Red dippers H Sun 4th Feb KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Red dippers H Sun 4th Feb KO 430pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up it's this shower of filth at ours.They have the Chavs tomorrow so we have 24hrs more to prepare.Itll be a hard game for sure it always is against these.

DB10GOONER

Re: Red dippers H Sun 4th Feb KO 430pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

As much as I hate the Fulham based chav$ I hope they destroy and demotivate the murdering mousers* to the extent they barely turn up against us.

But I fear our stagnant tippy tappy sideways Wengerball will see us struggle to score and with Zinchenko and Pug, and sometimes Gabriel too, we have a defensive clanger never too far away. :|

Heart says we fuck em good and hard 3-0. :box:
Gut says we might scrape a 2-1 win. :D
Head says we draw 1-1. :(

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Anthony Taylor will take charge of #Arsenal’s #PL tie against Liverpool on Sunday.

#ARSLIV

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We somehow managed to get a draw at their toilet, but then they turned us over at ours in the FA Cup. We most definitely CAN beat theseCunts but they have a better bench & manager than us. Our back up piss-poor excuse for a striker is the feather, whereas they can call upon Jota (who always scores against us) or Gakpo and both are leagues better than eddie the wet feather. Also we do not have a Left Back; Tomi is away, kiwior is non-existent and zinchenko is a total liability, so with either Diaz or that smarmyCunt nunez on their right flank that alone is a Nightmare. Martinelli can rip alexaner-arnold a new one if he is on it, but will need to run his bollocks off to help out the hapless zinchenko.

The rest of our defence will need to be Absolutely On It 101% and with salah missing it is one of the few advantages we have. But of course our forward line will need to take their chances and if they fuck-about with the tippy-tippy shyte like they have been doing and squandering chance after chance after chance by trying to walk the ball into the net then for sure we will lose.

I would suggest that if we do lose this any thoughts of us even being involved in the title challenge; which I do not think we are capable of in our present very weak state with arteta as manager. kai-live as god knows what other than useless and invisible. zinchenko, cedric & kiwior as supposed defenders :roll: and of course Eddie as our so-called striker...we will then be in with all the other also-rans whilst Cheaty and the Victims fight it out.

A MUST win, but then even if we do win, we will just have helped cheaty.

Fuckin' Depressing or what.

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:06 pm
We somehow managed to get a draw at their toilet, but then they turned us over at ours in the FA Cup. We most definitely CAN beat theseCunts but they have a better bench & manager than us. Our back up piss-poor excuse for a striker is the feather, whereas they can call upon Jota (who always scores against us) or Gakpo and both are leagues better than eddie the wet feather. Also we do not have a Left Back; Tomi is away, kiwior is non-existent and zinchenko is a total liability, so with either Diaz or that smarmyCunt nunez on their right flank that alone is a Nightmare. Martinelli can rip alexaner-arnold a new one if he is on it, but will need to run his bollocks off to help out the hapless zinchenko.

The rest of our defence will need to be Absolutely On It 101% and with salah missing it is one of the few advantages we have. But of course our forward line will need to take their chances and if they fuck-about with the tippy-tippy shyte like they have been doing and squandering chance after chance after chance by trying to walk the ball into the net then for sure we will lose.

I would suggest that if we do lose this any thoughts of us even being involved in the title challenge; which I do not think we are capable of in our present very weak state with arteta as manager. kai-live as god knows what other than useless and invisible. zinchenko, cedric & kiwior as supposed defenders :roll: and of course Eddie as our so-called striker...we will then be in with all the other also-rans whilst Cheaty and the Victims fight it out.

Even if we get something here, we won't challenge for the title. We might see flickers of false hope but that will be comprehensibly laid to rest at the business end of the season. Hope always dies last.

TBH, the whole thing has become boring, we seem to have been in a continuous, repetitive circle for the past 2 decades.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I think this is where we bow out of any title chasing. It's a shame but we're not strong enough.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Midz wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:14 pm
I think this is where we bow out of any title chasing. It's a shame but we're not strong enough.
A loss is certainly ending any lingering aspirations
A win and who knows …..

A draw puts City back as favourites

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:00 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

Even if we get something here, we won't challenge for the title. We might see flickers of false hope but that will be comprehensibly laid to rest at the business end of the season. Hope always dies last.

TBH, the whole thing has become boring, we seem to have been in a continuous, repetitive circle for the past 2 decades.
That's the killer. It's become so predictable and boring and tedious and demotivating that I'm struggling to maintain any interest in a club that I used to live and breath. Add to that how VAR has ruined the game as a spectacle, and the pimping of the shit little clubs like citeh and chav$ki and the beerbellies, and I'm so close to being fucking done with it that it scares me. :(

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

I hear you DB....preaching to the choir brother.I used to be out with my wife and orchestrate things so I could somehow watch us play, even if it meant going home. Not anymore, I'm not giving up anything meaningful to watch us. The bottom line is that none of the players live and breathe The Arsenal.........and if they don't, why should I? The fans shouldn't be more invested than the players???

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:40 am
I hear you DB....preaching to the choir brother.I used to be out with my wife and orchestrate things so I could somehow watch us play, even if it meant going home. Not anymore, I'm not giving up anything meaningful to watch us. The bottom line is that none of the players live and breathe The Arsenal.........and if they don't, why should I? The fans shouldn't be more invested than the players???

While I agree with the sentiment entirely, I feel compelled to make a small correction....being out with the missus isn't meaningful. :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Too true Reno, I think that statement alone says everything about not just Arsenal but about the game itself. I too used to find excuses or do other stuff to avoid missing a game, but those days are gone. When you have a manager whose arrogance allows him to spend £68 (not £65!) Million on a chav reject AND award him the highest wages out of all the players (£300k a fuckin week!) A player who has contributed the sum total of fuck-all since he arrived, but because of that arrogance legohead refuses to admit his error and continues to play him ahead of younger better players (ESR). That is besides all the other dross he has brought in and paid good money for, it just makes me feel like "Well, why bother?". Sad but True. :goingtobed:
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Reno Gooner wrote:
i am starting to think everyone is just that bit less engaged with football generally than before.

1. what i call the dilution of football. there are now matches pretty much every day televised and nobody can keep up with what is going on anymore. when more matches kicked off at the same time you were aware of what other teams were doing more. tonight it is match night 3 of this current round of PL matches, I have no interest in either match so won't be watching. Matches are much less of an "event" these days.

2. 20 years ago I really think you had far more youngsters/guys in their 20s showing far more interest watching in the pubs - nowadays the people in there more engaged tend to be the older generations. the younger generation can't afford to watch in the pubs as much as they used to and are also priced out of most PL matches - so the interest is not there. lower league matches are attracting the younger generation though which is good.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

In my honest and humble opinion,Red Dippers is nowhere near abusive enough for these shower of pitiful wankspangles

Hate this lot more than Sp*ds and the c unts from East Fulham

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:04 pm
Reno Gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:00 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

That's the killer. It's become so predictable and boring and tedious and demotivating that I'm struggling to maintain any interest in a club that I used to live and breath. Add to that how VAR has ruined the game as a spectacle, and the pimping of the shit little clubs like citeh and chav$ki and the beerbellies, and I'm so close to being fucking done with it that it scares me. :(

This is exactly how I feel and to be honest, I lost interest in this season after the debacle over Christmas. I said somewhere on the forum a few days ago that at no time last season did I expect us to win the league, so didn't take the habitual collapse too badly. However, the season had been promising enough to ignite the enthusiasm and passion that I honestly doubted could ever return after the final 12 years of Wenger.

Unfortunately and beginning with the lunatic and soul destroying signing of Havertz...after the joy of seeing Xhaka finally fuck off...it was apparent from the very start of this season that we were regressing. We're nowhere near side that we were last season and Arteta has fucked with the system and the style of play. Gone is the high tempo and slick passing, replaced by the mind numbing tedium of Wengeresque possesssion to no real end football. Endless passes, sideways and backwards, while the opposition get into position and keep everything in front of them. Add to this Arteta's refusal to see how desperately we need a striker, despite our complete impotence up front.

We're also still a physically lightweight side, that always seem to lack the power, grit, determination and aggression of other sides. I know how disliked Liverpool are on this forum, but you have to admit that there's a spirit and fight running through that club that gets them through even when they're up against it. I'm sure Klopp is highly motivational, but they've always had that spirit, just think back to the Cardiff final against us, where they should have been buried and Istanbul against Milan, where they had been buried at half time. Watching them last night, even without Salah, they play with a verve, tempo and dynamism that makes us look geriatric. They fight for every ball and frequently win challenges that are 60/40 against them, whereas we lose challenges that are 60/40 in our favour. City are a very technical passing side, but like the scousers move the ball quickly and get from back to front at speed, which is a nightmare to defend against. Our pedestrian build up couldn't be easier to shut out.

Anyway, as I've said previously, I had a basin full of hopeless nothingness for 12 years under the Old Fraud and it destroys the enjoyment and the soul. I can't fucking go through it again. It's not about entitlement, because I can take not winning things, but I can't take the self harm, the joylessness and the interminable cycle of always being 2 or 3 players short...despite in Arteta's case having spent a fortune...and the hopeless certainty of knowing how it always ends up. The bottom line is that given the stadium, the location, the heritage and the money we spend, we ought to be trading blows with the big boys. We haven't been doing that for years and we won't be doing it anytime soon. I have zero hope or enthusiasm for this season and anyone who genuinely thinks we can challenge for the title needs help. We'll do well to get 4th place. Still, I suppose that's a trophy. :roll:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Reno Gooner wrote: ↑

While I agree with the sentiment entirely, I feel compelled to make a small correction....being out with the missus isn't meaningful.
TBF, when I was out with Reno's missus, it was very meaningful :wink: :shock: :lol:

Something to extra fuck us for the weekend, ignoring the two blatant penalties that the ref/VAR ignored last night..........remember the handball by Odegaard at Anfield (it was a clear handball) but wasn't given......the ref who missed that and got pelters in the media afterwards......It was David Coote, and he is on VAR for the game at the weekend. We were going to struggle anyway but seriously, we're fucked now!!