Sevilla A Champs lge matchday 3 Tues October 24th KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: Sevilla A Champs lge matchday 3 Tues October 24th KO 8pm

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:16 pm
I know we rode our luck a bit at the end there with that fucking stupid Raya punch but that was the type of Champions League game that we would have nothing from when we were last in it. We'd have scored and then let then back in to win it. I know it wasn't the hardest opposition but they're a good side at home with years of European experience and we won there without too much drama. Took our chances and looked decent up front with Martinelli and Jesus. Saka had an OK night but Rice gets better and better and more effective every game.
He is deceptively quick too once he gets into his stride

Get a decent replacement in for Partey / Jorginho and Toney in the Jan window and we could yet surprise us all :shock:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Lads, I spent from 6pm until about 20 mins ago getting pissed in a boozer that doesn’t have a telly.

I heard, en route home, Raya didn’t play well. How bad was it - and the game in general?

On the plus side, I’m very drunk. It took me a good five mins to type this shite. :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:32 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:27 pm
Keown just said only one player has carried the ball more than Rice in the cl this season, that's Rodri
Yo! Lefty where you been mate!?

Hope all is Okay?. :cheers:
All good brother, how are you mate

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

One of the best away European trips I have been on, capped with a win albeit more of a struggle than it should have been.

But these trips are a great way to see other cities, Sevilla just about ticks every box for a CL venue had some amazing food over the last few days. Beer prices didn't make you feel you had been rinsed as is the case before every home game these days. It even pissed down to make us feel at home!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:09 am
One of the best away European trips I have been on, capped with a win albeit more of a struggle than it should have been.

But these trips are a great way to see other cities, Sevilla just about ticks every box for a CL venue had some amazing food over the last few days. Beer prices didn't make you feel you had been rinsed as is the case before every home game these days. It even pissed down to make us feel at home!
Saw a few shirtless Gooners was it warm mate?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:33 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:32 pm
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:27 pm
Keown just said only one player has carried the ball more than Rice in the cl this season, that's Rodri
Yo! Lefty where you been mate!?

Hope all is Okay?. :cheers:
All good brother, how are you mate
:cheers: :wink:

But time for one of your visits to the Jokes Threads mate! :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:

Excellent stuff Nutty. Glad you had a good trip. :barscarf:

As much as I loved going over to Highbury, it's the Euro away days I miss almost as much over the last couple seasons. Seeing a new city, trying new food and beer, seeing the sights. Loved it. 8)

wibble

Post by wibble »

Only been to a handful of European away games myself. I knew the last one was a while back and just googled the match-2012!
Sadly that was the 4-0 trouncing from Milan! Still, the beer etc made for a good trip. But not as good as the away trips where we win obviously!

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

nut flush gooner wrote:

Glad the trip was enjoyable Nut flush

I’ve not been abroad with AFC since Paris 06 😭

Did a few back in the day - Austria Vienna & Benfica
Torino, PSG and Parma at Copenhagen
Zaragoza in Paris 😢
Barca in Paris 😭

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

wibble wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:02 pm
Only been to a handful of European away games myself. I knew the last one was a while back and just googled the match-2012!
Sadly that was the 4-0 trouncing from Milan! Still, the beer etc made for a good trip. But not as good as the away trips where we win obviously!

I was there for that one wibble. Fucking freezing and snow laying everywhere in Milan. That was as bad a performance as I've seen from an Arsenal side...ranks with another two or three I can think of. Arteta was playing that night and had a stinker, but so did everyone else.

We went 3-0 up before half time in the 2nd leg and we thought the comeback was on, but then I don't think we registered a shot in the second half! Only a Wenger side could have managed that....and maybe an El Basque side. :oops:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:26 pm
wibble wrote:

I was there for that one wibble. Fucking freezing and snow laying everywhere in Milan. That was as bad a performance as I've seen from an Arsenal side...ranks with another two or three I can think of. Arteta was playing that night and had a stinker, but so did everyone else.

We went 3-0 up before half time in the 2nd leg and we thought the comeback was on, but then I don't think we registered a shot in the second half! Only a Wenger side could have managed that....and maybe an El Basque side. :oops:
Van Persie missed a glorious chance to equalise from very very close range but hit the keeper …..

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:51 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

As much as I loved going over to Highbury, it's the Euro away days I miss almost as much over the last couple seasons. Seeing a new city, trying new food and beer, seeing the sights, shagging the local transvestites! Loved it. 8)
:shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:05 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:26 pm
wibble wrote:

Van Persie missed a glorious chance to equalise from very very close range but hit the keeper …..

Can’t recall that Stuart, but I’m not doubting it. All I remember is a complete damp squib, non event of a second half, when we needed only one goal to level the tie, but appeared to play with no verve or ambition, despite the brilliant first 45.

It was hugely disappointing. Might as well have gone for it and risked conceding than go out with a whimper.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:07 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:51 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:

As much as I loved going over to Highbury, it's the Euro away days I miss almost as much over the last couple seasons. Seeing a new city, trying new food and beer, seeing the sights, shagging the local transvestites! Loved it. 8)
:shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol:

You little Ewok vagina monkeys be twistin' my words an' ting. You feel me blud. Brrraaappp Brrraaappp ! Respeck me an' ting innit. :box: :wink:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Jesus nominated for goal of the week in Europe

Along with player of the week in Europe

You can vote for him through the link from arsenal.com

https://www.arsenal.com/news/jesus-nomi ... Cqjhe5oLkk