Murdering Scouse filth* who got us banned from Europe 85-90 (but it wasn't their fault,it never is) A Sat Dec 23rd 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Murdering Scouse filth* who got us banned from Europe 85-90 (but it wasn't their fault,it never is) A Sat Dec 23rd 1

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

John F wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:19 am
Nick Nack wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:38 pm
Just finished watching this on delay.

Firstly fuck off media c.unts. All I've heard all day is about the Victims going top when they win. Nothing mentioned about us extending our lead if we win :censored: And the Sky commentator is such a fuckbag :censored:

Also fuck off Zinchenko. He is the new Xhaka. His shiteness tonight was unbelievable. Truly fucking horrifying. :banghead: Even though the tramp had him on toast he was wandering all over the pitch, giving the ball away. Is it him or is he following orders?

And Diet Pep can fuck off, because once again his in game management was piss poor. We might be top but his arrogance will come back to haunt us.

Having said all that, we are top of the league, say we are top of the league :barscarf: :barscarf:
A bit harsh on Zinchenko Nick. We are all forgetting what is going on in his homeland. It will be on his mind all the time and he must have some guilt that people of his age are being called up to fight while he plays football.
What’s going on in Ukraine has absolutely nothing to do with it; and IF it is in his mind during a game, and he feels ‘guilt’ then he’s not mentally fit enough to play a game of football, and should be nowhere near the team.

falkirk goon

Re: Murdering Scouse filth* who got us banned from Europe 85-90 (but it wasn't their fault,it never is) A Sat Dec 23rd 1

Post by falkirk goon »

I would've taken that before the game especially given our recent record up there.I don't think either team played particularly well.Saliba Rice and Gabriel were class for us,we need those 3 fit from here on in.Top by a point and we haven't kicked a ball yet really.Zinchenko the weakest part of our team and he will be targeted constantly for the rest of the season,we need Tomi fit again asap.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I thought the issues in Ukraine had made him mentally stronger. At least that’s what I have heard from him in interviews. Let’s have this right. He can’t defend and even last season when he was doing a job for us attacking sides from midfield he was prone to being embarrassed when good attackers went at him. This season his defending has got worse (or he’s being targeted more) and his attacking play is dire. His passing is woeful this season and his tendency to wander all over the park and get involved in things he should be nowhere near has become a massive issue. A prime example was their 4 on 1. He was there to prevent any attack before it got to Rice. The fact he went for the same ball as Odegaard and ended up clattering in to him was something you would see in Primary School football. The bloke’s a fucking loose cannon and in every game I see him play he either gives a goal away or is lucky not to do so. He needs to come out of the side as he is adding nothing. He is detracting from our play in a way even Xhaka would struggle to match.

John F

Post by John F »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:22 am
John F wrote:
Nick Nack wrote:

Firstly fuck off media c.unts. All I've heard all day is about the Victims going top when they win. Nothing mentioned about us extending our lead if we win :censored: And the Sky commentator is such a fuckbag :censored:

Also fuck off Zinchenko. He is the new Xhaka. His shiteness tonight was unbelievable. Truly fucking horrifying. :banghead: Even though the tramp had him on toast he was wandering all over the pitch, giving the ball away. Is it him or is he following orders?

And Diet Pep can fuck off, because once again his in game management was piss poor. We might be top but his arrogance will come back to haunt us.

Having said all that, we are top of the league, say we are top of the league :barscarf: :barscarf:
A bit harsh on Zinchenko Nick. We are all forgetting what is going on in his homeland. It will be on his mind all the time and he must have some guilt that people of his age are being called up to fight while he plays football.
What’s going on in Ukraine has absolutely nothing to do with it; and IF it is in his mind during a game, and he feels ‘guilt’ then he’s not mentally fit enough to play a game of football, and should be nowhere near the team.
What I will agree with is that if he is not mentally fit then he should be nowhere near the pitch but Arteta has left us with no choice with his summer transfer policy .

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:51 am
I thought the issues in Ukraine had made him mentally stronger. At least that’s what I have heard from him in interviews. Let’s have this right. He can’t defend and even last season when he was doing a job for us attacking sides from midfield he was prone to being embarrassed when good attackers went at him. This season his defending has got worse (or he’s being targeted more) and his attacking play is dire. His passing is woeful this season and his tendency to wander all over the park and get involved in things he should be nowhere near has become a massive issue. A prime example was their 4 on 1. He was there to prevent any attack before it got to Rice. The fact he went for the same ball as Odegaard and ended up clattering in to him was something you would see in Primary School football. The bloke’s a fucking loose cannon and in every game I see him play he either gives a goal away or is lucky not to do so. He needs to come out of the side as he is adding nothing. He is detracting from our play in a way even Xhaka would struggle to match.
He didn't make the right choices when attacking either. In the second half he took a wild hack at the ball that sailed miles over that with a calmer head he could have passed it onto Jesus who was in acres of space in the penalty area.

He's up against Kudus next which might not be pretty :(

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:51 am
100%

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

John F wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:54 am
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:22 am
John F wrote:
Nick Nack wrote:

What I will agree with is that if he is not mentally fit then he should be nowhere near the pitch but Arteta has left us with no choice with his summer transfer policy .

Well yes agreed ultimately the blame lies with Arteta....zinchenko not good enough

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I'm pleased with a point but yet again it's a result and not performance I'm happy with - which eventually is going to catch up with us.

The squad looks really unbalanced. Raya was ok yesterday but is generally a mistake waiting to happen. Then you have Zinchenko making numerous mistakes yet still starting. In midfield, Odegaard is an embarrassment, an absolute coward who doesn't want to know when the game gets tough. Then out wide Saka is excellent but is asked to do way too much( and is usually kicked off the pitch) leading to him being shattered later on the season. On the other side Martinelli is all legs and no brain, great dribbler but seems to constantly make the wrong decision. Its up front however that is the biggest indictment of Arteta. Jesus is a nice player but he's never going to be prolific and then you have championship Eddie as his back up, all while Arteta decided to spunk away 65 Million on Havertz in the summer.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:11 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:29 pm
We need a proper left back.
We have one in Spain.
Whose constantly injured
Has played 10 games this season for Sociedad

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

He was out injured for a couple of months of the season as well. 8)

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:42 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:11 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:29 pm
We need a proper left back.
We have one in Spain.
Whose constantly injured
Has played 10 games this season for Sociedad
Out of 18 league games - he has played 8 plus 2 in Europe out of 6 ?

It isn’t great statistically speaking

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

3 Minute Highlights of the game. The more I watch their goal I am amazed at how Naive zinchenko is in that surely they would have done preparation work including watching video's of the opposition players and how 90% of the time Sarah likes to cut inside to shoot with his left... Also Raya getting beat at the near post was a tad iffy. Oh! Well at leats we didn't lose And for the most part played well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTldYJkyqP4

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:41 pm
3 Minute Highlights of the game. The more I watch their goal I am amazed at how Naive zinchenko is in that surely they would have done preparation work including watching video's of the opposition players and how 90% of the time Sarah likes to cut inside to shoot with his left... Also Raya getting beat at the near post was a tad iffy. Oh! Well at leats we didn't lose And for the most part played well.

What also stood out for me was the commentator nearly popping a vein when they scored ffs :oops: Also a special mention for Rice :barscarf: when they broke clear 4/5 on 1 he remained cool as a cucumber under pressure 8) and when you see how it panned out he played a massive part in them not scoring 8) :barscarf: He is the true leader of the team not the boy with the armband who played hide and seek again at a tough venue.Overall though im delighted with a point at that shitehole

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:51 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:41 pm

What also stood out for me was the commentator nearly popping a vein when they scored ffs :oops: Also a special mention for Rice :barscarf: when they broke clear 4/5 on 1 he remained cool as a cucumber under pressure 8) and when you see how it panned out he played a massive part in them not scoring 8) :barscarf: He is the true leader of the team not the boy with the armband who played hide and seek again at a tough venue.Overall though im delighted with a point at that shitehole
1,000%

Rice is our Captain by any other name, trouble is arteta can't and Won't demote him and make Rice the Captain, anyone with a pair of Cajone's Would. It shouldn't be a 'Favourites' team selection but those who can do the job. Our Three Best Players this season so far are: Saliba, Rice and Gabriel. Especially considering who they have in front and beside them in the midfield and on the defensive flanks (with the exception of Tomi).

General

Post by General »

Worth adding that the pitch was an absolute disgrace yesterday and was evidently overwatered to disrupt us and accommodate Liverpool’s long ball tactic.