Brighton bumholes H Sun 17th Dec KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Brighton bumholes H Sun 17th Dec KO 2pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up after tonight's dead rubber it's back to the real stuff and Brighton at ours. They todgered us unlubed up the fartbox at the back end of last season,and they've boabied us a good few times the last few seasons :cry: This is a definite banana skin.
Last edited by falkirk goon on Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stuart L (2)

Re: Brighton bumholes H Sum 17th Dec KO 2pm

Post by Stuart L (2) »

falkirk goon wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:20 pm
Next up after tonight's dead rubber it's back to the real stuff and Brighton at ours. They todgered us unlubed up the fartbox at the back end of last season,and they've boabied us a good few times the last few seasons :cry: This is a definite banana skin.
They are finally paying the price for selling their top players - not the same as last year, but still with a few dangerous players - Ferguson and Mitoma good enough to cause us problems.

If we play as we did v Villa but be more lethal in front of goal we will win ( same old problems of not being clinical )

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:56 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:20 pm
They are finally paying the price for selling their top players - not the same as last year, but still with a few dangerous players - Ferguson and Mitoma good enough to cause us problems.

If we play as we did v Villa but be more lethal in front of goal we will win ( same old problems of not being clinical )
That's the thing though isn't it Stuart, we can beat anyone IF we take our chances.

Also they are playing tomorrow night, so we get 2 days on them in terms of rest and with Martinelli and Saka having been rested both of them will (hopefully) be Fresh and Raring To Go! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

:rubchin:

Arsenal Win! 3- 1.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

We’ll beat these bumburglars

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

robbo10 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:04 pm
Or Tolley thiefs as they're known up here :oops: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:10 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Or "Poojabbers" as they were known when I was a kid back in Brisbane. :lol: :wink:

No offence intended to any of our resident homo's. :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

biggest game of the season so far as this is a real MUST win.

just because I dont see us getting much when we visit Anfield on the 23rd

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:43 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
robbo10 wrote:
Or "Poojabber" as i was known when I was a kid back in Brisbane. :lol: :wink:

Wtf!

I fear another villa as we are so impotent up front.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:01 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
robbo10 wrote:
Or "Poojabber" as i was known when I was a kid back in Brisbane. :lol: :wink:

Wtf!

I fear another villa as we are so impotent up front.
:lol: :lol:

Nice stealth edit. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Source: BBC Sport/Football:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67673776

TEAM NEWS

Arsenal: Arsenal forward Gabriel Martinelli returns after missing Tuesday's draw at PSV Eindhoven because of illness.

Emile Smith Rowe made his comeback from injury as a late substitute in midweek but Mohamed Elneny is ruled out after straining a hamstring in Eindhoven.

Brighton Brighton boss Roberto de Zerbi may freshen up his side following Thursday's win against Marseille.

Evan Ferguson, Bart Verbruggen and Carlos Baleba are among those who could return to the starting line-up.

Ansu Fati, Pervis Estupinan, Tariq Lamptey, Julio Enciso and Solly March remain sidelined.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Brighton have won five and lost four of their 12 Premier League matches against Arsenal. Liverpool and Manchester United are the only other teams to have more wins than defeats versus the Gunners in the division.
They have won each of their past three visits to the Emirates Stadium, including a 3-1 victory in the EFL Cup last season.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Arsenal

The Gunners are unbeaten in 12 home games in all competitions since losing 3-0 to Brighton in May (W10, D2).
They have dropped points in four of their six league matches this season against teams in the top half of the table prior to the weekend (W2, D2, L2).
Mikel Arteta's side have kept six clean sheets in their previous 32 top-flight home fixtures.
They have been awarded six penalties in their opening 16 Premier League matches, a joint high with Chelsea.
Bukayo Saka has been directly involved in 13 goals in his last 11 appearances at the Emirates Stadium in all competitions, scoring eight and providing five assists.

Brighton & Hove Albion

The Seagulls took 15 points from a possible 18 in their opening six league games this season but have since claimed just 11 points from a possible 30.
They have dropped points in four of their five league fixtures this season that have directly followed a Europa League match (W1, D3, L1).
Albion have scored in each of their past 32 top-flight games, the longest streak in their league history.
They have also gone 20 league matches without keeping a clean sheet, one short of an outright club record.
Roberto De Zerbi can become the third manager to win his first two Premier League games away to Arsenal, emulating Ron Atkinson with Aston Villa (1992-93 and 1993-94) and Guus Hiddink for Chelsea (2008-09 and 2015-16).
Pascal Gross has been involved in five goals in his last four Premier League appearances, scoring one and assisting four.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

If we put some effort in then I think we’ll win. They’re not as good as they have been over recent years.

The toils of European football.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
robbo10 wrote:
Or "Poojabbers" as they were known when I was a kid back in Brisbane. :lol: :wink:

None taken :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:27 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
robbo10 wrote:

None taken :wink:
:coffeespit: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
robbo10 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just watch right till the end....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3h6es6zh1c

And especially for anyone who might be offended...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtgY1q0J_TQ

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:13 pm
If we put some effort in then I think we’ll win. They’re not as good as they have been over recent years.

The toils of European football.

I acknowledge that De Zerbi is entitled to a lot of the praise thrown his way since he joined Brighton, BUT imo he should be getting some stick too cos he is rotating the shit out of that squad to the point that I think their disjointed performances are down to too much rotation. I was at their game in goodison last month and they were poor imo, and their right back and right sided centre back are dogshite imo - their centre back seems only able to pass backwards :roll: All that being said, I think I read a stat during the week that they have won their last 3 games at the emirates - if true that is a deeply worrying statistic. For all the acclaim mitomo and ferguson are getting, there can be no denying that Gross is the heartbeat of their team and most assists come through him