Barcodes H Sat 24th Feb KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Thynker

Re: Barcodes H Sat 24th Feb KO 8pm

Post by Thynker »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:14 pm
This sentence was probably never uttered in the game before but I’m worried someone is going to come in and try to poach our set piece coach.

Unreal the amount of goals we’re scoring from corners at the moment.
Apparently Sheffield United have conceded the most from them

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

rodders999 wrote:
This sentence was probably never uttered in the game before but I’m worried someone is going to come in and try to poach our set piece coach.

Yeah I was thinking that during the game. Someone is going to try to grab him

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:48 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Yeah I was thinking that during the game. Someone is going to try to grab him

Snap IW8, had exactly the same thought. Seems to be very close with Arteta, although he’s French/German and a European big club can turn heads. Still, no point worrying about that I guess.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

After the cheating we experienced away in Newcastle, how enjoyable was it to destroy these cùnts. Only negative and il say it again, where would be if we signed a striker :banghead: but great win :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

We stoved the hole right out of these filthy no mark arseholes :barscarf: Lovely stuff after the way we got cheated at their shitehole.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

At 4-0 I was worried it might end up a draw !. :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Fantastic win last night and great atmosphere, helped by an afternoon down the boozer!

Re the set piece coaches, I don't think we are doing anything different to what George Graham used to drill into the players back in the day. So its not anything other clubs can't replicate just in modern day football, it could be argued that this tactic has been neglected as part of team strategy,

The key with our set pieces is we have ramped it up a level by allowing Dekkers to take corners, his delivery is spot on.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Just watched MOTD. Ian Wright is brilliant. He cracked me up saying that he was still available if we need him. :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

That Saka goal was something else. Absolutely world class. (shut up Rio)

augie

Post by augie »

Kile everyone else I found it extremely satisfying to stick it to the geordies after the way we were robbed up there 8) :barscarf: :barscarf:

MOTD highlights will never tell full story of course, but it looked like any issues we had was down ben white's side - would that be fair ?

Judging by comments on here is it fair to say that Jorginho played well ? I have said continually that I would play him more cos it releases rice to drive forward more and makes us a more positive team.

No shock though to see that yet again it was trossard that was dropped - I know the german dud finished well for his goal (but he missed an easier chance), but trossard had done more in recent weeks than the german dud and is still dropped :roll:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Havertz is a real enigma. Put him in front of goal or ask him to control a ball and he's fucking useless 99% of the time. But last night, his overall play was very good, he pressed really well, his movement was excellent and he cause the defenders loads of problems and it definitely left more space for Saka and Martinelli. Overall you can't help disliking him because the basics seem so hard for him, but with him in the team we seem to do well.......

I was watching the game on my laptop via a stream last night and I managed to capture a shot they showed from outside the stadium.....it's my new wallpaper now, not the best quality as it's a screenshot, but I love the whole picture with London in the background, I haven't been back for 7 years now and do miss the City.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:04 am
Kile everyone else I found it extremely satisfying to stick it to the geordies after the way we were robbed up there 8) :barscarf: :barscarf:

MOTD highlights will never tell full story of course, but it looked like any issues we had was down ben white's side - would that be fair ?

Judging by comments on here is it fair to say that Jorginho played well ? I have said continually that I would play him more cos it releases rice to drive forward more and makes us a more positive team.

No shock though to see that yet again it was trossard that was dropped - I know the german dud finished well for his goal (but he missed an easier chance), but trossard had done more in recent weeks than the german dud and is still dropped :roll:

Yes Augie, two or three lively attacks by them down White’s flank, but not sure how much that had to do with White and how much it was because it was the wing that Gordon and Isak were playing on. I’m not a huge fan of white, but he doesn’t get much help from Saka, certainly not compared to the help Martinelli gives to the left back.

Yes Havertz scored but he’s fucking poor. Too often his first touch is heavy and the move breaks down and he missed a couple of very good opportunities to score. I knew he’d miss the one on one with the keeper, as he did in the recent game where Saka stuck in the rebound…was it against the scousers?

Not sure what more Trossard has to do to earn a proper run in the side. It seems that he was the one punished for the Porto fiasco, but regardless of that, Arteta will always put the German dud ahead of him.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

BFG4 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:51 pm
After the cheating we experienced away in Newcastle, how enjoyable was it to destroy these cùnts. Only negative and il say it again, where would be if we signed a striker :banghead: but great win :barscarf:
I’d have been ecstatic to win by the first goal, a calamitous fuck up, that only just crossed the line, as some sort of karma, but it was lovely that we gave them a lesson on football.
Suprised by their lack of physicality but I think across the team we now have a little more about us to stand up to treatment like that.
Levels dropped considerably by bringing on Nketiah, Nelson, but importantly our forwards got a decent rest and Smith Rowe showed in his cameo that he still retains that ability.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:54 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:51 pm
I’d have been ecstatic to win by the first goal, a calamitous fuck up, that only just crossed the line, as some sort of karma, but it was lovely that we gave them a lesson on football.
Surprised by their lack of physicality but I think across the team we now have a little more about us to stand up to treatment like that.
Levels dropped considerably by bringing on Nketiah, Nelson, but importantly our forwards got a decent rest and Smith Rowe showed in his cameo that he still retains that ability.
And what a 'lesson' it was, some of the Best Football we have played (so far) this season. A real Team Effort. I think we took them totally by surprise from the very whistle we were On it and they were like a rudderless ship., so much so that their usual 'organised rotational fouling on our attackers & midfield was shot to fuck... OH! What Fun. :D