Brentford bulbeyes A Sat 25th Nov KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: Brentford bulbeyes A Sat 25th Nov KO 1730

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:43 pm
Awful performance, but fuck Brentford, no intention of anything except everyone behind the ball. Got what they deserved, a late loss.

That said, we have been worryingly poor this season and how we're top 4, let alone top of the league is way beyond me. Today we had last season's side with Rice replacing Xhaka, which is a huge upgrade, but we're playing like a different team...why?

We're desperate for a striker worthy of the name, because we ain't got it with Jesus and Eddie. Lovely ball in from Saka for the goal, but that apart, he was as poor as he's been of late. He and Gabi need to be taking full backs on as they used to, but I suspect they're told not to do so.

Odegaard continues to flatter to deceive. Can be mercurial when given time and space, but too easy to mark out of the game. As for the goalkeeping situation, fuck me!

Thought Tomi played very well and centre backs solid enough. Of course I'm glad that Havertz scored, but he offers fuck all in general and El Basque will use the goal to justify the signing and be telling us that this goal is what he can bring to the team. :roll:

Too laboured, too slow and lacking in ideas up front.
Yet we had to make 2 goal line clearances to stop them scoring ( not arguing, just pointing it out )

I’ve said after previous games we are now so hard to watch as the fluidity of last season is just not there.

Yes, we are more solid, harder to beat, give away less chances but we create so little ourselves

We had a fabulous 3 v 1 break and Nketiah fucked up big time.

Potentially another season where City are vulnerable ( strange saying that after a treble) yet we are just not clicking into gear - hopefully saving out best for the second half of the season ?

Hey ho, top, going into December, I will take that all day

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:50 pm
Arteta predictably bigging up Havertz on the TNT interview.
The ArrogantCunt is trying to justify the £68MILLION! :banghead: Even though we ALL know the Chavs Bumholed us and laughed all the way to the bank.

I have been one of Arteta's Biggest supporters on here, but the further we go into the season and the way we are playing... or rather Not playing makes me think he is Not the man for the job. :?

We played shyte for 98% of the game... Rice and Saliba were still excellent and (for me) they kept us in the game...

Arteta has DESTROYED what was left of Rambo's Confidence & (now) Arsenal Career.

He keeps faith with Shyte like Nketiah and Havertz; hence the BIG Back Slaps and pushing him towards the Gooners after the game... Has the man No Pride!? (Arteta not Havertz btw)...

If we continue to play so poorly we will be lucky to end up in the top 4 perhaps even only the top 5 or 6 ... Other teams are playing far better than us:

$hitty
scousers
Villa
Brighton

I know the season is still early(ish) But considering we are meant to be competing in the CL and The FA Cup.... With our bench / squad looking weak...I am not a hopeful as I was at the start of the season... If it wasn't for Rice... we would be 5th or 6th...

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Kingralph wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:55 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:33 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:05 pm
Okay, here's the Plan.

Score a goal - the Winner - In the 89th Minute and then someone SNAP that MaupayCUNT in Half.
As per Meatloaf 2 out of 3 ain’t bad
It was Bryan Adams not Meatloaf. And yes, I hate myself for knowing that.

Sorry Ralph, but it was Meatloaf.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Apart from Rice and maybe Saliba and Gabriel, none of our players are on form and haven't really been so far. I might be being a little unfair on Leo.....but those other players WILL hit form at some time. How annoying must it be for players/fans of other teams seeing us top and yet not playing well or looking convincing? As much as I get really frustrated watching us, I do feel like we have something this season. There isn't another team in the league getting something out of a nothing game like we are this season. We will click at some time and unlike last season when we folded like a pack of cards when it mattered, we may just be hitting form at the right time come March?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Whoever’s been coming up with the chants have been producing absolute bangers of late. First the Saliba one and now Havertz. And both original tunes too and not just nicking someone else’s chant and changing the words.

I doff my cap to whoever’s been up to that magic.

Oh and and more slander of our Nat and I’ll fucking snap :twisted:

Midz

Post by Midz »

That Havertz chant is fucking great innit! :barscarf:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

:D :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Midz wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:31 pm
That Havertz chant is fucking great innit! :barscarf:
A real ear worm which I shall mostly be singing for the rest of the weekend :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:09 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Okay, here's the Plan.

Score a goal - the Winner - In the 89th Minute and then someone SNAP that MaupayCUNT in Half.

You called?

:lol:

wibble

Post by wibble »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:19 pm
I was moaning like fuck about Saka all game but that’s why you leave him on. Quality ball in.
Yep, think that’s his 6th league assist this season and he’s scored 4 as well, so a good return after 13 games despite not looking at his best.

Todays match was a tough watch at times (just for the 94 minutes or so!) but a great result against a team that’s tough to beat. Always nice to get a late winner Pleased for Havertz too :barscarf:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:54 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:48 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:44 pm
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:39 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:23 pm

Nothing like being Pre-judged eh!? :roll:
No different from everyone else expecting the usual shite performance from Havertz.
But there IS a difference between the Ramsdale situation and the Harvertz situation:

Ramsdale for all his faults was often the one who kept us in games last season.... And had far more Good games than Bad and now he is only being given the occasional opportunity to try and prove himself worthy of a starting place (something we know is unlikely to happen - even if he works miracles in the games he does play, because Arteta's man is Raya). Whereas Havertz has been given chance after chance after chance etc etc etc and has still not turned up and contributed to the team and the games he has played in; at least not in the way one would expect a £68Million signing to )

Also, after being 'dumped' by arteta and literally having any confidence he did have crushed, there is every chance that ramsdale will be nervous rather than excited when taking to the field. Had Raya been a Noticeable improvement on Ramsdale in terms of ability etc then fine... But Raya has yet to show any improvement in terms of ability and levels as a goalie when compared to Ramsdale.
I agree that Raya has been incredibly poor, and has done nothing to impress in place of Ramsdale, but that doesn’t promote Ramsdale in being any/much better. Ramsdale had some very good games last season, and to his credit, he got the praise he deserved; but we cannot whitewash the fact that he’s also just as capable of a cock-up, and he has cost us goals too. Whether directly or indirectly.

Plus, I just cannot advocate for a goalkeeper that openly admits that he cannot hold his concentration for 90 mins. Especially, when we’ve seen actual examples of him fazing out and being distracted by the crowd/wanting to banter the crowd or a
pigeon on the pitch, as Southampton last year.

Ramsdale doesn’t inspire me with confidence, at all. Of course I want him to prove me wrong but I doubt it.
He does more than The Pug and that's for sure.

Thing is how may players Goalies or otherwise would actually admit to not being able to keep 100% Focus and Attention for the whole 90+ Minutes... Very VERY Few... Even though it is a Natural Part of Human Nature to "lose' one's attention for brief moments. He was just being honest and let's be 'honest' the Pug is a down grade, unless he improves by 1,0000% - which I don't see happening.

Aah! Yes but do you!?
It doesn’t look good does it, OBG?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:45 pm
Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:48 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:44 pm
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:39 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:23 pm

Nothing like being Pre-judged eh!? :roll:
No different from everyone else expecting the usual shite performance from Havertz.
But there IS a difference between the Ramsdale situation and the Harvertz situation:

Ramsdale for all his faults was often the one who kept us in games last season.... And had far more Good games than Bad and now he is only being given the occasional opportunity to try and prove himself worthy of a starting place (something we know is unlikely to happen - even if he works miracles in the games he does play, because Arteta's man is Raya). Whereas Havertz has been given chance after chance after chance etc etc etc and has still not turned up and contributed to the team and the games he has played in; at least not in the way one would expect a £68Million signing to )

Also, after being 'dumped' by arteta and literally having any confidence he did have crushed, there is every chance that ramsdale will be nervous rather than excited when taking to the field. Had Raya been a Noticeable improvement on Ramsdale in terms of ability etc then fine... But Raya has yet to show any improvement in terms of ability and levels as a goalie when compared to Ramsdale.
I agree that Raya has been incredibly poor, and has done nothing to impress in place of Ramsdale, but that doesn’t promote Ramsdale in being any/much better. Ramsdale had some very good games last season, and to his credit, he got the praise he deserved; but we cannot whitewash the fact that he’s also just as capable of a cock-up, and he has cost us goals too. Whether directly or indirectly.

Plus, I just cannot advocate for a goalkeeper that openly admits that he cannot hold his concentration for 90 mins. Especially, when we’ve seen actual examples of him fazing out and being distracted by the crowd/wanting to banter the crowd or a
pigeon on the pitch, as Southampton last year.

Ramsdale doesn’t inspire me with confidence, at all. Of course I want him to prove me wrong but I doubt it.
Have to admit you are Right.

That look from Arteta was like signing Ramsdale's Death sentence.
I posted this on Page 4 of the Game Thread... I'm guessing you didn't see it.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

A pish game and a pish performance but a great result :barscarf:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:09 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Okay, here's the Plan.

Oh thank fuck for that! I can go back to loving myself in that case!

John F

Post by John F »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:43 pm
Awful performance, but fuck Brentford, no intention of anything except everyone behind the ball. Got what they deserved, a late loss.

That said, we have been worryingly poor this season and how we're top 4, let alone top of the league is way beyond me. Today we had last season's side with Rice replacing Xhaka, which is a huge upgrade, but we're playing like a different team...why?

We're desperate for a striker worthy of the name, because we ain't got it with Jesus and Eddie. Lovely ball in from Saka for the goal, but that apart, he was as poor as he's been of late. He and Gabi need to be taking full backs on as they used to, but I suspect they're told not to do so.

Odegaard continues to flatter to deceive. Can be mercurial when given time and space, but too easy to mark out of the game. As for the goalkeeping situation, fuck me!

Thought Tomi played very well and centre backs solid enough. Of course I'm glad that Havertz scored, but he offers fuck all in general and El Basque will use the goal to justify the signing and be telling us that this goal is what he can bring to the team. :roll:

Too laboured, too slow and lacking in ideas up front.
Good post. It appears that we have a fast 10-minute start and a panicked last 5 minutes . What goes on in between is as you say laboured. My only slight optimism is the memory of Ferguson's last title-winning Utd side. They were one of the worst sides to win the Title in my time. I am just hoping that it is going to be a season like that but I fully expect City and Liverpool to break away. Havertz's goal probably put an end to getting a striker in Arteta's eyes. Our January purchase will be whoever the Chavs are selling.