Blades bumholes A Mon Mar 4th KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Blades bumholes A Mon Mar 4th KO 8pm

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:59 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:25 pm
Declan Rice - 5 goals and 5 assists so far this season........not bad for a defensive mifielder!! :barscarf:

Is he a defensive midfielder though ? I used to think that he was, but since he joined us I think that he is far more effective playing in the 8 where he can hunt down the opposition all over the pitch

Havent seen a second of tonights game yet - had to attend a meeting with our beloved FAI tonight
Did they offer you the managers job? They’ve offered it to everyone fucking else.

:wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Declan Rice - 5 goals and 5 assists so far this season........not bad for a defensive mifielder!! :barscarf:

Is he a defensive midfielder though ? I used to think that he was, but since he joined us I think that he is far more effective playing in the 8 where he can hunt down the opposition all over the pitch

Havent seen a second of tonights game yet - had to attend a meeting with our beloved FAI tonight
Has the FAI appointed Sam Allardyce yet. Pretty forward thinking manager compared to the last sod.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:14 pm
2 :barscarf:

I’ve got bets on 6-0 (40/1) and 7-0 (100/1)
Makes it interesting :D
Enjoy collecting your winnings mate!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:02 pm
If Partey or Vieira have to start for us in any game this season we are dropping points.
Agreed....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

TeeCee wrote:
just look at the player and his impact...this obsession with stats nowadays...can mislead...

Anyone with half a brain can see Rice is Top Quality, and an absolutey brilliant signing

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:06 pm
augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

Did they offer you the managers job? They’ve offered it to everyone fucking else.

:wink:

Nah man - we are taking back the man who led england under 21s to euro glory a few months ago :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:37 pm
I really enjoyed that, whose testimonial was it anyway? :rubchin: :lol:
I think it was Chris Wilder's Obituary. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:50 pm
I wouldn't trust Jesus once in a month of Sundays if he was one on one in the last minute of a CL final

FFS keep it down mate or he'll get Cross

Yes that comment was Nailed on

He did look a tad Wooden when he came on

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Kingralph wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:16 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:14 pm
2 :barscarf:

I’ve got bets on 6-0 (40/1) and 7-0 (100/1)
Makes it interesting :D
Enjoy collecting your winnings mate!

Yaaaaay !!! The Milky Bars Are On Gunner Rob. :barscarf:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Can't complain with 6! how awful were Sheffield utd.

Actually I will complain. I wanted a proper cricket score. 7 or above is what raises eyebrows for me and would really like us to get a huge score in one of these games given how easily quickly we get to 5.

And viera utterly shite. Travesty he is ahead of esr. Awful nothing player. Si kens me he will be jere long term and esr sold. He offers bathing than the odd decent free kick delivery.

And surely there's and academy right back who could come in and do what cedric does. Is Tom cruise still about?

Should be same again vs Brentford as there pretty crap at mo.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

Great result. Played some really good stuff in the first half, you can only beat what is in front of you, which was absolute dross. :barscarf:

Once we made the subs our intensity dropped right off, but Viera, Partey etc bring nothing and should be hooked. :roll:

Although a great win its tinged with a bit of disappointment. Would loved to have seen us set a first half scoring record; would have liked to have seen a Gooner all time away record score beating 7 and I was perhaps a bit optimistic of us setting a PL record. I think we could have done these if we had really put our foot on their throat, but the second half subs killed that.

Still onwards to the weekend :barscarf:

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:50 am
I wouldn't trust Jesus once in a month of Sundays if he was one on one in the last minute of a CL final

I suspect that's a month of Easter Sundays :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nick Nack wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:47 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:50 am

I suspect that's a month of Easter Sundays :lol:

You Palmed that one off very nicely or are you trying to get a Rise out of me!? :D :wink:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:59 am
TeeCee wrote:
just look at the player and his impact...this obsession with stats nowadays...can mislead...

Anyone with half a brain can see Rice is Top Quality, and an absolutey brilliant signing
He has impacted both ends of the pitch for us

We are more solid defensively with him playing deep and protecting the back 4 but he also can play higher up, giving us opportunities to win the ball back in the final third and be straight on an offensive.

Carrying the ball is also a big strength of his, deceptively quick and has the engine to keep going all game.

Our player of the season so far, I would say, possibly the premier league player of the year and he is still only going to get better.

If the question was posed now would you buy Declan Rice for £105m I would hope the answer would unequivocally be yes 100% as his signing in its own has transformed us.