THE Arsenal v Bayern BumBoys 9th/10th April 2024

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: THE Arsenal v Bayern BumBoys 9th/10th April 2024

Post by falkirk goon »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:25 am
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:17 pm
Worried he's starting to integrate Zinchenko back into the side, which especially as Kiwior hasn't put a foot wrong is the one thing which may cost us in the run in
He was poor yesterday at Brighton....dont rate him at all
He's utter shite..We need him to be called up.for the war in Ukraine or for him to pull a hammy..He's nearly as shite as Clive was in previous years(he can't be more shite nobody could be more shite)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

zinchenko is beyond bad....in fact he is a genuine and serious accident that happens Every Fucking Game. :banghead: :cussing:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

I can't stand Zinchenko.
Our opponents know he's a liability and target him.
We probably wouldn't have drawn with City if he'd played.

No way he should play in the big games.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:36 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Worried he's starting to integrate Zinchenko back into the side, which especially as Kiwior hasn't put a foot wrong is the one thing which may cost us in the run in
He's utter shite..We need him to be called up.for the war in Ukraine or for him to pull a hammy..He's nearly as shite as Clive was in previous years(he can't be more shite nobody could be more shite)
:D :D :D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Really looking forward to tomorrow now, going to the brewhouse pre-match for food and beers, then into the stadium early doors to sample a bit of pre match atmosphere on the north bank concourse. Will be jumping!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Reading the comments above about Zinchenko, my mind was drifting towards the Bayern game as I watched his performance at the weekend. I don't really watch foreign football, but I always associate Bayern with really pacey wingers and wing backs, and would much rather see Kiwior back in there with his unspectacular approach than this inverted wing back stuff which seems to work ok against the lesser teams but could be a recipe for disaster against a decent winger.....especially when that winger will be teeing up someone like Kane as opposed to Enciso or Adingra !

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:47 am
Reading the comments above about Zinchenko, my mind was drifting towards the Bayern game as I watched his performance at the weekend. I don't really watch foreign football, but I always associate Bayern with really pacey wingers and wing backs, and would much rather see Kiwior back in there with his unspectacular approach than this inverted wing back stuff which seems to work ok against the lesser teams but could be a recipe for disaster against a decent winger.....especially when that winger will be teeing up someone like Kane as opposed to Enciso or Adingra !
But that’s why in my opinion he did play yesterday to keep Kiwor fresh to go up against Sane or Gnabry ( can’t think who plays rhs for them )

Squad management, player rotation , amend the first 11 to counteract opposition threats, we now have the depth to be able to achieve that.
Last edited by Stuart L (2) on Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:13 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
But that’s why in my opinion he did play yesterday to keep Kiwor fresh to go up against Mane or Gnabry ( can’t think who plays rhs for them )

Squad management, player rotation , amend the first 11 to counteract opposition threats, we now have the depth to be able to achieve that.
Hoping you're right Stuart!

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
I laughed at Zinchenko saying that if he's called up, he'd go :roll: yeah cause he can't volunteer to go.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
But that’s why in my opinion he did play yesterday to keep Kiwor fresh to go up against Mane or Gnabry ( can’t think who plays rhs for them )

Well yes agree to a certain amount of rotation Stuart...but question the strength of depth of the squad...we have some very poor players hanging on for their contracts in our squad...the gamble with playing zinchenko against Brighton paid off for arteta but in first half particularly he was looking all over the place
Hope you are right and Kiwior is back for Bayern!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Manuel Neuer, Kingsley Coman, Leroy Sané, Mazraoui and also Pavlović all back in team training for Bayern.

Only Sacha Boey and Bouna Sarr will miss the game vs Arsenal. ⛔️

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:49 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
I laughed at Zinchenko saying that if he's called up, he'd go :roll: yeah cause he can't volunteer to go.
Silly Zinchenko eh.

I don’t know why he’d want to leave his 150k a week, stupidly hot tv presenter mrs and toddler at home to participate in Putins slaughterhouse. What’s wrong with the guy.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
But that’s why in my opinion he did play yesterday to keep Kiwor fresh to go up against Sane or Gnabry ( can’t think who plays rhs for them )

Was thinking the same thing, sadly it still doesn't negate just how poor he is defending. He has skills etc but I think he is more a Creative Midfielder, even so his predilection to roam and not hold his position in a well drilled team & system is still bewildering. You'd think Arteta and few of his team mates would have given him a right blocking for it by now.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Viv Andersons Tache wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:53 am
BFG4 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:49 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Silly Zinchenko eh.

I don’t know why he’d want to leave his 150k a week, stupidly hot tv presenter mrs and toddler at home to participate in Putins slaughterhouse. What’s wrong with the guy.
I was laughing at him pretending he is going to go fight(when he definitely won't). Didn't think that needed explaining but there we go :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal have a fully fit squad. Every player is training today. [@sr_collings] #afc