Cheaty C.UNTS vs THE Arsenal A Sun March 31st 16:30. Prem.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: Cheaty C.UNTS vs THE Arsenal A Sun March 31st 16:30. Prem.

Post by TeeCee »

takes every miss to heart.
And that's a lot to fucking take!! :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arteta Post Game Interview on BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68648918

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:07 pm
Hard fought, backs to the wall sort of point that can make a season.

We didn’t crumble under pressure; we didn’t try anything stupid and we did well defensively. We honestly need a CF, though. Jesus is the Brazilian Lacazette, he doesn’t offer much threat and takes every miss to heart.

I think that is very disrespectful to lacazette - laca was a good goal scorer in a poor team

augie

Post by augie »

I have said it on here a million times about both players but I will say it again - odeargod and de bruyne are THE prime example of over-hyped players who make their names and reputations feasting on the shit teams, to the point that the meeja constantly ignore the fact that they go missing in every big game :roll: Twice today casper our disappearing captain pulled out of tackles that were 60/40 in his favour, and his use of the ball was poor too.

Plaudits rightly go to the two centre backs who were immense all day long, but jorginho also was excellent imo and should never have been subbed

I said when we bought jesus that he is a winger and not a number 9 - today he was neither :roll: Starting him ahead of trossard was totally wrong imo even though trossard did nothing much when he came on, it still needs noting that he skipped by their right back a couple of times like he wasnt even there, plus our best chance came through him (he should have crossed to martinelli tho) whilst jesus done fcuk all :roll:
Havertz tried in first half but was anonymous in second half and lost balls on edge of our box twice

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

augie wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:59 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:07 pm
Hard fought, backs to the wall sort of point that can make a season.

We didn’t crumble under pressure; we didn’t try anything stupid and we did well defensively. We honestly need a CF, though. Jesus is the Brazilian Lacazette, he doesn’t offer much threat and takes every miss to heart.

I think that is very disrespectful to lacazette - laca was a good goal scorer in a poor team
Was terrible in his last season.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Both defences were incredible today

Midz

Post by Midz »

Glad we didn't lose, disappointed we never won.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I have been seeing/ reading by the usual wakners in the media, but also from some Gooners here and elsewhere that we didn't play well.

It was a hard, tense even exhausting; as in nerve wrecking, game to watch, but we did what needed to be done, firstly we stopped them from scoring; the first team to do so in 53 (Cheaty) Games on their own turf. And so we didn't lose, we might even have nicked it had Jesus been up to it and if Trossard was quicker in his decision making and looked up to see Martinelli; but those are minor grumbles.

Other than Saka, Jesus and Trossard all our players deserve plaudits for turning up, standing their ground and sticking to the plan to stay compact as a unit & team and not get bullied; if anything Saliba and especially Gabriel bullied the over-sized Chucky.

As others have said 'really proud of our players' and for us to be the only team (so far) to take at least 4 points from 6 against Cheaty definitely shows how we have progressed this season.

We just need to ensure that in the remaining games we don't lose our focus and when possible play our fast, attacking, flowing football.

Apparently the scousefilth are now favourites; not that the media have anything to do with that (*) :roll: But I can definitely see them losing games, Cheaty? Well it is a fingers crossed thing that they too drop points and that we can somehow keep our positivity and momentum.

(*) Stupid Teeth was air punching after their (narrow) win yesterday and the media were praising his 'attitude' and 'positivity' and how he 'joined in with the fans celebrations', yet when Arteta celebrated after (deservedly) beating the scousefilth (and spoiling the media's Klopp love-in) he got lambasted!..

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

We gained a point but lost two. Our best two players were our CB's. Going forward we were toothless at no time did Arteta go for it. The decision to bring in Jesus instead of Trossard just didnt work. Saka was anonymous as was Havertz. The commentator summed it up when the stat came up that City's last home defeat was when Ivan Toney scored two goals.

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

Jesus played because Martinelli has just come back from a severe cut to his foot and missed the international break and trossard played in both games for Belgium. I’d have preferred either too. You can moan about it but can’t really call out the manager for it if he felt it better to utilise a player who would be completely fresh. Kinda searching for stuff to be miserable about.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I think yesterday was a positive result. Had we had a real go at City, they'd have picked us off eventually. My only gripe(as it has been all season) is that Jesus or championship Eddie are embarrassing options up front and had we bought a proper striker in the summer, I'd give us a massive chance of winning the title. I still think City are favourites because L'pool will drop points somewhere along the line where as City are more than capable of winning all their remaining games.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I think if that stupid international break hadn't come along we'd have beaten them.

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

Midz wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:02 am
I think if that stupid international break hadn't come along we'd have beaten them.
Quite possible.

Trossard played twice, Rice the same and even captained the England side. Saka sent home injured and looked out of sorts yesterday

Contrast that to Ben white who spent 2 weeks hanging out of the back of his Mrs instead and looked quite fresh yesterday.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:49 am
I think yesterday was a positive result. Had we had a real go at City, they'd have picked us off eventually.
Exactly - we had to be pragmatic and ensure we did not lose - might be something we need to do in the 2nd leg v Bayern too, to ensure we progress.

In the last 3 seasons our biggest defeats have been v City, 4-1 away, 1-3 at home and a whopping 5-0 away and all the football experts told us how far away we were, probably with some truth. Now we are competing in the big games v the big teams, with opportunities to take 3 points home and away.

If you turn up to give them a game and be so open, good chance they would win, so why give them that advantage ?

We didn’t have our usual threat from out wide, Saka was a passenger mostly but we still had the odd chance to nick it, Saka if he was 100% may have gone for goal when he put the ball across that Jesus couldn’t quite reach and Trossard couldn’t replicate his superb finish v Liverpool ( or look to find Martinelli )

I didn’t understand Martinelli on the rhs when Trossard is 2 footed and Martinelli plays left wing all season
Partey looks rusty as hell and no longer in pace with our game
White had a very good game, particularly going forward and showed what a tit Southgate is to side with a second rate coach over a player.
Kiwor looked a little nervous early on, misplaced a few passes but was easily a better option than Zinchenko ( who for all the clamour of being an Arteta favourite hasn’t played much has he )

Our centre back pairing is the best in the league, we are into April and still have a very realistic prospect of winning the title and our young team still have another level or two to go up in the years ahead.

:barscarf:
Last edited by Stuart L (2) on Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:49 am
I have been seeing/ reading by the usual wakners in the media, but also from some Gooners here and elsewhere that we didn't play well.

It was a hard, tense even exhausting; as in nerve wrecking, game to watch, but we did what needed to be done, firstly we stopped them from scoring; the first team to do so in 53 (Cheaty) Games on their own turf. And so we didn't lose, we might even have nicked it had Jesus been up to it and if Trossard was quicker in his decision making and looked up to see Martinelli; but those are minor grumbles.

Other than Saka, Jesus and Trossard all our players deserve plaudits for turning up, standing their ground and sticking to the plan to stay compact as a unit & team and not get bullied; if anything Saliba and especially Gabriel bullied the over-sized Chucky.

As others have said 'really proud of our players' and for us to be the only team (so far) to take at least 4 points from 6 against Cheaty definitely shows how we have progressed this season.

We just need to ensure that in the remaining games we don't lose our focus and when possible play our fast, attacking, flowing football.

Apparently the scousefilth are now favourites; not that the media have anything to do with that (*) :roll: But I can definitely see them losing games, Cheaty? Well it is a fingers crossed thing that they too drop points and that we can somehow keep our positivity and momentum.

(*) Stupid Teeth was air punching after their (narrow) win yesterday and the media were praising his 'attitude' and 'positivity' and how he 'joined in with the fans celebrations', yet when Arteta celebrated after (deservedly) beating the scousefilth (and spoiling the media's Klopp love-in) he got lambasted!..

So you are suggesting that captain casper deserves plaudits ??? For what exactly ??