Villa Vaginas A Sat 9th Dec KO 530pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
EC1

Re: Villa Vaginas A Sat 9th Dec KO 530pm

Post by EC1 »

Personally I think Havertz goal or no goal wasn’t clear.

To say it was an obvious goal in my opinion you have your Arsenal head in.

In no way does it compare to Newcastle game.

Cue abuse……..

EC1

Post by EC1 »

Ok Eddie goal before I’m corrected

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:03 pm
If you ever watch a Sky game with the sound off you will see how bent the refereeing is. Try it as an experiment. It’s really interesting when you simply use your eyes and ignore all of the background noise and commentary. Referees are swayed in unacceptable ways to give the strangest of decisions.

Tonight they could have had a man sent off, a penalty against them and a legitimate goal. Instead they scored early from Zinchenko going awol and then shit housed their way to the win. The narrative is now that they are title contenders and we have blown the league. What? From a knife edge game that we dominated. :lol:

Sky are no better than the News of the World for sensationalist shite that bears no resemblance to reality. They also employ a load of despicable c unts. Football really is in the gutter.
Absolutely spot on Bob. Football has finished. It's now just sovereign wealth funds laundering corrupt money and bent or cheating refs acting like some sort of pretend mafia doing what they want with no fucking accountability. It's riddled with fraud and cheating. No fucking point even pretending otherwise. Always been bent but now, it's just brazen.

John F

Post by John F »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:37 pm
Didn’t think it was the worst performance. A clinical finish here or there and we would be crowing. But we fluffed our chances and we have the old Zinchenko handicap at play. Sloppy loss. They were bang average.
That is what I thought Bobby. Villa were Average and I can not see them finishing in the top four, which made the defeat hard to take.
Of all the poor decisions tonight I thought the non-red card for the elbow by Carlos was the worst. I have just seen it again and it was blatant.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I'm simply gutted that we lost regardless of how.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
If you ever watch a Sky game with the sound off you will see how bent the refereeing is. Try it as an experiment. It’s really interesting when you simply use your eyes and ignore all of the background noise and commentary. Referees are swayed in unacceptable ways to give the strangest of decisions.

Tonight they could have had a man sent off, a penalty against them and a legitimate goal. Instead they scored early from Zinchenko going awol and then shit housed their way to the win. The narrative is now that they are title contenders and we have blown the league. What? From a knife edge game that we dominated. :lol:

Sky are no better than the News of the World for sensationalist shite that bears no resemblance to reality. They also employ a load of despicable c unts. Football really is in the gutter.
100% Bang Smack On The Nail.

John F

Post by John F »

BobbyPires7 wrote:

I always turn the sound off for exactly that reason.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

EC1 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:15 pm
I read this board but haven’t posted for a number of years.

Some posters I believe make good and valid points.

But then again we get the other type of posters…..

Augie I bet you got a raging hard on today with Arsenal losing, be honest you did eh?
Were you on here under a different name? Your profile says you joined in June 2023.

EC1

Post by EC1 »

Probably was a different name.

I genuinely don’t post because the majority of comments are so negative.

Certain posters seem to take joy in Arsenal nor performing.

It make interesting reading for a while, but then becomes so personal.

It’s a free country, say what you want, but it works both ways.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

It's obvious that VAR is corrupt, even if you leave aside the Havertz incident, how can anyone watch the Jesus foul and not think it was a penalty or watch Nketiah get struck in the face and not think its a red card but as long as the likes of Sky are willing to ignore it, it will continue.

All that aside, that was a shit performance last night and it starts and ends with Arteta. To start Zinchenko for a tough away game, (knowing that you might have to defend for long periods) made no sense at all. Zinchenko helps link the play but has zero defensive awareness. Then you have a coward as captain in Odegaard, his 'effort' last night was pathetic and he clearly didn't want to know. I'm a huge fan of Saka but it was obvious to everyone(except Arteta) that he needed to come off but instead we persisted with him and the more we don't see him managed properly, the more injuries will pile up.
The biggest thing holding us back from winning a title has to be our striking options, which include a completely non lethal striker in Jesus and Eddie fucking Nketiah :(. Arteta has had 4 years to address this but instead tried desperately to get Eddie to re-sign when he was nearly out the door, can't get more incompetent than that.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

A referee has had a good game when you don't notice him on the pitch - Havertz should take up refereeing.
Imagine how good we could be with a REAL number 10 !!.
Too many wasted chances today. Did they have a shot in the second half ?. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

dont think we ever recovered mentally from that goal...it was criminal ...totally fuckin open

that said our usual composure on goal was missing..we had so many chances....rushed and panicked in front of goal...we would and should have won

cant get over there goal, fuckin acres of space after only 7 mins :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

fuck villa they wont last

madjens

Post by madjens »

Ray C wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:14 am
Did they have a shot in the second half ?. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Yep, Raya would have spilled one if villa had anyone following in

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

If you can be bothered to look at it all again, here's the disallowed goal. Clear as anything that the original control is off Havertz's shoulder and then there are two penalties for handball against the defender. Cash palms the fucking ball down from in front of his face. That's the only reason, it hits Havertz on the hand. I still think the ref has blown for the original control from the cross and has been proved wrong. Then they had to look for any reason to support his decision in the scramble. Take all that away and it's still a fucking penalty for hand fucking ball by the defender. That they haven't even looked at that, is again, either incompetence or cheating.

https://www.tycsports.com/video/premier ... 54475.html

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

As said many time, there needs to be a mass protest for var to change but that won't happen.