THE Arsenal v Bayern BumBoys 9th/10th April 2024

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
madjens

Re: THE Arsenal v Bayern BumBoys 9th/10th April 2024

Post by madjens »

WOW completely got away with that penalty to be fair

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Just seen that Gabriel incident at the goal kick. Did our players leave their brains in the dressing room?

madjens

Post by madjens »

Think we were incredibly lucky. To be 1-3 down and the manner of those three goals could have torpedoed us.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

The fear I have and I feel a load of the older battlescarred gooners like myself will have is the effect tonight's performance will have going forward.Kiwior will be made a scapegoat even though Zinchenko was utter shite when he came on,he will play every game now :cry: and that will result in lost points.This tie isn't over but we've made it far harder than it needed to be.We go a goal up and then shit the bed,we should've been looking at stiffening them by 2or3 then going over there to finish the job.Instead we have a tie 60/40 65/35 in their favour and it'll be an energy sapper.Game at a time but i think tonight may be the start of the annual unraveling we've become so used to :cry: An exit from one usually results in a downturn in the other,by fuck I hope im wrong.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:03 pm
Just seen that Gabriel incident at the goal kick. Did our players leave their brains in the dressing room?
They’ve been at that in quite a few matches lately but Raya throws the ball to one of the CBs who then takes the kick out. Just go to show the brain fart nature that Gabriel picked up the ball that was kicked from Raya.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Lucky to manage a draw. Sane killed us in the first half with his speed & they should have been 3 up.
Not confident about either the return game OR the next few PL games. At least we'll finish in the top 4 !!. :barscarf: :barscarf:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

We are too right sided , Martinelli and then Trossard were in acres of space but we always go right through Odegaard and Saka and virtually ignore them. From where I was in the West stand you could clearly see that Kane looked and checked where Gabriel was before the elbow. What do you have to do to get a red now ?
However they were too fast for us and we were too laboured in our build up , Raya and his defence don't appear to communicate and his positioning is suspect to say the least.
My thoughts at the finish were that we were lucky to get the draw and that we need to be a lot more lively if we are to get anything over there.
And please God let Timber be the missing link in defence because Zinchenko and Kiwior are not at this level.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Having seen it again it’s one of those that we’d be delighted it’s given but go apeshit if it’s given against us,having said that If that’s the Bernabeau in the last minute for Madrid that’s not getting dismissed like Saka’s was

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:51 am
We are too right sided , Martinelli and then Trossard were in acres of space but we always go right through Odegaard and Saka and virtually ignore them. From where I was in the West stand you could clearly see that Kane looked and checked where Gabriel was before the elbow. What do you have to do to get a red now ?
However they were too fast for us and we were too laboured in our build up , Raya and his defence don't appear to communicate and his positioning is suspect to say the least.
My thoughts at the finish were that we were lucky to get the draw and that we need to be a lot more lively if we are to get anything over there.
And please God let Timber be the missing link in defence because Zinchenko and Kiwior are not at this level.
Kane is like a modern day Shearer - what he did to Gabriel is something I've seen him do literally hundreds of times for Spurs and Ingerlund. He gives the little look over his shoulder before usually arching his back into someone, or throwing an arm back into them. Just like Ingerlund captains from the past - Shearer, Gerrard etc - he gets away with fucking murder. That was a red last night, no doubt about it

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

https://x.com/dobbo0107/status/17778231 ... cNVBoGD_Fw

Snap that fucking dribbling c.unt in half second leg :twisted:

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:04 pm
I'll say it again. Our fans were a joke tonight

My lad was there tonight - aged 23 - with a whole group of mates who were experiencing this level of match as adults for the first time ever

The atmosphere was awful! Wait till we go out there - it will be a cauldron of noise for 90 mins
I went. Honestly Steve it wasn’t that bad. Obviously tension when we went behind.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Last night was up there with Wenger era chaos and self harm but somehow we escaped with a draw. The gaps we allowed(particularly when Sane has that much pace) defensively were embarrassing.

The Kane incident was as obvious a red as your likely to see but that lowlife has been getting away with it for years :censored:

Arteta needs to be criticised for last night because him playing favourites kills the team.
Zinchenko is absolutely shit, a liability defensively and fucks up most attacks yet he was brought in at HT. As for Martinelli, I've lost count of the amount of ineffective performances by him but because Arteta fancies him over Trossard, he plays(unless he's injured).

I hope I'm wrong but I can see things all unravelling within the next 7 days as we'll struggle against Villa and considering we shit the bed at home last night, I can't imagine us heading out to Germany and handing that pressure :cry:

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

BFG4 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:28 am

Arteta needs to be criticised for last night because him playing favourites kills the team.
Zinchenko is absolutely shit, a liability defensively and fucks up most attacks yet he was brought in at HT. As for Martinelli, I've lost count of the amount of ineffective performances by him but because Arteta fancies him over Trossard, he plays(unless he's injured).

How can Zinchenko be a favourite when he doesn’t start him. I didn’t think he was that bad when he came on but we are at the stage where people are scapegoating him now (only on here) . Yes he’s a risk but we needed to be more fluid in the ball.

Artetas other favourite Jesus came on and played well I thought.

Think we can get a result in Munich. Will be tough though. Last night was always going to be harder than people thought, The consensus was that we would rock up and they would roll over but they are a team with some very good players. Keep the faith

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Went to the game so only just seen previous comments.

Observations:

1. Bayern are no mugs and as soon as you saw the team sheet with some seriously good players, you knew they had to be more than decent
2. Atmosphere was a bit so-so, think down to nervousness as much as anything
3. Was right on top of the Saka 'pen', looked nailed-on at the time. Just seen on TV and got to say that ref probably got it right
4. Worst decision of the night, was not the ref with either 'pen' or Kane's elbow, it was Tuchel's decision to take off Sane. What a great player. Second worst decision was the one to bring Zinkchenko on, he was a walking liability. (But someone here earlier mentioned his missus, and I have to concede he deserves utmost admiration on that one ....!)
5. Can win in Munich, sometimes the team set up better for playing more on the counter

That's me done!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I've watched a fair few Bayern games this season, partly to laugh at dribble chin and hammer head for failing to win a one horse race but also because I almost always select their games for over 2.5 goals in my weekly acca which comes in 90% of the time.

What you saw last night was a snap shot of their entire season, lethal going forward but seriously suspect at the back. We'll definitely score out there, problem is so will they - it's just a matter of seeing if we can edge them out in the end.