Murdering Scouse filth* who got us banned from Europe 85-90 (but it wasn't their fault,it never is) A Sat Dec 23rd 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Murdering Scouse filth* who got us banned from Europe 85-90 (but it wasn't their fault,it never is) A Sat Dec 23rd 1

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'd have taken the point before kick off tbh so fuck it I'm happy enough.

We are top of the league. :barscarf:

Saliba deserved man of the match. Both Saka and Martinelli were poor. Zinchenko is a disaster.

Oirish Deckers was quietly efficient. He is not really a creator but he is a vital presence in that midfield. I'd love to see a real creator in there beside him because I think we'd control the midfield then box to box.

augie

Re: Murdering Scouse filth* who got us banned from Europe 85-90 (but it wasn't their fault,it never is) A Sat Dec 23rd 1

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:26 pm

Saliba deserved man of the match. Both Saka and Martinelli were poor. Zinchenko is a disaster.

Oirish Deckers was quietly efficient. He is not really a creator but he is a vital presence in that midfield. I'd love to see a real creator in there beside him because I think we'd control the midfield then box to box.

You mean other than captain odeargod ? :rubchin: :wink: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Useless gutless c.unt :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:

your right mate..a decent creative midfielder alongside him would make a world of difference...some games he seems outnumbered by the opposition...but still does well

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:28 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

You mean other than captain odeargod ? :rubchin: :wink: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Useless gutless c.unt :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
Odegaard is magnificent.... against the minnows in the nothing games. If we had someone in there that could bring it every game we'd be great in midfield.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:30 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

your right mate..a decent creative midfielder alongside him would make a world of difference...some games he seems outnumbered by the opposition...but still does well
Yeah, he has a lovely way of stepping up between 3 or 4 oppo players and looking to lay it off. Odegaard is there to take it against the shit teams but against the big sides Deckers is looking for Odegaard but he's fucking hiding.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Fortunate to get away with that 4 on 1 and the pen was surprisingly not given. However we had plenty of chances to make a golden chance. Plenty of players not up to it. The squad seems light to me. Not enough game changers available to come on. Martinelli out of form. Zinchenko has been sussed out big time and appears to be targeted by every team we play.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:43 pm
Fortunate to get away with that 4 on 1 and the pen was surprisingly not given. However we had plenty of chances to make a golden chance. Plenty of players not up to it. The squad seems light to me. Not enough game changers available to come on. Martinelli out of form. Zinchenko has been sussed out big time and appears to be targeted by every team we play.
Incredible how they didn’t score that :shock:

Pen I’d have been livid if we didn’t get it…but apparently these things even themselves out so fuck em

Bad decisions in key moments and we could have got a win

Rice, Saliba and Gabriel all had great games

Havertz 5th booking means he misses West Ham game ( no great loss )

Incidentally their summer signing Kudos was only £38m from Ajax and looks a bargain at half the cost of Havertz

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Zinchenko for their goal...fuckin hell ..... what a weak challenge he put in....

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:49 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Pen I’d have been livid if we didn’t get it…but apparently these things even themselves out so fuck em

Incidentally their summer signing Kudos was only £38m from Ajax and looks a bargain at half the cost of Havertz
Very tricky game West Ham. They appear to be in form and have decided we are their new enemy. No passengers please. Trossard in for Havertz. I would also try Nelson for Martinelli. He looks dangerous whenever I have seen him feature this season.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:58 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Very tricky game West Ham. They appear to be in form and have decided we are their new enemy. No passengers please. Trossard in for Havertz. I would also try Nelson for Martinelli. He looks dangerous whenever I have seen him feature this season.
Bizzare how every team hate us

Newcastle, Villa, Luton, not just traditional rivals - media try and stoke (lol) things up to create a hostile atmosphere

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

We need a proper left back.
We have one in Spain, injured as usual...
I corrected that for you 8)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Thynker wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:29 pm
We need a proper left back.
We have one in Spain.
Whose constantly injured

General

Post by General »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:50 pm
Zinchenko for their goal...fuckin hell ..... what a weak challenge he put in....
Embarrassing defending right from the long ball to allowing Sarah to cut inside.

He did something similar in the same fixture last season. Too weak in 1v1

Rice had a tougher job defending Salah in 5v2.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:00 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:58 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Bizzare how every team hate us

Newcastle, Villa, Luton, not just traditional rivals - media try and stoke (lol) things up to create a hostile atmosphere
Every team hates us but gives the likes of Man City a pass. Must be some sort of Stockholm Syndrome because City are holding everyone hostage for sure. You can also add Newcastle to this. Two of the most financially doped clubs ever to exist are looked upon as friendly foes. Some of these cretins that follow other Prem clubs haven’t got a scooby.