Forest fartboxes A Tue 30th Jan KO 730pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Forest fartboxes A Tue 30th Jan KO 730pm

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mikel Arteta on the incident between Benjamin White and Oleksandr Zinchenko at the final whistle between #Arsenal and Nottingham Forest:

🗣️ “That’s pushing each other and being not happy conceding and I have to encourage that and promote it in the right way and a respectful way. Sometimes after the game it’s emotional and heated but I love that the players are pushing each other and demanding excellence.”

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If the fans are pissed off about conceding from the same long diagonal over the top of Zinchenko then you can be sure the players are too.

Defenders love a clean sheet and been done by a carbon copy pass every other game will piss them off. I feared the worst as that ball was floated towards Zinchenko, as soon as it went over his head I just knew they’d score.

Fucking Groundhog Day :banghead:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:03 pm
If the fans are pissed off about conceding from the same long diagonal over the top of Zinchenko then you can be sure the players are too.

Defenders love a clean sheet and been done by a carbon copy pass every other game will piss them off. I feared the worst as that ball was floated towards Zinchenko, as soon as it went over his head I just knew they’d score.

He is a defensive liability and for all his possession on the ball does very little with it but our defenders seem under instruction to always use Zinchenko :banghead:

Reno Gooner

Re: Forest fartboxes A Tue 30th Jan KO 745pm

Post by Reno Gooner »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:53 am
Second game of the unbeaten, fan placating run against bottom half strugglers . A scrappy 1-2 victory as we continue to right the ship, until the next rocky spell of 1 out of a possible 12 points...........Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.........

It's Wenger all over again.
Told you, exactly what I expected. If anyone thinks we are challenging for the title, never mind winning it, they need to be sectioned.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:28 pm
Struggling to score despite having all the possession and chances in games yet conceding from almost every attempt the opposition have is worryingly becoming the norm.

What the fuck is that all about :banghead:

It's exactly the way that Arsene likes it and Mikel listens like the obedient boy he is.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:36 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Struggling to score despite having all the possession and chances in games yet conceding from almost every attempt the opposition have is worryingly becoming the norm.

It's exactly the way that Arsene likes it and Mikel listens like the obedient boy he is.

I've said this before and it's obviously not a stat that the stat people provide, but I'd love to know our ratio of possession to shots that the keeper has to save. not shots that are blocked or fly into the crowd, but shots that actually work the keeper. In that first half we had 80% possession, yet I'm not sure that I can remember their keeper making a save.

We must comfortably have the lowest possession to shots that work the keeper stats in the PL.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:

Rest assured pep's cone boy is a genius and will have recognised that issue and will be working night and day to remedy that - either that or the arrogant cock will believe that he is so good that he can send a team out to play without anyone playing left back and still win the game :roll: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:44 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

I've said this before and it's obviously not a stat that the stat people provide, but I'd love to know our ratio of possession to shots that the keeper has to save. not shots that are blocked or fly into the crowd, but shots that actually work the keeper. In that first half we had 80% possession, yet I'm not sure that I can remember their keeper making a save.

We must comfortably have the lowest possession to shots that work the keeper stats in the PL.
I can't even imagine how low that number would be mate. We are absolutely appalling in front of goal.

We have so many issues. We are weak defensively, but we do create opportunities for players to shoot. But we have no one capable of repeatedly putting in decent shots.

And yet the manager cannot see that huge weakness.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:25 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:44 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

I can't even imagine how low that number would be mate. We are absolutely appalling in front of goal.

We have so many issues. We are weak defensively, but we do create opportunities for players to shoot. But we have no one capable of repeatedly putting in decent shots.

And yet the manager cannot see that huge weakness.

Mkl is dead....long live Mkll.

:(

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:37 am
rodders999 wrote:

Rest assured pep's cone boy is a genius and will have recognised that issue and will be working night and day to remedy that - either that or the arrogant cock will believe that he is so good that he can send a team out to play without anyone playing left back and still win the game :roll: :banghead:
Zinchenko was appalling all night. Mainly taking six touches and pass backwards or forward passes directly to the opposition. For the forest goal he was a yard behind the defensive line. The rest of the defence stepped up and he got caught. That's why Ben White had the arse with him.

Diet Pep's in game management is just so bad :banghead:

Just like the latter TOF years :suicide:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:43 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:36 pm
Not seen it.

Glad 3 points. Assume oderaggard was his typical overcomplicated hold on to long self against a apacked defence of relegation fodder?

With him in the team let alone captain plus liabilities like zinchenko, havertz and nketiah we will do very well to get top 4/5.

We need 50 chanches to score oppo always score off 1 of there 3 chances.

We have gone backwards massively and deliberately. Pure self harm.
That’s happening so regularly now it can’t just be a coincidence.

Forest had 3 shots on target tonight, 2 of those came in injury time and one of them was the goal. This is now happening game after game after game.

We had 74% possession, 19 attempts and 10 corners yet we’re hanging on at the death for dear life. Have to fucking put these games that we completely dominate to bed :banghead:
Agree - although the counter argument is that we somehow have the 2nd best defensive record in the PL

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:56 am
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:43 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:36 pm
Not seen it.

Glad 3 points. Assume oderaggard was his typical overcomplicated hold on to long self against a apacked defence of relegation fodder?

With him in the team let alone captain plus liabilities like zinchenko, havertz and nketiah we will do very well to get top 4/5.

We need 50 chanches to score oppo always score off 1 of there 3 chances.

We have gone backwards massively and deliberately. Pure self harm.
That’s happening so regularly now it can’t just be a coincidence.

Forest had 3 shots on target tonight, 2 of those came in injury time and one of them was the goal. This is now happening game after game after game.

We had 74% possession, 19 attempts and 10 corners yet we’re hanging on at the death for dear life. Have to fucking put these games that we completely dominate to bed :banghead:
Agree - although the counter argument is that we somehow have the 2nd best defensive record in the PL
Get rid of Zinchenko and we would likely have the best defensive record.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Slugchenko IS the reincarnation of Xhaka in his early years, a disaster of a player with a mythical talent for passing that never actually happens in real life!!