West Ham murdering filth A Sun 11 Feb KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: West Ham murdering filth A Sun 11 Feb KO 2pm

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:25 pm
Absolutely mental that we’re offering Tomi a 4 year deal when he’s back after the Asia cup 4 dyas and crocked already :banghead:
Agreed, the guy is toilet.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Very good display and I can't stand that lot, so fucking great to not only beat them, but to properly tune 'em up. There was talk on here beforehand about West Ham being a troublesome side for us, but they're absolutely not. I think our PL points record against them is possibly only beaten by points taken against Everton (that stat does always surprise me), although I stand to be corrected on both counts. Mind you, I said the same before we played the Mockneys over Christmas and lived to rue that. Still, good to pay them back for the last two defeats.

We got them on the ropes early on and never let them off and the fight disappeared from them after the first goal. Shows what happens to a team that has been set up to sit deep, not concede and to nick a goal from a break or a set piece. Once we went in front, they didn't know what to do and after the second they really did roll over.

I've just seen that there are one or two positive comments about Havertz. Well, imo, he was ok in the first half, although with the caveat that the "ok" bar is set very, very low for him and would equal unacceptable for a decent footballer. In the second half, he was fucking woeful. Losing the ball or giving it away and his usual underhit, hospital passes, one that caused Odergaard to get caught late and could have seen him hurt.

Their keeper made a couple of good saves and this could have been double figures. Disappointing that he took so many key players off, when we might have rattled in another 3 or 4 with them still on the pitch, but I suppose it was a sensible decision to replace them.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:39 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:34 pm
Another great defensive display. Not the first time we have totally shut out teams and given them nothing. There have been a few individual errors throughout the course of the season that if they didnt occur, our defensive record would be better than it already is. Conceded the least amount of goals in the league and its deserving as we have the best defence in the league. We know what to do out of possession and are as good as anyone out of possession.

This is my biggest praise for Arteta. Our defence has always been an achilles heal, going years all the way back to Wenger. But now scoring against Arsenal is tough, and its because we are set up not to concede chances, to keep the ball well away from our box and starve the opposition of the team for long periods of a time. Our press is fantastic too. We have giants in the team who can win Aireal duels in both boxes, and we are physical and not the lightweight pushovers we used to be.
Yeah was crap with Adams, known, Campbell, Lauren, cashley, dicko, Nutty, Jens, spunky etc. Absoulte shite.
Yep, all those shit defenders Wenger had. :lol: :oops:

Don't waste your time mate, he's a borderline WUM. That world class defence he keeps spouting on about is one injury away from comedy gold defending unfortunately. One injury. We all know it. :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:50 pm
6 Goals in 3 Minute Highlights... Buckle In and ENJOY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-N0UXoWBSQ

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Will never get sick of watching those goals. :barscarf:

Brilliant win. 8)

And I love beating those murdering shitbags. :barscarf:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Another great defensive display. Not the first time we have totally shut out teams and given them nothing. There have been a few individual errors throughout the course of the season that if they didnt occur, our defensive record would be better than it already is. Conceded the least amount of goals in the league and its deserving as we have the best defence in the league. We know what to do out of possession and are as good as anyone out of possession.

This is my biggest praise for Arteta. Our defence has always been an achilles heal, going years all the way back to Wenger. But now scoring against Arsenal is tough, and its because we are set up not to concede chances, to keep the ball well away from our box and starve the opposition of the team for long periods of a time. Our press is fantastic too. We have giants in the team who can win Aireal duels in both boxes, and we are physical and not the lightweight pushovers we used to be.
Yeah was crap with Adams, known, Campbell, Lauren, cashley, dicko, Nutty, Jens, spunky etc. Absoulte shite.
Im talking about the later Wenger years. This is the best we have been defensive since those players.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Most satisfying win of the season for me. Even ahead of City and Pool at home.

Teams like West Ham have proven a headache for us recently with their defensive style, so to systematically take them apart and prove that we can find a solution to a conundrum that has wound up a lot of Gooners this season is pivotal for me. More of the same against Burnley next weekend, please.

That break in Dubai is proving pivotal, with Dekkers now a key cog in our set-piece routines. And what a way to shut the Worst Ham fans up, with that screamer. And the way he behaved after, with nothing but respect for his former employers even turned their fans around. I heard a few Gooners in the home end said that their fans gave Dekkers a good reception when he left the pitch. Ivan Toney needs to take note, it looks like we will get him in the summer, and I for one hate his attitude. He could learn a lot from Rice. A proper nice all round bloke.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Not much praise for the performance on MOTD....had that well known critic troy deeney on who seemed to sum up not so much Arsenal were good but west ham poor and encouraging teams to be physical against them
some horrible crawling scouse fucker who tried to anlyse how to deal with The Arsenal from dead ball goals, going through how they should defend against us, nothing from our goals ....did not really hear too much positive for a fantastic Arsenal performance

could you imagine what they would have been like if it was Liverpool, City or Utd with such a win?....fucking biased *word censored*

our first 11 is as good as anyone on its day.....hoping we can build on this and go on a long unbeaten run....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:20 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:

Yep, all those shit defenders Wenger had. :lol: :oops:

Don't waste your time mate, he's a borderline WUM. That world class defence he keeps spouting on about is one injury away from comedy gold defending unfortunately. One injury. We all know it. :(
squad is really thin...our subs yesterday were piss poor and should not be in our squad....we loose Saliba and we are fucked...totally fucked

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:34 pm
Disappointing that he took so many key players off, when we might have rattled in another 3 or 4 with them still on the pitch, but I suppose it was a sensible decision to replace them.
As all our perma crocks are surprise surprise currently all crocked again it was definitely the right decision to give lads a rest. We're pretty much relying on the 11 players that started yesterday as being our first choice at the moment with little to no back up so the softly softly approach is the right one until we manage to get some of the sick notes back on the pitch again.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

We had 30 attempts at home to west ham, didn't score and lost the game. Yesterday we had 25 attempts and won 6 nil. It's a funny ol' game 8)

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:29 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:00 am
They were so shit even Retro scored apparently !
:shock:
:-P

https://www.arsenal.com/video/men/famou ... 0_icb4ga0y
:lol:

Great find. Retro will be insuferable now that his secret Arsenal career is public. :D :wink:
Just reading through the match thread and saw this. Modesty always prevented me from trumpeting my goal scoring exploits for the glorious Gunners, but I suppose the truth was always going to out.

As for insufferable....me? Never. :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:10 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:29 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:00 am
They were so shit even Retro scored apparently !
:shock:
:-P

https://www.arsenal.com/video/men/famou ... 0_icb4ga0y
:lol:

Great find. Retro will be insuferable now that his secret Arsenal career is public. :D :wink:
Just reading through the match thread and saw this. Modesty always prevented me from trumpeting my goal scoring exploits for the glorious Gunners, but I suppose the truth was always going to out.

As for insufferable....me? Never. :wink:
All Hail The Retro ! :bowing21:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Don't want to spoil the positive vibe, but some observations:

What exactly does Trossard have to do to earn a regular starting place in the side? A very good finisher who is always likely to score a goal and he needs a proper run in the team to see the best of him. No way on earth should Havertz ever be picked in front of him. Mind you, no way should Havertz ever be picked full stop.

Also, despite Kiwior being young and raw, how much better did the defence and the structure of the side look with a proper back four and no inverted full back bollocks? I know West Ham were poor, but we didn't miss Zinchenko one bit.

Also, imagine that side yesterday with a proper striker up front instead of Havertz. It would have been double figures.

EssexGooner1981

Post by EssexGooner1981 »

Hello, just saying Hi. I used to post here about 10 years ago as psychoangus but then left the job to which the email address was associated with and then forgot all about it :lol:

Glad to see the place is still the hive of positivity it always was :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:30 am
Not much praise for the performance on MOTD....had that well known critic troy deeney on who seemed to sum up not so much Arsenal were good but west ham poor and encouraging teams to be physical against them
some horrible crawling scouse fucker who tried to anlyse how to deal with The Arsenal from dead ball goals, going through how they should defend against us, nothing from our goals ....did not really hear too much positive for a fantastic Arsenal performance

could you imagine what they would have been like if it was Liverpool, City or Utd with such a win?....fucking biased *word censored*

our first 11 is as good as anyone on its day.....hoping we can build on this and go on a long unbeaten run....
Agreed, they literally didn't want to praise us at all, the idiot main host said "we'll get to praising Arsenal later" (did they fuck), deeney and that other idiot Scouse were trying to coach other teams in how to defend against Arsenal.

Funnily enough deeney did this earlier in the season after we scored a set piece or two, shows his coaching skills though doesn't it as we're way ahead in set piece goals.

Troy Deeney we want you to stay :barscarf: :barscarf: