Villa Vaginas A Sat 9th Dec KO 530pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Villa Vaginas A Sat 9th Dec KO 530pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

Before a ball was kicked, I said to my lad that Bailey would have Zinchenko on toast and I that opening spell he did. That Villa chose to sit back after scoring was something of a mystery because White and Zinchenko were there for the taking time after time

Thank fucks for Saliba - he holds the whole thing together singlehandedly at times

Martinelli hasn't done it for me this season. Flatters to deceive - his end product is absolutely dreadful, whilst everything Saka did today was telegraphed.....stutter, cut inside onto the left, attack over. Was like watching Iwobi at times

The sad fact is Liverpool are equally shit. Enjoy this spell of City indifference because they will prove again when they go on some crazy run that they are the best team in the league again.

I can almost predict the games we will lose 1-0 away from home between now and the end of the season

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:08 pm
Before a ball was kicked, I said to my lad that Bailey would have Zinchenko on toast and I that opening spell he did. That Villa chose to sit back after scoring was something of a mystery because White and Zinchenko were there for the taking time after time

Thank fucks for Saliba - he holds the whole thing together singlehandedly at times

Martinelli hasn't done it for me this season. Flatters to deceive - his end product is absolutely dreadful, whilst everything Saka did today was telegraphed.....stutter, cut inside onto the left, attack over. Was like watching Iwobi at times

The sad fact is Liverpool are equally shit. Enjoy this spell of City indifference because they will prove again when they go on some crazy run that they are the best team in the league again.

I can almost predict the games we will lose 1-0 away from home between now and the end of the season
Dippers will fall away because they haven't got the strength in depth, City will probably come good in the next few weeks and we have a decent chance. All depends on whether we buy a striker in January. Get a decent one, we have a good chance of winning the league, don't buy one, we'll finish third.

EC1

Post by EC1 »

I read this board but haven’t posted for a number of years.

Some posters I believe make good and valid points.

But then again we get the other type of posters…..

Augie I bet you got a raging hard on today with Arsenal losing, be honest you did eh?

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

We need Ivan Toney in January more than ever

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:42 pm
I didn't get to watch this one but from what I read Arteta takes on an affective Martinelli yet keep his signing zinchenko on until after the 90th?
Sometimes it’s those who don’t watch the matches that actually make the best comments

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fuck off Howard Webb you bought and paid for Saudi shill, you crooked piece of shit. Fuck off and die you C.UNT :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

robbo10 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:18 pm
We need Ivan Toney in January more than ever
I don't think we're in for him. I think he'll be massively over-priced and we won't want to spend the money in January. He's also been out of the game for months and that will be a reason why he's a gamble mid-season. Anyone buying him will want him in July so they can get a pre-season with him but I can see him ending up at somewhere like Manure who will throw more stupid money at someone out of pure desperation.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

When the transfer window closed most of us on here bemoaned the lack of a quality CF joining, and talked about the lack of depth and quality in both full back positions. Tonight showed both of those weaknesses up perfectly- could have played till midnight without scoring, and if Villa kept on pushing hard like they did in the first 15 mins, they would have exposed White and Zinchenko every time

Teams have worked out that the long ball over the left full backs head works every time

EC1

Post by EC1 »

Board goes in melt down when Arsenal lose.

*word censored* this, *word censored* that, blah blah blah

God knows how many years I’ve been going, and to hear these comments just makes me roll my eyes

Perryashburtongroves

EC1 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:28 pm
Board goes in melt down when Arsenal lose.

*word censored* this, *word censored* that, blah blah blah

God knows how many years I’ve been going, and to hear these comments just makes me roll my eyes
Oh, right.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Didn’t think it was the worst performance. A clinical finish here or there and we would be crowing. But we fluffed our chances and we have the old Zinchenko handicap at play. Sloppy loss. They were bang average.

augie

Post by augie »

It's one thing to disallow havertz's goal (a decision I disagree with 100% btw), but to have var look at the defender kick jesus on back of the leg in second half and STILL not give a penalty was a much bigger disgrace in my opinion :censored: :censored: :censored:

I think that we were by and large dogshite tonight and probably didnt deserve to win, but to lose again cos of incompetent or corrupt officials is totally unacceptable imo - I think that somewhere down the line either a club or supporters association are going to need to bring a legal case against PGMOL to stop this shite happening. If a ref misses the kick on jesus fair enough, but for var to look at it and not give a penalty demands explanations - it is like the geordie goal against us where they admit a push but are judging how much of a push it was, cos today there was a kick and clear contact was made, so why was it not given ??

KingHenry

Post by KingHenry »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:42 pm
I didn't get to watch this one but from what I read Arteta takes on an affective Martinelli yet keep his signing zinchenko on until after the 90th?
Martinelli was dog shit.He was put through numerous times but delivered nothing as usual.He just cant beat a man on the outside he keeps cutting back inside
It was a piss poor performance Rice had his worst game in an Arsenal shirt and Odegaard was abysmal
Anyone who doesn't think we need a striker in Jan needs their head examined

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

If you ever watch a Sky game with the sound off you will see how bent the refereeing is. Try it as an experiment. It’s really interesting when you simply use your eyes and ignore all of the background noise and commentary. Referees are swayed in unacceptable ways to give the strangest of decisions.

Tonight they could have had a man sent off, a penalty against them and a legitimate goal. Instead they scored early from Zinchenko going awol and then shit housed their way to the win. The narrative is now that they are title contenders and we have blown the league. What? From a knife edge game that we dominated. :lol:

Sky are no better than the News of the World for sensationalist shite that bears no resemblance to reality. They also employ a load of despicable c unts. Football really is in the gutter.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Agreed Augie and delighted to hear you say it. Absolutely fucking sickening shit. I’ve been saying it on here for years, corruption of the highest order.

Corrupt cheating C.UNTS :twisted: