West Ham wankspangles H Thu 28th Dec KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nick Nack

Re: West Ham wankspangles H Thu 28th Dec KO 815pm

Post by Nick Nack »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:12 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:46 am
If we had peak Auba or JVP we could give the league a serious rattle, having a nice guy who works hard but only has 3 league goals after 19 games ain’t gonna do it sadly.
The sad thing is, we needed a proper striker this time last year but didn't get one in. We needed one in the summer but didn't do anything about it and now, we'll either spend a fortune on Toney, who hasn't played in nine months or just wait until the summer and end up buying another midfielder, which is probably more likely.
Sad but true :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The popular narrative this season has been that Raya and Havertz have disrupted the team and whilst I don't think Raya is much cop, the reality is that players who played well last season are not playing well now

Saka and Martinelli are the main two. Both brilliant last season but again last night both lacked any end product. Martinelli is the one who gets regularly hooked but for me Saka is becoming so predictable and defenders have worked him out. Its almost Iwobiesque how he pauses, dithers, cuts inside and the attack is over. West Ham the latest team to deal with him comfortably last night

I don't know what Nelson has to do to get a run in the side. Surely the point of renewing him on a bumper new deal was to be an active part of the squad and fill in for players injured or out of form. He's worth a shot for a couple of games but Saka will start every game and rarely get subbed

Let's see how it goes against Fulham before declaring this a crisis but it is clear we have key players out of form especially up front

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Last night's game and outcome had a very familiar ring to it and as someone said in the Game Thread last night it was similar to watching a game from when Wenger was at his worst and most arrogant.

ALL teams lose it is impossible for them not to (unless they are 'The Invincibles' :bowing21: ) But having changed the awful culture that was like a slow cancer in the club after Wenger, having changed the atmosphere in the stadium and having regained some kind of momentum and hope in team and fans to then go and do this just reminds me of the Arsenal when Wenger's arrogance undid any good there might have been and any possibility of winning the Prem again.

Last night wa like seeing a Ghost of a Game from the past... Huge Possession, dominance in the opponents half, Not taking our chances AND then conceding 2 goals from their only 4 attacks on our goal.

It is possible to still achieve that Dream of winning the title, but if past trends are anything to go by, it will be Chetty's title once again :banghead: But if we cannot win it then my reluctant preference is it to be them rather than the ScouseFilth and their Tramp Manager.

I wonder if we could swap Arteta for De Zerbi before R.Madrid or one of the other big European clubs come in for him?

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:36 am
Last night's game and outcome had a very familiar ring to it and as someone said in the Game Thread last night it was similar to watching a game from when Wenger was at his worst and most arrogant.

ALL teams lose it is impossible for them not to (unless they are 'The Invincibles' :bowing21: ) But having changed the awful culture that was like a slow cancer in the club after Wenger, having changed the atmosphere in the stadium and having regained some kind of momentum and hope in team and fans to then go and do this just reminds me of the Arsenal when Wenger's arrogance undid any good there might have been and any possibility of winning the Prem again.

Last night wa like seeing a Ghost of a Game from the past... Huge Possession, dominance in the opponents half, Not taking our chances AND then conceding 2 goals from their only 4 attacks on our goal.

It is possible to still achieve that Dream of winning the title, but if past trends are anything to go by, it will be Chetty's title once again :banghead: But if we cannot win it then my reluctant preference is it to be them rather than the ScouseFilth and their Tramp Manager.

I wonder if we could swap Arteta for De Zerbi before R.Madrid or one of the other big European clubs come in for him?

I was at a local wedding on Wednesday and after the meal a load of us went out to the bar to watch the second half of citeeh v everton - when citeeh were awarded the penalty I cheered and got lambasted for it. My response to those lambasting me is that I would rather see citeeh win the league than ye victims fcukers (there was 5 or 6 victims fans in our group hence my cheering) 8) The reality is that we are never gonna win the league with this manager and these players - winning the league isnt just about having good players, but it is about knowing how to win games that you should lose by sheer grit, courage, determination and game smarts, and our team and management lack all of those qualities imo. That victims team is as weak as it has been for a few years, but they have got a proper goalscorer (salah) and a spine of team and management who know how to win big games and trophies, and I really dont want to see them win it

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

augie wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:19 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:36 am

I was at a local wedding on Wednesday and after the meal a load of us went out to the bar to watch the second half of citeeh v everton - when citeeh were awarded the penalty I cheered and got lambasted for it. My response to those lambasting me is that I would rather see citeeh win the league than ye victims fcukers (there was 5 or 6 victims fans in our group hence my cheering) 8) The reality is that we are never gonna win the league with this manager and these players - winning the league isnt just about having good players, but it is about knowing how to win games that you should lose by sheer grit, courage, determination and game smarts, and our team and management lack all of those qualities imo. That victims team is as weak as it has been for a few years, but they have got a proper goalscorer (salah) and a spine of team and management who know how to win big games and trophies, and I really dont want to see them win it
Pathetic stuff.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Dominic Solanke who I’ve often painted as the poster boy for the game eating its own arsehole when the victims managed to get 20 million for him despite him barley ever playing for them and being utter gash has more league goals this season than Saka, Martinelli and Jesus COMBINED.

That is fucking horrendous and embarrassing.

Man for man we’re every bit as good as that victims side if not better, bar Salah who’s a billion times better than anything we have up top. He’s the main reason they’ll be there or thereabouts in the end, Jesus and Eddie are the reason we won’t.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:36 am
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:56 pm
Last season Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard were filling their boots and it made up for the fact that our main striker is a million miles off challenging for the golden boot.

This year all 3 have seen their form tank, Saka still manages to chip in with a few goals and assists to keep ticking away but his overall play is poor.

Odegaard has regressed badly and I saw a comment tonight that said that Martinelli is the new Walcott :oops:

You’ll win nothing without a striker, Henry, Anelka, Bergkamp, Wright, Smith were banging them in for fun in our previous title winning sides.

If you combined Jesus and Eddie’s league goals and multiplied that number by 2 it would still be miles off Salah and Barbie’s total. That’s simply not good enough for a club like Arsenal. They need to go out and break the bank in January on a player who can finish the shit load of chances we create or the season will go south in a hurry.

Jesus has 3 league goals, Eddie has 5 and we’re almost in January. Abysmal.

Eddie and Saka are our joint top scorers in the league with 5, how the fuck are we anywhere near the top?
I think the worse thing we have done is slow our attacks down - Saka, Martinelli and Jesus all have pace and tricky when running with the ball.

It’s practically over 50’s walking football pace now, makes it easier to defend against in large numbers , with little room as there are 16 odd people in the penalty box.

Floating little crosses into a packed penalty area for a 6’4 centre half up against Jesus or Eddie is laughable .

At no point last night did we look to hit quickly, look for a 40 yard ball to stretch them, so they had all the time in the world to get back into position and crowd us out, which they did very effectively.

Rice was far too deep to be effective, essentially playing just 10 yards in front of our centre backs
Spot on, the slowing down negates trossards strengths as well.

But it's been done tactically so we control games more and is meant to have been vindicated by our better defensive record this season.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:32 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Last season Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard were filling their boots and it made up for the fact that our main striker is a million miles off challenging for the golden boot.

This year all 3 have seen their form tank, Saka still manages to chip in with a few goals and assists to keep ticking away but his overall play is poor.

Odegaard has regressed badly and I saw a comment tonight that said that Martinelli is the new Walcott :oops:

You’ll win nothing without a striker, Henry, Anelka, Bergkamp, Wright, Smith were banging them in for fun in our previous title winning sides.

If you combined Jesus and Eddie’s league goals and multiplied that number by 2 it would still be miles off Salah and Barbie’s total. That’s simply not good enough for a club like Arsenal. They need to go out and break the bank in January on a player who can finish the shit load of chances we create or the season will go south in a hurry.

Eddie and Saka are our joint top scorers in the league with 5, how the fuck are we anywhere near the top?
I think the worse thing we have done is slow our attacks down - Saka, Martinelli and Jesus all have pace and tricky when running with the ball.

It’s practically over 50’s walking football pace now, makes it easier to defend against in large numbers , with little room as there are 16 odd people in the penalty box.

Floating little crosses into a packed penalty area for a 6’4 centre half up against Jesus or Eddie is laughable .

At no point last night did we look to hit quickly, look for a 40 yard ball to stretch them, so they had all the time in the world to get back into position and crowd us out, which they did very effectively.

Rice was far too deep to be effective, essentially playing just 10 yards in front of our centre backs

But it's been done tactically so we control games more and is meant to have been vindicated by our better defensive record this season.

You’d like to think that being 10+ points worse off than last season might raise one or two questions about that vindication, but I’m sure the thought hasn’t entered Captain Black’s head.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:34 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

You’d like to think that being 10+ points worse off than last season might raise one or two questions about that vindication, but I’m sure the thought hasn’t entered Captain Black’s head.
To be clear that's not my vindication it's the likes of le Grove or other certain superfans, we have negated our strengths for it.

I suppose he could justify it if we had the virile lethal striker to make us more efficient in the limited chances this brings (or a better playmaker creator than the the cowardly captain) but we don't so we are now completely impotent up front now (not that we were anymore than lazy lobbing up front last season)

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:18 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:34 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

To be clear that's not my vindication it's the likes of le Grove or other certain superfans, we have negated our strengths for it.

I suppose he could justify it if we had the virile lethal striker to make us more efficient in the limited chances this brings (or a better playmaker creator than the the cowardly captain) but we don't so we are now completely impotent up front now (not that we were anymore than lazy lobbing up front last season)

Agreed and don’t worry, I realised that it wasn’t your vindication.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Stiil annoyed and pissed off we lost to those journeymen... :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Have to be honest ,I thought we'd have no problem beating them,but just knew in the 1st 10 mins ,with all the possession and chances we were having without scoring that we would be 1st to concede ,as others said once Martinelli and Saka are kept contained its easier for the opposition to have a game plan.

Moyes had Arteta’s number last night ,I'm always a glass half full guy and maybe im reading too much of legrove blog ,hoping that Arteta is going to bring us to the promised land ,but sadly this won't be the case, city and the scouse scum will fight it out for the PL .

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Saw on social media that Xhaka was at the stadium last night for the game, so it must have been his severe shiteness that seemed to have affected us by his mere presence.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:55 pm
Saw on social media that Xhaka was at the stadium last night for the game, so it must have been his severe shiteness that seemed to have affected us by his mere presence.
No doubt theCunt was handed the reigns by the manager to do the Pre-Game Talk to the team, which explains everything.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:55 pm
:lol: :lol:

The smell of Lobotomy Clive's overactive stupidity gland must have permeated the stadium and inflicted temporary retardation on the entire team. :censored: