Murdering Scouse filth* who got us banned from Europe 85-90 (but it wasn't their fault,it never is) A Sat Dec 23rd 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Murdering Scouse filth* who got us banned from Europe 85-90 (but it wasn't their fault,it never is) A Sat Dec 23rd 1730

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up it's this shower of dirty fuckers at their shitehole :roll: Our record up there is fucking horrible :cry: I can't see anything other than a win for them but hope I'm wrong.

rodders999

Re: Murdering Scouse filth* who got us banned from Europe 85-90 (but it wasn't their fault,it never is) A Sat Dec 23rd 1

Post by rodders999 »

They were insipid yesterday and the crowd was dead, why do I just know that they’ll play like the Harlem globetrotters next week and the place will be bouncing (probably because that’s what’s happened for the last 30 fucking years to us up there).

We’ve played really well up there on occasions scoring 3 or 4 goals and still not fucking won. Three points would be massive but I’d snap your hand off for one if offered it now.

mcdowell42

Re: Murdering Scouse filth* who got us banned from Europe 85-90 (but it wasn't their fault,it never is) A Sat Dec 23rd 1

Post by mcdowell42 »

After spurs ,I despise these fuckers,hate losing to them,I'd gladly take a point from this game,worried that Salah is going to roast Zinchenko unless Arteta has a cunning plan to counter salahs threat.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I reckon we'll do this lot. It's about time we won there and I've got a 2001/02 feeling about this one with us going up there just before Christmas and putting in a performance that will send a message out to the rest of the league. 2-0 to us, Rice to run the show in the middle, Martinelli to run them ragged all afternoon and Saka and of course, Jesus because it's Christmas to get the goals.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:28 am
After spurs ,I despise these fuckers,hate losing to them,I'd gladly take a point from this game,worried that Salah is going to roast Zinchenko unless Arteta has a cunning plan to counter salahs threat.
the cunning plan is Tomi who's started all the games against the big teams at left back, only problem is he's fucking crocked as per usual :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I'm beginning to see a pattern emerging here...

Tierney at Left Back - Gets Crocked time and time again (admittedly partly due to his playing for scoootlaaand when he should have been resting)

We sign Timber to play (mainly) at Left Back - he gets injured in in his First fucking game!

We switch Tomi over fro the Right flank to Left Back and He gets crocked ; especially after showing huge improvement in his game and his contribution to defence and attack

:rubchin:

Kind of reminds me of the Drummers in Spinal Tap...except they suffered from Instantaneous Combustion...

D'ya see what I mean though ? :?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

2012 since we last beat these scumbags at Anfield

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

At least this season we don't have Lobotomy Clive on hand to fucking motivate their fans and their players when they are all but dead and beaten. :censored:

It could go either way. If Odegaard does one of his disappearing acts, and Pug has a mare in nets, or the mousers bounce back from their display against the manc filth, we could get beaten.

If we play to our best we should beat them.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

True BUT... We DO have Zinchenko (vs Salah) and Kai-live (on walkabout). :suicide:

Midz

Post by Midz »

It is about time we won up there. Today I think we might put in that wonderful performance and get the points, tomorrow I might not be as confident. I dunno. Here's hoping we win, whatever.

COYG!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Last year was our chance of turning it around when playing there but we all know what wanker fucked that up.

I really can't see us getting a result there

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Going to be tough...crowd baying for every decision.....cheats to a man......think havertz and odergaaard will disappear and they will play on zinchenko who is the obvious weak link at the back

need a strong, fair ref ...but not much chance of that

strange to add but still think we are the better football team

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:28 am

Fuck me, Salah vs Zinchenko....that really is worrying. Terrifying actually.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I never expect to win up there and we very rarely do! Even when we had a much better side, in the early Wenger years, we struggled at their place.

Their high tempo and dynamism and their never say die attitude always gets the better of us. Man for man we're probably a better side (with the obvious exceptions), but they fight for every ball and win 60/40s against them, whereas we have too many lightweights that wilt and lose 60/40s in our favour. They're not great at the back, but we're weak as fuck up front and if you don't have a top notch striker to make the most of whatever we create, then we won't beat them.

I said that the Villa game was the most important of the season so far, which it was, because it was our chance to lay down a marker after City's loss, but we failed to turn up and blew it. This has now become the most important to date, because again we have a chance to make a powerful point by keeping this lot at bay and keeping City at arms length.

Trouble is, Zinchenko is gonna get roasted by Salah and Havertz will be wandering blindly around, fucking things up on the occasions he's involved. Our build up play is too pedestrian and even turgid at times and they won't give us a second on the ball. We need the tempo we played with last season, but that seems to have disappeared and too many in the side slow it down.

Desperately hope I'm wrong, but we'll lose this 2-0, or 3-1. I fear that will signal the end of our challenge for this season. :(

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thing is a Piss Poor manure showed that the scousers defence can be torn to shreds... EASILY! and We have a better attack line than the manckyCunts...

So!!

Who Knowwwssss ! :D :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Trossard to score the Winner :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: