West Ham wankspangles H Thu 28th Dec KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: West Ham wankspangles H Thu 28th Dec KO 815pm

Post by the playing mantis »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:20 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:17 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:10 pm
F off odergaard why take 1 touch when 10 will do...prick.

Sell the *word censored* that will give us some funds.

I have said that for two years - I'm not excusing our attackers one jot, but if you ask any forward player they will tell you that they prefer fast early ball, but that norwegian c.unt takes FAR too many touches before releasing the ball and it allows defender to get into position :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Shades of Hleb all over again. Even in the turning round in circles on the edge of the box. It painful at times and then the loopy cross into the box with nobody there.
Good comparison. Holding is back. Of arteta is really so ruthless (eg the ramsdale situation) as the bloggers say, then he should be next.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

As poor as we've been all season :cry: I can see it unraveling quite quickly from here..City and the dippers will be miles ahead of us by march I would imagine.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Here's the reality check we needed

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Trossard cant take a corner to save his life

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:23 pm
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:20 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:17 pm
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:10 pm
F off odergaard why take 1 touch when 10 will do...prick.

Sell the *word censored* that will give us some funds.

I have said that for two years - I'm not excusing our attackers one jot, but if you ask any forward player they will tell you that they prefer fast early ball, but that norwegian c.unt takes FAR too many touches before releasing the ball and it allows defender to get into position :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Shades of Hleb all over again. Even in the turning round in circles on the edge of the box. It painful at times and then the loopy cross into the box with nobody there.
Good comparison. Holding is back. Of arteta is really so ruthless (eg the ramsdale situation) as the bloggers say, then he should be next.
It comes from players having no pressure to play a certain way and a manager letting them fuck about with flicks and chipped passes. Get the ball on the ground, make a proper pass or have a fucking shot. You start slowing the game down, you're coming off.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:23 pm
As poor as we've been all season :cry: I can see it unraveling quite quickly from here..City and the dippers will be miles ahead of us by march I would imagine.
Salah and Barbie will each score more individual goals between now and the end of the season than our front 3 combined will.

John F

Post by John F »

Fuck having strikers or having a natural left back we got what we needed two Goalkeepers and crab football.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

30 attempts on goal loses 2 nil to a team that had 3 attempts on target (the penalty loss was the 3rd).

Fucking tragic :banghead:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Insipid. Was never a goal for their first. Without it I think we win that game. A blunt attack was never going to break down their rearguard action though and it suited them playing on the break.

Particular poor performances from Zinchenko, Trossard and Martinelli. Saka consistently double marked. We got Moyes-ed good and proper.

The squad is several players short and I don’t see how it gets anywhere near the title. Bang average all over the park.

Perryashburtongroves

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:35 pm
Insipid. Was never a goal for their first. Without it I think we win that game. A blunt attack was never going to break down their rearguard action though and it suited them playing on the break.

Particular poor performances from Zinchenko, Trossard and Martinelli. Saka consistently double marked. We got Moyes-ed good and proper.

The squad is several players short and I don’t see how it gets anywhere near the title. Bang average all over the park.

Cheaty and dippers have when all else fails, two proper goalscorers. Half a chance and they'll score. We don't and that's why we won't be getting close.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:38 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Cheaty and dippers have when all else fails, two proper goalscorers. Half a chance and they'll score. We don't and that's why we won't be getting close.
We had enough chances to win that game twice over. But we didn’t because our strikers are bang average at best.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Last season Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard were filling their boots and it made up for the fact that our main striker is a million miles off challenging for the golden boot.

This year all 3 have seen their form tank, Saka still manages to chip in with a few goals and assists to keep ticking away but his overall play is poor.

Odegaard has regressed badly and I saw a comment tonight that said that Martinelli is the new Walcott :oops:

You’ll win nothing without a striker, Henry, Anelka, Bergkamp, Wright, Smith were banging them in for fun in our previous title winning sides.

If you combined Jesus and Eddie’s league goals and multiplied that number by 2 it would still be miles off Salah and Barbie’s total. That’s simply not good enough for a club like Arsenal. They need to go out and break the bank in January on a player who can finish the shit load of chances we create or the season will go south in a hurry.

Jesus has 3 league goals, Eddie has 5 and we’re almost in January. Abysmal.

Eddie and Saka are our joint top scorers in the league with 5, how the fuck are we anywhere near the top?

Perryashburtongroves

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:41 pm
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:38 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:

We had enough chances to win that game twice over. But we didn’t because our strikers are bang average at best.
Drop deep against us and you'll be fine. Just wait for your chance up the other end.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Buy a proper striker and we would instantly win games at a canter.

Perryashburtongroves

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:05 pm
Buy a proper striker and we would instantly win games at a canter.
What's the word from the village in terms of signings?