuck all about Raya, but the reports were positive, so I'll give him another 2 or 3 games, but very iffy so far.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:20 pm
Pony game from both sides, but something stood out for me. I fully expected us to get beaten as usual against this lot, for the very reason that I was talking about last season....namely that we play a very similar style of football as City, but less well and with lesser players. However, Arteta has so far refused to adjust our style for the game and has insisted on taking them on in a toe to toe, purist fashion. Wenger used to do exactly the same thing in the same stubborn manner and got the same duff results.

I think the analogy I used previously was that it was like two classical boxers going up against each other, where the more gifted will always win. Teams that have done reasonably well against City have, or employ a different style for the game and tend to sit deep and spring occasional fast attacks, with strikers that can finish half chances, which we definitely don't fucking have. To continue the boxing analogy, it's the classical boxer against the slugger, who can absorb the shots and might be able to land a couple of heavy rights to KO the other guy.

While we didn't exactly spring fast attacks with lethal strikers :roll: , at least on this occasion we played a less expansive game and sat deeper and made sure to get into a good, tight defensive position. We offered little threat, but City posed little threat in return, which enabled us to stay in the game and nick a deflected winner. Maybe, just maybe, Arteta had learnt something and approached it differently, but I'll wait for the game at their place before getting carried away about that.

As for our boys, the two centre halves were top notch, which goes to show how fucking ridiculous the decision to bench Gabriel was at the start of the season. He and Saliba make a good partnership, which will only improve the longer they play together. Gabriel gets some stick on here, but I've always like him and he always gives 100%. Saliba is quality and if we can keep him at the club, that partnership can run and run for years.

Rice was solid and strong in centre mid, something we haven't had for years. give him a top level partner and we're in buisness. Martinelli made a big difference and in my book is a more important player than Saka (who I also rate highly).

The game showed again how desperately we need a proper goal scoring striker. We all knew it was vital to add one in the summer, but Arteta was never going to do that and sadly, I doubt he will in Jan. It will be our undoing.

As for Raya, fuck me, he better get his finger out a bit sharpish, or we need to put Ramsdale back in...which is quite a statement from me! I knew fuck all about Raya, but the reports were positive, so I'll give him another 2 or 3 games, but very iffy so far.
Good post , agree with all!

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

https://twitter.com/rafsenal/status/1711494979003015644

Limbs in the North Bank. Definitely the place to be when a big goal is scored.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:

It reminded me of a Chess Game in that we were far more cautious with the ball and only started attacks when the whole team were in place so that we couldn't get hit on the break. Maybe Arteta is learning at long last!

Saliba & Gabriel were Awesome and Rice was also (All three contenders for MOTM).

What a difference it would make IF we had a Proper Striker instead of the in-effective Nketiah. :?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:25 am
Retro Gunner wrote:

It reminded me of a Chess Game in that we were far more cautious with the ball and only started attacks when the whole team were in place so that we couldn't get hit on the break. Maybe Arteta is learning at long last!

Saliba & Gabriel were Awesome and Rice was also (All three contenders for MOTM).

What a difference it would make IF we had a Proper Striker instead of the in-effective Nketiah. :?

Indeed it would OBG, an absolutely vital difference. It's a huge missing piece of the jigsaw.

We all have a soft spot for Eddie because he's one of ours, but he's Championship level. Jesus is a good technical footballer, but we all knew he wasn't a natural goalscorer when we signed him. He also tends to run up blind alleys and spends too much time on his arse appealing to the ref.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:

Superb post mate. Nailed it all. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:47 am
https://twitter.com/rafsenal/status/1711494979003015644

Limbs in the North Bank. Definitely the place to be when a big goal is scored.
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nothing better than a good jostle (as we called it in my day) and the old NB at THOF saw a lot of them over the years. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

THE Arsenal 1 v mancky $hitty NIL ! Benchcam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXYatvoUmEk

:barscarf:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:11 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:25 am
Retro Gunner wrote:

Indeed it would OBG, an absolutely vital difference. It's a huge missing piece of the jigsaw.

We all have a soft spot for Eddie because he's one of ours
I don't!

He's another chav reject to be honest.