Fulham Fartpipes A Sun 31st Dec KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Fulham Fartpipes A Sun 31st Dec KO 2pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up its Fulham Fartpipes at theirs.Im putting this up during tonights shitfest..I can see sun being similar to the game tonight.More dropped points.2-1 fartpipes.

Perryashburtongroves

Re: Fulham Fartpipes A Sun 31st Dec KO 2pm

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

If we're serious about winning this fucking league then we're going to need to go on a long winning run. I reckon we'll have a painful draw here. Cheaty will beat the Sheffield pub team 8 nil or whatever and dippers will put 5 past the barcodes.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Let’s be honest. Despite blowing up last season because we played the same team game after game Arteta is doing the same again. Saka and Martinelli have gone physically and mentally and we have no one up to speed to come in for them. Nelson, Trossard, Smith-Rowe are as ring rusty as can be. We’ve also been worked out tactically with Zinchenko targeted and Saka double marked every game. With a non-firing striker and a captain that goes AWOL every few games what do we expect. Oh. Plus Raya to throw a few in. :lol:

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

Stung by the home defeat we'll come out firing and win easily. Or we'll carry on in the same vein and lose :? :? :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

3 games (?) ago these Fartpipes Dicked the shammers 5 - Nil.... Since then they have been beaten 3 - 0 by Bournemouth and then Nil - 2 at home by the mighty Burnley...So we Should Win.... But fuck knows how this will turn out... Hopefully last nights embarrassing performance will Shake the Players & Manager Awake.

:?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I said on the bindipper thread that I thought we’d lose that game and it would signal a collapse and the end of any fairytale title aspirations we had.

Well, we got a draw at Anfield, but it was another iffy performance and the collapse looked well underway last night. No reason then to reassess my prediction and fully expect us to struggle at Fulham and a draw is the best we’ll slink away with imo. If it wasn’t for our two centre backs I’d be expecting a loss, but that’s perfectly possible anyway.

Other teams have worked us out and as El Basque refuses to learn, then it’s a rocky road ahead for him. Unfortunately, I think he’s safe as houses for a long while yet under our idiot owners.

Wenger Mkll is going to give us a re-run of the last few years under Mkl. :(

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

Last few years?? It was a decade, and more, of the same thing over and over and over. My gut feel is that we will be too far off second come end of Feb and will be in a battle with a couple of teams for third.

For example, we all know how badly we need a striker, but we seem to be shopping around for yet another midfielder. Hopefully another lightweight to line up with the other dozen we already have.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:13 pm
Last few years?? It was a decade, and more, of the same thing over and over and over. My gut feel is that we will be too far off second come end of Feb and will be in a battle with a couple of teams for third.

For example, we all know how badly we need a striker, but we seem to be shopping around for yet another midfielder. Hopefully another lightweight to line up with the other dozen we already have.
Well, I usually say 12+ years, because for me the rot set in as early as 2005/6 and was well underway in 2007, but I used to get stick from fellow gooners (and also from a call I made to TalkSport in about 2008…they thought I was nuts to say Wenger was washed up), so I thought saying the “last few years” was nicely open ended. :lol:

As for where we’ll end up this season, then third is the best we’ll get and it’ll be back to 10+ points off the top two.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

We've scored 3 goals from 81 attempts over the last 4 games. Dreadful.

To make matters worse we’ve conceded eight goals from the last 15 shots on target faced in the league.

So creating shit loads of chances but failing to put the ball in the net up one end while conceding over 50% of the shots on target down the other.

Not good.

You would hope that those stats would have to right themselves sooner rather than later but we seem extremely adept at squandering loads of chances and then conceding the first time the opposition cross the half way line.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I'd like to see the stat about how many times Zinchenko is the reason we concede in nearly every game :banghead:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:15 pm

To make matters worse we’ve conceded eight goals from the last 15 shots on target faced in the league.

So creating shit loads of chances but failing to put the ball in the net up one end while conceding over 50% of the shots on target down the other.

Not good.

You would hope that those stats would have to right themselves sooner rather than later but we seem extremely adept at squandering loads of chances and then conceding the first time the opposition cross the half way line.

:shock: :shock: I don't know exactly what constitiutes an "attempt", but that's a shocking sounding stat.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I saw the same stat too,I'm sick of us trying to walk the ball into the back of the net, whatever happened to getting a sight of goal and having a shot,anything could happen a deflection off a defender and into the net or at least a corner out of it.

Odegaard is the worst,he gets the ball outside the box and find myself roaring shoot at the TV and then he either tries to take another touch or tries a pass which takes the sting out of the attack,and then we lose possession and our players end up chasing back.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:42 pm
I saw the same stat too,I'm sick of us trying to walk the ball into the back of the net, whatever happened to getting a sight of goal and having a shot,anything could happen a deflection off a defender and into the net or at least a corner out of it.

Odegaard is the worst,he gets the ball outside the box and find myself roaring shoot at the TV and then he either tries to take another touch or tries a pass which takes the sting out of the attack,and then we lose possession and our players end up chasing back.
Bang on. I watched Odegaard close up repeatedly blunt our own attacks by running in to blind alleys only to be robbed of possession and set up a West Ham counter attack. The bloke was more of a liability than Zinchenko last night.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:

Not good.

That is crazy, especially when considering that we have two of the best CB's in the Prem... okay so our defensive flanks are anything but up to the job, in particular zinchenko who is a Total Liability at LB.

Besides what VAR has done and is still doing to the game (sucking all the excitement out of it) This new style/tactic for playing a more possession based game has done the same, one of things that made us exciting to watch last year was the sheer constancy and tenacity of our Attack play.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

rodders999 wrote:

Not good.

Does this not also counter prove our “process” of controlling the game with 1,000 passes while our opponents get 25-30% possession yet manage to score ?

No cutting edge blunts even the best made sword

( old Suffolk proverb)