West Ham wankspangles H Thu 28th Dec KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: West Ham wankspangles H Thu 28th Dec KO 815pm

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:07 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:05 pm
Buy a proper striker and we would instantly win games at a canter.
What's the word from the village in terms of signings?
Ironically Jesus is rumoured to be moving in to the village. (No joke.) :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:26 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Needs to move out of that stable I'd assume.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:32 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
You know what. When I get told stuff I don’t pass it on now. Not worth a ***** this place.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Painfully obvious we’re not winning anything without a goal scorer. Hope City win it again as can’t stand Liverpool.

Perryashburtongroves

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:35 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:
You know what. When I get told stuff I don’t pass it on now. Not worth a ***** this place.
Come on, Bob. Give us a rumour. You know we all love you, really.

John F

Post by John F »

Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:25 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:23 pm
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:20 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:17 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:10 pm
F off odergaard why take 1 touch when 10 will do...prick.

Sell the *word censored* that will give us some funds.

I have said that for two years - I'm not excusing our attackers one jot, but if you ask any forward player they will tell you that they prefer fast early ball, but that norwegian c.unt takes FAR too many touches before releasing the ball and it allows defender to get into position :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Shades of Hleb all over again. Even in the turning round in circles on the edge of the box. It painful at times and then the loopy cross into the box with nobody there.
Good comparison. Holding is back. Of arteta is really so ruthless (eg the ramsdale situation) as the bloggers say, then he should be next.
It comes from players having no pressure to play a certain way and a manager letting them fuck about with flicks and chipped passes. Get the ball on the ground, make a proper pass or have a fucking shot. You start slowing the game down, you're coming off.
I think they are coached to play intricate passes around the box rather than take a risk and lose possession. Malcolm Macdonald once said that the reason why he scored so many goals is that he took a shot whenever he could and by the law of averages one would go in. He wasn't much of a team player but we could do with some of his philosophy now instead of the 20 passes losing the ball then conceding anyway.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Absolute fucking wankers. Woeful performance.
I haven’t read any of tonight’s posts on this thread, so apologies if I repeat what’s (inevitably) been said.

I hate losing to that fucking lot, almost as much as losing to the scum and it’s an embarrassment to do so.

If anything ever showed how easy we are to play against, then it was that game. Sit deep, double up on our wingers (who were both poor tonight), don’t let them get behind you and funnel everything centrally and we soon run out of ideas. We are totally impotent up front and have no striking threat. Then we have the Zinchenko problem, which is constantly costing us.

It was like watching a Wenger team, all tippy tappy, eye of the needle stuff and we could still have been playing now and wouldn’t have scored. Once they went in front I fucking knew we’d lose and just before they got their second I said that the game had 0-2 written all over it.

Some on here complain that I and others are too negative, well now you can see why. Captain Black refuses to see what’s staring him in the face and if he sees it, he does fuck all about it. Even though I know we’re nowhere near good enough to win the league, I still allow myself to get wound up over it all.

Losing to West Ham ffs!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:16 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

It’s not a rumour. It’s common knowledge who we are signing in the Summer. But you’ll just have to wait patiently and see. 👍🏻

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

One of my biggest fears when Arteta took over was that he would be a Wenger clone and the more time has gone on, the more he resembles Wenger. The refusal to adjust the game plan when things are going wrong is just incompetence at this stage. Every opposition know to target the wide areas defensively and it's showing massively in the performances of Saka and Martinelli. Another Wenger trait was ignoring an area of need until it becomes a huge issue. In Wenger's time it was the goalkeeping and defensively but in Arteta's era it's obviously up front. A few stats I read after last night: we have the fewest goals scored of any of the top 5, despite having the most touches in the opposition box in the league and our starting front 3 last night have only 10 goals between them in the league. Also, if championship Eddie doesn't get one at Craven cottage then he will be over a year without an away goal in the league. I'm willing to bet that even a half decent scout could go through the lower leagues and find an upgrade on him but that would require Arteta admitting he got things wrong and that ain't happening :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

cameron326 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:40 pm
Painfully obvious we’re not winning anything without a goal scorer. Hope City win it again as can’t stand Liverpool.

We will win nothing with this dickhead manager - his signings (with exception of Rice) are a list of average vanilla players at best, and it is a woeful sign that some of the players he has signed he has already moved on in such a short space of time :oops: :oops: Our key players are STILL saliba, gabriel, saka and martinelli (even though the latter two are badly out of form), and all were either signed before him or are academy products. Fans creamed themselves (and will do so again) over odeargod and jesus and white, but the reality is that all lack both the quality and character needed to play for a club challenging for the biggest prizes - these players can play on title winning teams, but they will only ever be supplements to a strong team rather than integral parts of a strong team.
We are days away from a new transfer window and all the rumours suggest that we are only focusing on defence and midfield - what the absolute fcuk are these c.unts looking at ??? Yes I accept that we are light on numbers in defence but we have an abundance of midfielders (mostly his signings), and the reality is that we will never win fcuk all with that forward line. Right now in my opinion we have FIVE "cant sell players" (saliba, gabriel, rice, saka and martinelli) but every other player is replaceable so if we are financially restricted due to lack of funds or ffp, then he needs to sell one of his favourite pussies to generate funds for a proper goalscorer - personally the captain would be first to be sold cos we have enough quality within the squad to fill that role (smith-rowe and trossard imo), and he would bring in proper money to buy an ivan toney or the napoli striker. I admit that ben white is fast becoming enemy number 1 for me, but if el basque thinks that buying more defnders is gonna turn this squad into winners then he needs to be removed on the spot

Perryashburtongroves

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:52 am
Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:16 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

It’s not a rumour. It’s common knowledge who we are signing in the Summer. But you’ll just have to wait patiently and see. 👍🏻
It's not another goalkeeper is it?

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:56 pm
Last season Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard were filling their boots and it made up for the fact that our main striker is a million miles off challenging for the golden boot.

This year all 3 have seen their form tank, Saka still manages to chip in with a few goals and assists to keep ticking away but his overall play is poor.

Odegaard has regressed badly and I saw a comment tonight that said that Martinelli is the new Walcott :oops:

You’ll win nothing without a striker, Henry, Anelka, Bergkamp, Wright, Smith were banging them in for fun in our previous title winning sides.

If you combined Jesus and Eddie’s league goals and multiplied that number by 2 it would still be miles off Salah and Barbie’s total. That’s simply not good enough for a club like Arsenal. They need to go out and break the bank in January on a player who can finish the shit load of chances we create or the season will go south in a hurry.

Jesus has 3 league goals, Eddie has 5 and we’re almost in January. Abysmal.

Eddie and Saka are our joint top scorers in the league with 5, how the fuck are we anywhere near the top?
I think the worse thing we have done is slow our attacks down - Saka, Martinelli and Jesus all have pace and tricky when running with the ball.

It’s practically over 50’s walking football pace now, makes it easier to defend against in large numbers , with little room as there are 16 odd people in the penalty box.

Floating little crosses into a packed penalty area for a 6’4 centre half up against Jesus or Eddie is laughable .

At no point last night did we look to hit quickly, look for a 40 yard ball to stretch them, so they had all the time in the world to get back into position and crowd us out, which they did very effectively.

Rice was far too deep to be effective, essentially playing just 10 yards in front of our centre backs

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

Still fucking fuming this morning :cussing:

Absolute dog shit performance. The lack of discipline was awful. Unfortunately Diet Pep has them training and playing like this. As has been said this is turning into latter year Wenger :censored: Even the crowd fucked off early.

I would also think that if the players do not follow Diet Pep's plans completely they will be bombed out. Plenty have followed that path.

At what point does Wiggy & Co start to think it's not going to happen with Diet Pep? He's spent a fortune and we are back with "top 4 is a trophy" :banghead: he's won nothing since the covid cup and spent 100's of millions, most on absolute shit :banghead: As Augie points out other than Rice our better players are not Diet Pep signings.

And the lack of a clinical striker is killing us. Even if you play shite, with a decent striker you always have a chance. We just prefer tippy tappy and score the perfect goal. :cussing:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If we had peak Auba or JVP we could give the league a serious rattle, having a nice guy who works hard but only has 3 league goals after 19 games ain’t gonna do it sadly.

Perryashburtongroves

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:46 am
If we had peak Auba or JVP we could give the league a serious rattle, having a nice guy who works hard but only has 3 league goals after 19 games ain’t gonna do it sadly.
The sad thing is, we needed a proper striker this time last year but didn't get one in. We needed one in the summer but didn't do anything about it and now, we'll either spend a fortune on Toney, who hasn't played in nine months or just wait until the summer and end up buying another midfielder, which is probably more likely.