Flat cap wearing whippet shagging fartpipes H Sat Oct 28th KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: Flat cap wearing whippet shagging fartpipes H Sat Oct 28th KO 3pm

Post by Stuart L (2) »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:52 pm
Ridiculous the way players are forced to defend with their hands behind their backs thanks to the shit show hand ball rule
Worth looking at amputees in the recruitment campaign?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Kingralph wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:28 pm
That Havertz really is shit, isn’t he?
In a word: "Yes".

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:01 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:37 am
Kingralph wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:32 am
I can see us struggling today. It is going to be one of those games where, like Stoke from 10 years ago, they will be overly aggressive without getting any kind of punishment, and we will wilt and cry about it rather than kicking them back.
Targeting Saka and Odegaard for the roughest treatment, of course.

I also fully expect them to score, a shitty, scruffy goal from a set piece, and have us huff and puff, without creating very much at all.
Aaaah! The Orcs of Stoke & Blackburn Rovers eh!? Those were days.... Kicking Arsenal players 6 feet in the air on cold wet Winter's night oop north and the Refs doing sweet FA...whilst Fat Slug cheek wobbling allardyce complained about Arsenal payers gong down easily having just been elbowed in the throat!

Thing is we Do have fighters in our ranks now... Not many but for sure: Gabriel, Tomi, Salibi, Rambo (if he plays) and Rice Rice Baby won't take any shit...

Arsenal win 5 - Nil or 5 - 1 at a pinch... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

:proudtosay: :dance: :D
Well done OBG. My prediction is the precise reason I never bet on Arsenal games :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:52 pm
Raya reminds me of a Pug :lol:

:D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Kingralph wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:15 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:01 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:37 am
Kingralph wrote:
I can see us struggling today. It is going to be one of those games where, like Stoke from 10 years ago, they will be overly aggressive without getting any kind of punishment, and we will wilt and cry about it rather than kicking them back.

I also fully expect them to score, a shitty, scruffy goal from a set piece, and have us huff and puff, without creating very much at all.
Aaaah! The Orcs of Stoke & Blackburn Rovers eh!? Those were days.... Kicking Arsenal players 6 feet in the air on cold wet Winter's night oop north and the Refs doing sweet FA...whilst Fat Slug cheek wobbling allardyce complained about Arsenal payers gong down easily having just been elbowed in the throat!

Thing is we Do have fighters in our ranks now... Not many but for sure: Gabriel, Tomi, Salibi, Rambo (if he plays) and Rice Rice Baby won't take any shit...

Arsenal win 5 - Nil or 5 - 1 at a pinch... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

:proudtosay: :dance: :D
Well done OBG. My prediction is the precise reason I never bet on Arsenal games :D
I think today's scoreline was more down to Luck and Me selling my first born to Satan in a deal for 5 goals! :D :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:06 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:41 am
Kingralph wrote:

I doubt it - this is the type of game where nketieh shines and then the cringy section of our support comes rushing out telling everyone that he is indeed good enough to play for AFC, and el baque tells the world post game that we dont need toney or osimhen cos we have two of the best strikers in the game :roll: :oops:

No doubt we'll win this - it wont be comfortable at times, and it might be a hard watch for long spells, but in the end we will run out comfortable 3-1 or 4-1 winners with nketieh bagging two
Two!!

Bloody hell im happy to come back here later and admit I’m wrong but I just don’t see Nketiah ever scoring 2 goals in a PL game
Oops :oops: :D

Well done Eddie today! - just make sure you perform next Saturday night in Newcastle as well though…

Midz

Post by Midz »

I'm very happy for Nketiah today and have to admit his hattrick was a very good one but I still detest him and would like to see him gone asap.

looking forward to MOTD tonight especially as Chelsea lost, Bwahahahaha!! c.unts!!

Midz

Post by Midz »

That Havertz is really fucking shit! Everything he did today was diabolical or rather shit.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:05 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:50 pm
Ten minutes of injury time because the ref took eight of them looking at a foul on a screen.
I have wondered what happens with the time played on after the incident

A. - if a “ goal” was scored by either team how can it count ?

B - as it was a penalty does time stop and that time get added back on fur the 1/2 mins play carried on ?
For the first question, if it ends up as a goal or penalty or whatever then the goal scored by the opposition in that weird limbo time doesn't count. It happened a few years ago to Bournemouth away to Burnley; a penalty wasn't given, they broke away and scored and it got disallowed because it was taken all the way back to the penalty against them. I'd assum me it would be the same if the same team scored during that period but you just know know VAR would ignore it. I think that's what happened anyway. As for your second question, I have no idea and I don't think the referees do either. They don't even know basic laws of the game so that must be well beyond them.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:07 pm
That Havertz is really fucking shit! Everything he did today was diabolical or rather shit.
Or Diabolical Shit.

He could be forgiven for being nervous and / or unconfident after his time with the Chavs and coming to a Bigger Club, but simply hasn't Turned Up, he doesn't even have a Languid Body Language, he just doesn't move with any purpose, on three separate occasions today Saka passed the ball into space for him to run onto and he DIDN'T fucking MOVE!. As if to say put the ball to my feet or whatever.

Every time he challenges for the ball it is totally half-hearted. To add insult to injury there are players like Trossard, ESR, Jorginho, Reiss Nelson; even Vieira who are desperate to play but remain on the bench and out contention for starting selection whilst he continually gets picked by Arteta. So yes, that is down to the manager and his inability to accept that he fucked up in bringing him to the club, But Havertz or as TeeCee(?) said Havoc just doesn't fit in with the teams playing style, work-rate and tactics and just wanders through the game like one of the Walking Dead.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Good win against an absolutely pathetic side - the worst I think I've ever seen in the PL, and it's now one point from ten games

Havertz was absolutely awful. I've tried defending the bloke but today was his chance against cannon fodder - that was the sort of game where players like Ozil used to turn it on against Mickey Mouse rubbish (before hiding in the big games), but I barely noticed him all game

Raya had fuck all to do but managed some better kicks - aided of course by the fact that the opposition put zero pressure on him for the entire match.

A good confidence booster for Nketiah. In fairness the roll and finish for the first and the shot for the third were fantastic.

We didn't need to break sweat did we and for the likes of ESR and Kiwior, a good chance to get minutes in their legs. Saka didn't especially impress me either and why we didn't give Trossard a go, is beyond me. One can only hope he starts in the League Cup

Bennett

Post by Bennett »

Absolute stroll in the park....didn't get out of second gear, didn't need to!....Sheffield United are fekkin awful! Not a fan of Nketiah but fair play an excellent hatrick.
Smith -Rowe sadly didn't take his chance today, and Havertz (if ever there was a game to show he is a player this was it) was woeful.
Delighted for Tomiyasu and nice to see the loyal Elneny get a few minutes.
Great for goal difference in as one sided a game as i have seen at The Emirates in an awful long time. The Arsenal!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Worth looking at amputees in the recruitment campaign?
I like your thinking mate..... Also throws up some new commercial opportunities.....team shirts AND team vests available......

We could even replace Raya in goal......

Mind you, how would an amputee celebrate scoring? :rubchin:

Midz

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:37 pm
Midz wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:07 pm
Or Diabolical Shit.

But Havertz or as TeeCee(?) said Havoc just doesn't fit in with the teams playing style, work-rate and tactics and just wanders through the game like one of the Walking Dead.
That sums him up precisely. He offers nothing at all.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I watched Havertz closely from the stands. He has literally no drive. Each time he got the ball he wanted to lay it off. He has no pace at all to take a ball and run with it. Hard to know whether it is that he has zero belief. He looks totally bereft.