Shower of bindipping arseholes* who got us all banned in the 80s H Fa Cup Sun 7th Jan KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: Shower of bindipping arseholes* who got us all banned in the 80s H Fa Cup Sun 7th Jan KO 430pm

Post by robbo10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:58 pm
It's not just this latest defeat that means he has to go, it's the fact we're going backwards. 500 spent, 4th, out of both cups and with a squad lacking a single proper full back or centre forward.

Liverpool had two young kids on for the last 15 minutes and to be honest they could have fielded 11 of them and we still wouldn't have scored

The manager claims we were unlucky to lose to West Ham and no doubt that will be the narrative again today.. but is it? Having 61 shots and scoring 1 goal isn't an accident - its a result or having the wrong players

After 3 years Klopp won Liverpool the CL, and after 4 years the PL. This cock has won the FA Cup and a couple of pre season friendly shields, and we are further from winning something than at any point in his tenure.

It's like those runs we had under Wenger when the going got tough - illusionary dominations or whatever he said. The 2016 run in where Giroud when 13 games without a goal. It's just Wengerball all over again with an equally stubborn coach always a couple of missing pieces away from having a proper team

Seen enough. How long before he starts talking about the top 4 being a trophy?
Cant even blame the board this time,this is squarely at the feet of Arteta

SteveO 35

Re: Shower of bindipping arseholes* who got us all banned in the 80s H Fa Cup Sun 7th Jan KO 430pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

robbo10 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:13 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
It's not just this latest defeat that means he has to go, it's the fact we're going backwards. 500 spent, 4th, out of both cups and with a squad lacking a single proper full back or centre forward.

Liverpool had two young kids on for the last 15 minutes and to be honest they could have fielded 11 of them and we still wouldn't have scored

The manager claims we were unlucky to lose to West Ham and no doubt that will be the narrative again today.. but is it? Having 61 shots and scoring 1 goal isn't an accident - its a result or having the wrong players

After 3 years Klopp won Liverpool the CL, and after 4 years the PL. This cock has won the FA Cup and a couple of pre season friendly shields, and we are further from winning something than at any point in his tenure.

It's like those runs we had under Wenger when the going got tough - illusionary dominations or whatever he said. The 2016 run in where Giroud when 13 games without a goal. It's just Wengerball all over again with an equally stubborn coach always a couple of missing pieces away from having a proper team

Cant even blame the board this time,this is squarely at the feet of Arteta
Absolutely mate - Wiggy and his cringeworthy son have provided the funds. They don't sign the players. They haven't left us with a collection of non scoring forwards and centre halves playing pretend full back. Its shameful. Amateur hour

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
It's not just this latest defeat that means he has to go, it's the fact we're going backwards. 500 spent , 4th, out of both cups and with a squad lacking a single proper full back or centre forward.

You need to google better Steve O buddy - the basque c.unt has spent just under 700m since being appointed AFC manager - most important players still are Saliba (who he wanted to bin off in favour of perma tan ben fcuking white :roll: ), saka (who has stunk the place out of it for a year now) and martinelli (who has nose dived badly of late). The only proper signing he made was rice and he over-spent on him. When your best and most talented players start declining, then that is when the board need to step in cos those players are assets of the club, and no company likes to see the value of its assets going backwards

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:36 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:30 pm
We have not had a decent player from the Chavs since George Graham 58 years ago
John Hollins done ok..but was at tail end of his career....cant remember another one

loved "stroller" as a player...pure class
John had been with QPR for 4 years when we signed him.

I'm thinking of the succession of past their best dross we've signed from them in the past 20 years. Gallas, Sideshow Bob, Cech, Jorginho, Willian, Havertz....have I forgotten anyone? Why have we been prepared to take their cast offs? On the other hand, they had prime Cashley from us, Giroud while he was still first choice for France and way better than Lackathreat, and of course the returning Fabregas who would have walked into our midfield at the time.
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:25 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:
John Hollins done ok..but was at tail end of his career....cant remember another one

I'm thinking of the succession of past their best dross we've signed from them in the past 20 years. Gallas, Sideshow Bob, Cech, Jorginho, William, Havertz....have I forgotten anyone? Why have we been prepared to take their cast offs?
yes your right of course .......yes its a strange one ...who was the worst...havetz/cech/or willian?
i would go for willian so far,,but havertz is diabolical

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:33 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:25 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:

I'm thinking of the succession of past their best dross we've signed from them in the past 20 years. Gallas, Sideshow Bob, Cech, Jorginho, William, Havertz....have I forgotten anyone? Why have we been prepared to take their cast offs?
yes your right of course .......yes its a strange one ...who was the worst...havetz/cech/or willian?
i would go for willian so far,,but havertz is diabolical
Can nketiah be class as a Chelsea reject?

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

The fraud has to go, spunked millions on players who are just no good. The goalkeeping situation is a joke, the defence is all over the place, the tippy tappy midfield passing is made of nightmares and we are crying out for 30+ goal scorer.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

It’s incredibly draining knowing that it’s not going to change.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Here's a prediction. Salah will take the Saudi league money, if not now then certainly in the summer. Klopp will buy a want-away Saka as his replacement, at a price which reflects his form this season, rather than what he would have been worth a year ago. He will turn Saka into the player we knew he was capable of being, especially every time they play us. He will tear Zinchenko or Kiwior a new one every time (Timber will be permanently injured).

You read it here first.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:28 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:27 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:26 pm
Football managers are supposed to see things that us average fans don't.
Why then is it that all the world can see that we can't finish our dinner and that Havertz should not play as a 9.
We actually had a striker on the bench and didn't use him early enough.

This is a 2nd string Liverpool side.
Just SO disappointing.
Which striker was on the bench. Eddie is worse than klive.
Nketiah a better striker than Havertz.
Do you realise how utterly ridiculous that sentence sounds?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Merkin head is obsessed with copying Pep.
4 centre backs across defence or inverting full backs, false 9's, JdP tactics/formations. Some people call him generational.... He's a plagiarist that's all, he's just copying a previously successful set up. Problem is, times have changed and that is no longer the way to win!

Here's something radical...... Get two full backs who can defend and make runs forward. Buy someone who can play alongside Rice in a double pivot, someone who stays fit for more than 3 games in a row. Give Saka and Martinelli licence to roam, don't have them standing on the touchline waiting for the ball all game. Bin Havertz, Zinchenko, Kiwior, Jorginho, Jesus, Eddie, Nelson. Sign a quality Striker and a quality attacking central midfielder along with the RB and CM we need.
Last thing, mix up the tactics/formations ffs!! Double pivot against the better teams away, single pivot at home to the lesser teams etc. Fuck the inverting full back bollocks, it's not needed if your midfield is good enough!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

I'm playing my first season of Football Manager 24.
3 points clear on January 1st and I've just bought Osimhen to fire me to the title.

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:09 pm
3 points clear on January 1st and I've just bought Osimhen to fire me to the title.
Buy Havertz in the window, that'll set fire to your title chances

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:31 pm
Thynker wrote:
He's already in the squad. Is this year's squad.
I held on to Tierney.
Just sold Ruell Walters for 15.75M!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:38 pm
Reno Gooner wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:31 pm
Thynker wrote:
He's already in the squad. Is this year's squad.
I held on to Tierney.
Just sold Ruell Walters for 15.75M!
Resign now. See if it works in real life.