Red dippers H Sun 4th Feb KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Red dippers H Sun 4th Feb KO 430pm

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:57 pm
The thing is there is a Difference in the Mind Set of the Players and the Mind Set of Arteta. In that the players have punched their cun.ts out for 96 minutes going through all kinds of physical. psychological and emotional experiences; whilst knowing the Importance of the outcome can (for me) be excused to a certain degree. I'm sure most of us in our younger days have played in games against either the local rivals or the school that usually wins everything and having won or lost have gone through all kinds of emotions and at the end of the game/s: depending on the outcome have acted in ways we might not usually do, but I recall one game ( a semi-final of a Schools Cup - Under 15yrs when we won and all of of literally went "Apeshit" crazy because we were expected to get beaten easily. It ends dup with fights all over the pitch due primarily to the Opponents being Bad Losers.
So, I can forgive our players being 'Over-joyed' with relief, happiness etc Having no doubt worked hard all week to achieve the Win. (*) But the manager should be a tad more 'Professional' (A La George Graham when we beat the Scousers in 89 to win the title) BUT having said all that. A) It was Soooo Enjoyable to beat The Victims (especially with their Whinging, Gobshyte fans) and whose manager is the Prime Example of cuntyWinner / Sore-Loser. B) Fuck-em and the CuntyMedia Whores who have their tongues so far up Klopps sphincter they all need Tetanus Jabs.

Sing THE Arsenal 3 - 1

Sing THE Arsenal 3 - 1

Sing THE Arsenal 3 - 1

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

(*) Edit: Also let's not forget how Stupid Teeth used his Fist Pumping and all his histrionics to get every advantage he could over Arteta, The Team and Us to get a result in both of last seasons games with us. Put it this way Klopp is a C.U.N.T Arteta is just not a good manager.

They're the teams for whom I was always playing. 8)

:lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:15 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:57 pm
The thing is there is a Difference in the Mind Set of the Players and the Mind Set of Arteta. In that the players have punched their cun.ts out for 96 minutes going through all kinds of physical. psychological and emotional experiences; whilst knowing the Importance of the outcome can (for me) be excused to a certain degree. I'm sure most of us in our younger days have played in games against either the local rivals or the school that usually wins everything and having won or lost have gone through all kinds of emotions and at the end of the game/s: depending on the outcome have acted in ways we might not usually do, but I recall one game ( a semi-final of a Schools Cup - Under 15yrs when we won and all of of literally went "Apeshit" crazy because we were expected to get beaten easily. It ends dup with fights all over the pitch due primarily to the Opponents being Bad Losers.
So, I can forgive our players being 'Over-joyed' with relief, happiness etc Having no doubt worked hard all week to achieve the Win. (*) But the manager should be a tad more 'Professional' (A La George Graham when we beat the Scousers in 89 to win the title) BUT having said all that. A) It was Soooo Enjoyable to beat The Victims (especially with their Whinging, Gobshyte fans) and whose manager is the Prime Example of cuntyWinner / Sore-Loser. B) Fuck-em and the CuntyMedia Whores who have their tongues so far up Klopps sphincter they all need Tetanus Jabs.

Sing THE Arsenal 3 - 1

Sing THE Arsenal 3 - 1

Sing THE Arsenal 3 - 1

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

(*) Edit: Also let's not forget how Stupid Teeth used his Fist Pumping and all his histrionics to get every advantage he could over Arteta, The Team and Us to get a result in both of last seasons games with us. Put it this way Klopp is a C.U.N.T Arteta is just not a good manager.

They're the teams for whom I was always playing. 8)

:lol: :wink:
:shock: :lol: :lol:

I always knew there was something 'familiar' about you. :D :wink:

John F

Post by John F »

We need to stop acting like an underdog FA Cup tie-winning side and ease up on the over-the-top celebrations when we win a game. A side that is confident that it can win would not do this until it wins a Trophy We should have the mindset that we won thank the fans and then move on to thinking about the next game.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

John F wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:49 pm
We need to stop acting like an underdog FA Cup tie-winning side and ease up on the over-the-top celebrations when we win a game. A side that is confident that it can win would not do this until it wins a Trophy We should have the mindset that we won thank the fans and then move on to thinking about the next game.

8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:19 pm
John F wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:49 pm

8)
8) 8)

Midz

Post by Midz »

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wànker SlySports still taking the piss about our players over celebrating. Fucking hell, move on you cùnts. You spend weeks advertising and building up that game and now you use this to beat on the winners because our win didn't comply with your Stupid Teeth agenda. :censored: :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:51 pm
Wànker SlySports still taking the piss about our players over celebrating. Fucking hell, move on you cùnts. You spend weeks advertising and building up that game and now you use this to beat on the winners because our win didn't comply with your Stupid Teeth agenda. :censored: :roll:

Two ways to look at this -

1. GG and his players would have used this to form a siege mentality of us against the world and used it as motivation to shove it down their throats

but on other hand

2. GG and his players would have been more reserved in their celebrations because we are The Arsenal and should be beating the likes of victims cos we are as good as anyone, and we wont celebrate until the job is finished and trophy is ours

I'm not going ott either way on this - yes I think that some of the celebrations was cringy/OTT, but it wasnt worthy of the media backlash we are seeing and its ironic that the media are more guilty of going OTT than we are here imo.

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

augie wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:54 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:51 pm

Two ways to look at this -

1. GG and his players would have used this to form a siege mentality of us against the world and used it as motivation to shove it down their throats

but on other hand

2. GG and his players would have been more reserved in their celebrations because we are The Arsenal and should be beating the likes of victims cos we are as good as anyone, and we wont celebrate until the job is finished and trophy is ours

I'm not going ott either way on this - yes I think that some of the celebrations was cringy/OTT, but it wasnt worthy of the media backlash we are seeing and its ironic that the media are more guilty of going OTT than we are here imo.
^ ^ ^ This
We need to adopt that old school mentality.

But the double standards from the media whores makes me fucking sick. I assume if say the blue dippers avoid relegation and the ginger twat goes off on one that is acceptable?

Anyhoo, still beaming at the result and also the manner of it. The fact we restricted the victims to one shot on target is a decent days work.

A couple of take homes from the game - Jesus (injured), Eddie (rubbish), Havertz (erm....) they are all shit upfront. We have a better shape when Lobotomy Zinchenko isn't playing. Kiwior isn't great but he does hold his defensive position. And Rice plays better when he has someone alongside that allows him to play a more natural game, Jorginho did this. And Martinelli Roasted TAA again :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

get used to it they hate us....it goes back over 50 years

the wanker who rose this criticism was a scouse who SPITS at kids ...are we meant to take notice of that scum?

How many times have they critised us ...under wenger it was southern softies who cant take a tackle....particularly stoke rose to that challenge kicking us all over the pitch

Recent times its arteta over celebrating....

when we win its over celebrating...never heard that about that fucker mourinho when he used to go running down the line

fuck em all....we are the Arsenal and fuck all the rest

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:29 pm
get used to it they hate us....it goes back over 50 years

the wanker who rose this criticism was a scouse who SPITS at kids ...are we meant to take notice of that scum?

How many times have they critised us ...under wenger it was southern softies who cant take a tackle....particularly stoke rose to that challenge kicking us all over the pitch

Recent times its arteta over celebrating....

when we win its over celebrating...never heard that about that fucker mourinho when he used to go running down the line

fuck em all....we are the Arsenal and fuck all the rest
I love the fact that we are pissing people off left, right and centre, it means they are worried about us.

The media are 2 faced hypocrites- why film the celebrations from our players ? They could just go straight back to the know fuck all pundits who predicted Liverpools famous win.

I agree we shouldn’t go over the top, nothing won except 3, highly valuable points, but you may as well say to fans not to celebrate the first goal in a match, cos you don’t know if it will be the winner till the end of the game.

They are all probably upset as they pre written / had ready all the sound bites about Klopp top or some such bullshit and we spoiled it

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

The North West Teams loving media have always had it in for us since GG was the one who really "knocked Liverpool off their perch" in the 89 to 91, they just rewrote it that was Ferguson.

Regarding the celebrating, I'm all for more less of a goal celebration if we score in a tight game with 20-25 mins left (like against the Swampies earlier this season when it bit is on our arses), but in a big game like that we should fill our boots at the end.

What's with trying to take the fun out of the game, it's already so sanitised with VAR you can't even celebrate after a goal nowadays until 5 minutes later?

Personally I'm loving that they're all so rattled though. Fuck 'em!

This article particularly made me laugh and shake my head in equal measure from the hypocrisy.

https://www.football365.com/news/opinio ... -carragher
The highest-ranking Arsenal-hating Celebration Police officers revealed

The Celebration Police are coming for you
Arsenal won an important game of football at the weekend, so that means the Celebration Police are out in force and making sure nobody gets away with enjoying it.

This joyless anti-fun taskforce isn’t solely concerned with Arsenal, but there’s no point pretending they aren’t its primary focus. Here’s our top 10 of the ranking officers, headed inevitably by Chief Inspector Keys.

10) Jason Cundy
Because it’s not just Arsenal who can fall victim to the Celebration Police. Although it is quite often Arsenal. For Cundy, though, it was Newcastle who left him sickened and appalled by being happy about a thing.

“They are a club that are used to failure,” he harrumphed while issuing a fixed penalty notice for Flagrant Happiness and Carrying On Like You’ve Won Something. “This is why they are celebrating the way they are. They think they’re a big football club and they’re not.”

That was them told. Newcastle will certainly think twice the next time they even think about doing something so silly as celebrating and being happy about qualifying for the Champions League after a two-decade absence. They hadn’t even won the Champions League! Which is the only Champions League-related thing you are allowed to celebrate!

9) Gary Neville
Neville can be more thoughtful in his criticism than some of his fellow officers, and might have half a point in his comments about immaturity and whether Arsenal have enough “calm heads” in the dressing room to try and keep the players on something approaching an even keel.

But he is guilty of using the Keysian phrase ‘over-celebrations’ – specifically in his case about the 4-2 win over Aston Villa when Arsenal scored in the 93rd and 98th minute to win a game they had trailed with half an hour to go. There really are no ‘over-celebrations’ at this point. Or indeed at any point.

There are worse and more joyless members of the force than Neville, but anyone using ‘over-celebrations’ is an instant red flag.

8 - Jamie Carragher
Highlighted the danger of allowing pundits to talk over footage of players celebrating in the immediate aftermath of vital wins over their former team when getting enormously cross about some entirely harmless to and fro between Martin Odegaard and an Arsenal club photographer.

“Just get down the tunnel. You’ve won a game, three points. They’ve been brilliant, back in the title race… get down the tunnel.”

There was at least some suggestion Carragher was rowing back slightly on that extremely rattled initial response when he later channelled Neil Warnock by tweeting: ‘By all means enjoy it, but enjoy it by being disciplined!’

7) Rio Ferdinand
A brilliant contribution to the discourse around Sunday’s game from the former Man United man, who started off with the traditional “I thought Arsenal won the league the way your man was celebrating” before branching out into some interesting new areas. We very much enjoyed the observation about Mikel Arteta getting “his 10,000 steps” in before the attempt at detached amusement unravelled as he called Arsenal “Deluded FC” for being happy about a win over Liverpool.

What was particularly good about this was that Ferdinand’s reasoning was that it isn’t even Liverpool who Arsenal should be worried about, but Man City and their two games in hand. There is something wonderful about the idea that Arsenal wouldn’t be aware of three-time defending champions Man City’s position, and also the idea that Arsenal have been somehow foolish or missed an opportunity by stupidly failing to beat Manchester City in a game against Liverpool.

Naturally, given the undoubted brilliance and thus importance of Manchester City, Ferdinand had no issue with Arsenal celebrating a win against them. Oh wait.

6) Graeme Souness
Perhaps the most absurd of all Celebration Police officers, which takes some doing given who else is on this list. But while others have made absolute arses of themselves over some very trivial things indeed, only Souness has managed to get quite so rattled by something as seemingly unproblematic as a clock.

Arsenal – because of course it was Arsenal – were in his crosshairs for having a photo taken with a replica of the old Clock End clock after a 3-0 away win over Fulham. To an ordinary member of the public, this might seem quite harmless. You might not even realise it was bad at all. To a highly trained Celebration Police officer, though, it is a sure sign of Arsenal’s fundamental flaws and also those of Modern Football in general.

“Is this what the modern game has become?” he old-man-yelled-at-clouds, before adding darkly that Arteta “has form for such nonsense”.

5) Jamie O’Hara
Told Arsenal to ‘settle down’ after daring to celebrate beating Manchester City in the Community Shield before finishing his point with the traditional ‘like they’ve won the Champions League’.

As an aside, it would be quite something to see precisely how Arsenal would celebrate winning the Champions League and we are 99 per cent sure they would still get a slap on the wrist for going over the top about it.

More recently issued a caution to Newcastle for celebrating an FA Cup win over local rivals Sunderland, which is clearly unacceptable. How precisely were Newcastle celebrating this win? “Like you’d won the FA Cup.” Of course they were.

But as a former Spurs midfielder turned mid-ranking Celebration Police officer you already know where and when he is at his busiest. His finest bit of celebration policing surely came after Arsenal beat Spurs 3-1 back in 2021, a result which according to O’Hara, Arsenal celebrated like they’d won the league, won the title and in a virtuoso flourish “won Europe”.

“It’s embarrassing,” O’Hara concluded. It sure is, Jamie. It sure is.

4) Roy Keane
Showed his range by recently getting cross with Marcus Rashford for being insufficiently happy after scoring against Tottenham, but mainly to be found looking suspiciously at Brazilian players dancing while winning World Cup knockout games.

I’ve never seen so much dancing. It’s like watching Strictly!

I don’t like this. I know it’s about culture, but I think it’s really disrespectful to the opposition.

It’s 4-0 and they’re doing it every time.

‘I don’t mind the first jig but after that and then the manager getting involved with it? I’m not happy with it, I don’t think it’s good at all.”

Wonderfully on-brand stuff from the great man, who at the very same tournament was to be found whipping off his shirt and celebrating like he’d won a five-a-side kickabout between ITV and BBC pundits.

As is necessary for all Celebration Police officers, Keane always keeps a close eye on Arsenal. A 4-0 win over Newcastle back in 2020 attracted notable derision from the former United skipper, who produced an interesting variation on the traditional “carrying on like they’ve won something” with an “I thought they were 10 points clear at the top of the league the way they were celebrating”.

This is particularly noteworthy now, because Arsenal celebrating wins when they were several points clear at the top of the league last season was also by then entirely unacceptable.

3) Chris Sutton
There’s more than a hint of the performative about the grumpy media niche Sutton has carved for himself, and some of the lowest-hanging fruit for that role comes from celebration policing. Sutton should be better than that, really, but it too often proves irresistible.

Among his targets have been Mykhaylo Mudryk after scoring against Arsenal (“I don’t think you should be allowed to celebrate a goal if you don’t mean it”), Rangers for celebrating a win over Celtic despite not winning any trophies (“I would be ashamed to hear that guff”), Rangers for celebrating reaching the Europa League group stage (“How low is the bar?”) and Rangers manager Steven Gerrard with a classic “celebrating like he’d won the league” after beating Celtic.

Definite theme emerging for the former Celtic striker here – can’t think why – and Sutton remains one of the most likely officers in the entire force to deploy a withering “Carrying on like they’d won the Champions League/World Cup/Scottish League Cup”.

2) Gabriel Agbonlahor
The former Aston Villa striker turned radio gobsh*te had an attack of the vapours when Arsenal celebrated a 1-0 win at Villa Park in 2022, issuing a textbook ‘like they’d won the Champions League’, with his subsequent apology after being schooled by Laura Woods somewhat undone by then getting very cross with, checks notes, Arsenal celebrating a win at Villa Park in 2023.

His ire this time was reserved for Gabriel Martinelli and his apparent “lack of respect” for celebrating before he’d even scored. This is, of course, one of the very best things a footballer can do. There are two reasons. First, imagine if they then somehow Ronnie Rosenthaled the open goal having already celebrated and how funny that would be. Second, a successful pre-celebration such as Martinelli’s is guaranteed to generate enough salt to keep the roads clear in even the harshest of winters.

Agbonlahor added: “He was celebrating like he’d won a cup final, that’s what fans want to see.” Oh, sorry, no. My mistake. That was former Aston Villa player Gabriel Agbonlahor on then Aston Villa boss Steven Gerrard after an Aston Villa victory. Not sure what made that one different.

1) Richard Keys
It cannot be healthy to hate anyone or anything as much as Keys hates Mikel Arteta. Keys is far from the only officer to target Arsenal for the bulk of his policing work, but he is the most virulent and repetitive and a huge reason why it is perceived so much as an anti-Arsenal thing rather than a more general anti-fun thing.

Few are more committed to the bit than ol’ hairy hands. Beating title rivals Liverpool was never going to be enough to justify whatever celebrations Arteta served up, with Keys bizarrely suggesting that Arteta should show a “little more class” and “a bit of dignity” which is, let’s just say, extremely f***ing rich. His main issue here was seemingly that Arsenal’s second goal was “a gift” and of course we all know you’re only actually allowed to celebrate 30-yard thunderbastards, aren’t you?

Of course, we must take this criticism in good faith from a man who was unhappy with Arsenal’s celebrations after beating Fulham because they were a newly-promoted side and Arsenal were, you guessed it, ‘running around like they’d just won the CL’.

“Save the drama for a win over Spurs,” he insisted at the time. Then when Aaron Ramsdale got kicked by a Spurs supporter for celebrating a win over Spurs, Richard Keys blamed… Ramsdale. And Arteta. And Ben White.

Ramsdale’s got form for winding supporters up and apparently has been having an exchange during the course of that second half with those Tottenham fans. Ben White as well who was over there.

You know, 2-0 to Arsenal, you know, that. My fear is and I’ve said it for a long time now, that the guy in the middle there [Arteta] is the one that’s most to blame for the inflammatory behaviour on the touchline.

And if he’s not behaving himself, then it’s likely that others in his team are not going to either. Who ultimately then becomes the master of discipline? That isn’t anyone."

What’s great about Keys is that for a high-ranking officer, he isn’t afraid to get involved in the small stuff either, highlighted by his obsession with Arteta’s wanderings beyond his technical area. You just know Keys would give him a ticket if he could.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Richard Keys has become a real c.unt since he left Sky.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:13 pm
Richard Keys has become a real c.unt since he left Sky.
He didn't leave mate he was "Pushed"; him and the other Perv (H)Andy Grey - Both faced numerous accusations of Groping and making Lewd Suggestions and Comments" to Female members of staff, so Sky either faced Lot's of Unhealthy Days in Court and all the accompanying headlines Or Usher the 2 Pervs out of the door.

It is well known that Keys (aka: Hairy Hands) Shagged his daughter's best friend (*) Whilst his missus was undergoing Chemo Treatment for Cancer, yup! He's a real charmer.

(*)
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... s-30339296

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

You can win these games when you are class off the ball. Out of possession we are so well drilled. Gone are the days where we used to ship three goals minimum to Liverpool or City home and away.

Im really looking forward to the City away game. We shut them out at home, and were very tight in our games v Liverpool. Can we go to the Etihad and limit City in thier own backyard, and potentially win?

Its for this this reason I am optimistic about our CL hopes. 5 times we have played Liverpool and Man City this season, and the aggregate is 6-5. Albeit 2 home games, one away game and a neutral venue at a community shield (city fielded a very strong team). If you can do this against Liverpool and Man City, why not Real Madrid or Bayern?

ANd still so many of you would be happy to sack Arteta and 'give someone else a go'.