THE Arsenal v Bayern BumBoys 9th/10th April 2024

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

THE Arsenal v Bayern BumBoys 9th/10th April 2024

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68573522

Arsenal have been drawn against Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

The Gunners will host German side Bayern BUMBOYS, who have England captain PHAT THONGUE Harry Kane in their squad, at Emirates Stadium in the first leg.

The first legs take place 9-10 April, with the second legs on 16-17 April.

For Info Only:

Quarter-finals draw

Arsenal v Bayern Munich

Atletico Madrid v Borussia Dortmund

Paris St-Germain v Barcelona

Real Madrid v Manchester City

Semi-finals draw

Atletico Madrid or Borussia Dortmund v Paris St-Germain or Barcelona

Arsenal or Bayern Munich v Real Madrid or Manchester City

ALSO:

Bayern BumBoy Fans Are BANNED from Attending The Next Away Games by UEFA. Forthrowing fireworks onto the pitch during the 3-1 win against Lazio earlier on this month.

This means the whole 60,000 of the Emirates Stadium WILL be filled with Arsenal fans only.

TeeCee

Re: THE Arsenal v Bayern BumBoys 9th/10th April 2024

Post by TeeCee »

Bayern will get some fans in because of course the touts will be making big bucks from them! But they shouldn't have big groups together to make much/any noise and they should be booted out if they do make a sound. That is a massive boost to Arsenal as having your fans there home and away is huge as we all know.
We need to take at least a 2 goal lead to Munich because it will be tough there but fuck me, what a chance for revenge and to end Harry Mong's chance of a trophy this season!
Come on you Gunners! :barscarf: :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

An absolutely horrendous draw imo :cry: All the best teams in our half.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:58 pm

True Falky, but y’know, UEFA have to do all they can to get Barca to the final. :banghead: :cussing:

augie

Post by augie »

falkirk goon wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:58 pm

I( dont think it is a bad quarter final draw tbh, but I agree that the semi final is a nightmare - we should have enough to beat bayern who are in turmoil with half the squad not liking tuchel, and they have a very average midfield, but I do worry about their wingers against our full backs.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

We owe this lot big time don't we?

That 10-2 debacle just about summed up the latter years Wenger reign and caused us to be a laughing stock around Europe. They clearly aren't near those levels now despite the Window Licker notching 40 odd goals and we are clearly far better than we were then

It will actually be a better game to watch than Porto. Not saying it will be easy, but should be two great games I'd hope

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Yep, that’s possibly the hardest quarter and semi final draw we could have got. But, we’re gonna meet these teams at some point so game on! Fancy us against Bayern and deep joy to see Kane win feck all again.
Then maybe Real can do something against the oil cheats and who knows!
Looking forward to it. COYG!

Midz

Post by Midz »

Whoever we got was always going to be a tough one. Bayern aren't the team they used to be although they're still good and will be difficult to beat.
As said above we've improved and they've dropped off a bit so it should be a good contest over 2 legs.

C'mon Arsenal!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Shows how weak the Italian game is these days. A few years ago it would have been impossible to imagine the CL quarter finals without at least one Italian club in there. I find it sad, as I always enjoyed Italian football and they were a major force.

I know some people don't think it's possible to follow a foreign side, but Juve have always been my team in Italy...always kind of viewed them as an Italian version of Arsenal, football royalty in Italy, as we are over here. Also have a soft spot for Atalanta in recent years, having been to Bergamo a couple of times and enjoyed it. They punch above their weight.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

We should aim to put the tie to bed in the 1st round

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I'm fucking gutted about the draw lads :cry: was saying to a couple of fellow gooners in work that we needed luck in the draw :cry: luck deserted us ffs.I said Dortmund PSG or Barca would be best and we've landed over the other side ffs.Its like all those years when Barca were kings then Bayern and we always seemed to land them :cry: I heard someone say earlier that you need to play them all at some point :rubchin: The problem is that if we go past Bayern then onto the semis the games will be so huge and intense that i fear our league form might suffer as a result.Game at a time 🤞

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Doesn't really matter who we get at this stage. We would have to play against tough opposition at some point and tbh if we have to get beaten I'd rather now than in the final.

I think we can beat Bayern. If everyone is on it and if he does not play Zinchenko.

Come on the Arsenal we owe these pricks. :censored: :box:

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:08 pm
Doesn't really matter who we get at this stage. We would have to play against tough opposition at some point and tbh if we have to get beaten I'd rather now than in the final.

I think we can beat Bayern. If everyone is on it and if he does not play Zinchenko.

Or Havertz, or Viera or Jorghino or Eddie, or ......... :wink:

Seriously, we have way too many nothing players to be consistently competitive. One injury to the wrong player and everything falls apart

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:32 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:08 pm

Or Havertz, or Viera or Jorghino or Eddie, or ......... :wink:

Seriously, we have way too many nothing players to be consistently competitive. One injury to the wrong player and everything falls apart
Agreed. We have such a thin squad. Which reminds me a lot of certain seasons under Wenger when we had the guts of a good side but were always a couple players short of winning the league and only ever an injury or two away from disaster.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:35 pm
Shows how weak the Italian game is these days. A few years ago it would have been impossible to imagine the CL quarter finals without at least one Italian club in there. I find it sad, as I always enjoyed Italian football and they were a major force.

I know some people don't think it's possible to follow a foreign side, but Juve have always been my team in Italy...always kind of viewed them as an Italian version of Arsenal, football royalty in Italy, as we are over here. Also have a soft spot for Atalanta in recent years, having been to Bergamo a couple of times and enjoyed it. They punch above their weight.
Yes Retro your right right about Juventus, although Torino fans wont agree :D