Sevilla A Champs lge matchday 3 Tues October 24th KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Sevilla A Champs lge matchday 3 Tues October 24th KO 8pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up after our get out of jail job yesterday it's a trip to southern Spain in the cup well never win.As always with us it could be anything..well probably play shite and get the chorizo up our fartbox :oops: 2-1 Sevilla.

BobbyPires7

Re: Sevilla A Champs lge matchday 3 Tues October 24th KO 8pm

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I reckon we are in the Europa after the group.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

After losing to the mighty Lens (1 point above the drop zone in France), come Spain's 13th best team who are hellbent on dropping into the EL so they can win it again

Our record in Europe before Arteta was shameful enough, but his is nothing short of disgraceful.
We just can't do it in Europe and I'm not expecting much here

Hope I'm wrong of course, but can see an excitable crowd and no doubt a home ref getting to us and going down 2-0

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Sevilla ended a run of four successive home defeats to Real Madrid in a pulsating 1-1 draw at the Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan. Diego Alonso’s first match in charge of the UEFA Europa League champions saw the hosts become just the second side to prevent Los Blancos from winning this season.

New manager bounce !

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:07 pm
Sevilla ended a run of four successive home defeats to Real Madrid in a pulsating 1-1 draw at the Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan. Diego Alonso’s first match in charge of the UEFA Europa League champions saw the hosts become just the second side to prevent Los Blancos from winning this season.

New manager bounce !
New manager :rubchin: I think I'll away and check the prices :rubchin: Surely they must be worth a dabble especially in the handicap

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Classy lot making monkey gestures at Vinicius Jr. at the weekend.

Hopefully we stuff the c.unts but I wouldn’t be putting too much money on it. Would take a point and run now if offered it.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Fucking hell and i though I was a negative old bastard.

I'm going for the win here.

3-1 to the Arsenal

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:56 pm
After losing to the mighty Lens (1 point above the drop zone in France), come Spain's 13th best team who are hellbent on dropping into the EL so they can win it again

Our record in Europe before Arteta was shameful enough, but his is nothing short of disgraceful.

Hope I'm wrong of course, but can see an excitable crowd and no doubt a home ref getting to us and going down 2-0
steady on - we haven't kicked off in the match yet!

(although I am expecting a defeat here)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:41 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

When you get knocked out of Europe by the likes of Olympiacos, Sporting and Villareal, and duffed up by the likes of Lens, that is a disgraceful record even before a ball has been kicked in this one. Last season's loss at PSV was shameful too. We used to go ape at Wenger for the rinsings we used to get against Bayern and Barca but at least they were top teams. These days we are fair game against anyone in Europe

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

We will lose this.

We've spent 25 years struggling against average to good European teams and it's now in our DNA. Sevilla exactly the sort of side we have trouble against and our form this season gives me no reason not to expect our usual, no show performance. Our misfiring strikers (if you can call them strikers) will get fuck all from no nonsense European centre halves...it was embarrassing how they got bullied at Lens...and our centre mid still offers no cover to our centre backs. As for our fullbacks..... :oops: .

2-0 Sevilla.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:26 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

When you get knocked out of Europe by the likes of Olympiacos, Sporting and Villareal, and duffed up by the likes of Lens, that is a disgraceful record even before a ball has been kicked in this one. Last season's loss at PSV was shameful too. We used to go ape at Wenger for the rinsings we used to get against Bayern and Barca but at least they were top teams. These days we are fair game against anyone in Europe

Agree with this. Wenger Mkll just like his mentor.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Our record in Europe fucking stinks!! I don't expect it to get any better here either.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source BBC:

It sounds like Arteta is coming out with all kinds of nonsense re: Raya and Havertz... he may have genuinely believed he was doing the right thing when he signed them, so far it doesn't seem to be going to plan...Maybe things will improve but at the moment we are nowhere near like the team we were last season..

See what you think:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal

Arteta on Havertz experience, Raya mistakes and Saka leadership role

Mikel Arteta has been speaking to the media before Arsenal's Champions League match against Sevilla on Tuesday.
Here are the key lines from his news conference:
Arteta confirmed that Aaron Ramsdale has travelled as part of the squad for the match.
After David Raya made errors in the draw against Chelsea on Saturday, Arteta doesn't feel he is suffering being in the spotlight since coming in for Ramsdale and just that "mistakes happen" in football.
He added: "That's the pressure of playing for big clubs where you have to win and you have to be at your best and you have someone next to you that is pushing you every single day."
Asked whether he had the Champions League in mind when he signed Kai Havertz, he said it was "one of the reasons" and added: "His quality and the number of things he has already done in his career at his age, and then to improve the starting XI as well because he is a player with tremendous quality that is going to help us to be better."
He confirmed that Bukayo Saka is part of the leadership group after finishing the game at the weekend with the captains armband.
On these players stepping into leadership roles, he said: "I think it's really important for them because the role that they have in way of playing in our team and our club has to be mirrored around the team to make the team grow.
He added: "I think it’s a perfect environment, we have a really good mixture of players and experiences in the group and it’s going to be valuable to spend time with those guys to understand what happens behind the scenes as well."

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:26 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Sorry yes you are right about previous seasons - I thought you just meant the Champions League which is new for Arteta and which it is still too early to judge how we are getting on. One defeat is no big deal at this stage. Lose tomorrow though and he has got problems.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Flew out to Sevilla yesterday, first away CL game in a few years. Absolutely buzzing about this evening, town is a great lots of cheap tapas and beers that aren't eyewateringly expensive. COYG!!!